University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center

University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center Employee Reviews

Failed management, pharmacy
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 2, 2018
Very cut throat, little disregard for staff and fail to follow hospital policies regarding non punitive errors. They over hire and then find ways of terminating employees to then fit their budget. Not a good department to work for.
Pros
Staff was very friendly and helpful
Cons
Poor department management
Nice Hospital
Phlebotomist/Patient care technician (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 31, 2018
Nice Hospital, great place to work. The raise is usually 30 cents or less at a time. Flexible schedule and work hours. I been there for two years. I think that the tech 3 should be paid more
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 11, 2018
Very supportive management and administration, solicits input from staff. Provides opportunity to be of service and provide individualized care to patients.
Pros
solicits input from staff.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Most enjoyable part of the job
ED Registrar (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 19, 2018
Everyone treats you like family, very close together and always helping each other out with balancing work - life schedules and stress. A great company to work for!
Pros
45 minute lunch breaks.
Cons
busiest ER around.
transporter
TRANSPORTER (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2018
Great for someone in high school or college. Limited mobility to advance. A transporter is great for someone who likes to stay be on your feet and new things every day. You will appreciate life more if you go in with a open mindset
Pros
able to work as many hours as you want
The worst
X security (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 2, 2018
Misleading ,disrespectful ,unprofessional.
The security management is a joke.
A dangerous place to work.
Security is poorly trained under equipped for the job that is expected of them.
If you are currently searching for employment keep looking.
I can't rate it low enough.
Pros
Cons
Misleading, disrespectful poorly managed and no leadership at all
Staff was AWESOME and seemed to work well together
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 18, 2018
Management was poor and very cut throat. Attendance policy very strict. A few years ago took away quite a few benefits . Staff worked well together but no backing from management
five year tour
Charge Nurse/ Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2018
worked there for 5 years of ups and downs. Would work there again under another manager. Friendly nurses who work hard. Focused on a atmosphere of teamwork.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
short staffed, poor attitudes at times
Approve!
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 6, 2018
It's a job but the support I got from my team and boss is outstanding. I hear others with the same job in Baltimore don't have 5% of the encouragement that we get everyday at BWMC. I think I will be here for a long time.
very low pay. Disrespectful management
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  BWMCDecember 28, 2017
Bussiness before employees safety and dignity. Prejudice management. Low respect for staff. No opportunity for growth. A clean facility in appearance, but durty in management.
Great experience opportunity
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 18, 2017
I was hired right out of college & the position I got into was a stepping stone for me. I gained tons of experience, but this was not my forever job. I loved the people I worked with, but I had to travel from a pretty far distance to get to work and the pay I was receiving was not an incentive to make that long drive for a long period of time
Difficult
Supervisor, Ed Registration (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 13, 2017
Challeging and rewarding at times. Stressful, uncompromising at times. Enjoyable experiences for the most part. Good place to learn. Culture is divided at times.
Poor Management, stressful environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDNovember 14, 2017
Very little team work. The work place can become very stressful when there's not enough staff. If you like taking care of people this is the job for you.
Pros
free parking
Cons
short staffed, low moral, strict attendance policy
ping ponging experience
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDOctober 21, 2017
very unpredictable, largely understaffed and physically draining of the available staff. the management in the nutritional service area lacks professionalism and knowledge.
Pros
medical benefits at any level of employment
Cons
little quality of life due to poor pay and constant presence at work due to staffing issues
Waste of Time
Release of Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MD 21061September 14, 2017
This job is for very boring and seems to have no sense of growth. The pay is depressing and 8 hours seems to feel like 12 hours in a day. If you are a recent college graduate, do not take this job.
Pros
layed back work day
Cons
Work weekends, poor pay
I loved bwmc
Registered Nurse, Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 12, 2017
I loved working at Baltimore Washington Medical Center. I was able to grow and learn as a nurse there. The New grad residency program is the best. I loved my nurse manager and all my colleagues. Even the docs are nice. I loved working on 6W.
Pros
Teamwork, lots of smiles, patients, education
A wonderful work environment for learning
Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 26, 2017
A typical day at work involves either working in a procedure room, assisting the physician during endoscopic procedures, or in the scope reprocessing room. We typically have anywhere from 4-16 cases a day which can take place in our endo unit, in the CCU, in the ER, or in the OR. We are in the midst of a lot of management personnel changes so things are a bit chaotic at the moment. The hardest part of the job is the mandatory call. There is no room for a life/work balance. We are on call 1-2x per week and every 3rd weekend. You can get easily burnt out. The most enjoyable part of the job has been learning all the new procedures and interventions.
Pros
lots of new learning opportunities
Cons
being on call
Short staffed with slow hiring process
Patient Care Technician III (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 5, 2017
I have worked at this facility for many years. It used to be a nice place to work but upper management has been slacking lately. Typically i am the only Tech on my unit taking care of upwards of 15-24 patients assigned to me at once. workplace is okay but keep to yourself. as goes with any job help all and trust no one. upper management has been seemingly trying to find any reason to write their employees up for any little thing while not acknowledging all that we "grunt" employees do for this institution.
Very good team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 19, 2017
All members on the unit acitve in care. Teamwork. Most of the time the rns are stretched very thin due to heavy work loads. Minimal flexibilty in schedule
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
No annual raises. Heavy patient loads
Surrounded by wonderful staff
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 19, 2017
PCU is a very difficult floor to work on but with the help of our charge nurses and our other wonderful nurses, we are always able to provide efficient, patient-centered care.