University of Maryland Capital Region Health Employee Reviews

Stressful and unorganized
N/A (Current Employee) –  Prince George’s hospital centerApril 10, 2019
This place is a very stressful and unprofessional place. The work load can be really crazy most times and always short staffed. Staffing was a big issue for me.... not safe for myself or my patients. I believe in proper care... but when you are given too many patients at the same time... you don’t have time to give the actual proper care because you will be behind and schedule can over lap. It is not fair for the staff and the patients. Our patients deserve proper care and attention. Management is always about saving money by not staffing properly and that takes away proper care from patients.... which they deserve.
Pros
Great trauma and ICU team
Cons
Unorganized, understaffed, overworked, unprofessional.
Stay away from here unless you want to be micromanaged and have management blatantly disrespect you
Ambulatory Nurse Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDFebruary 27, 2019
There’s a reason why the organization has such a high turnover rate. STAY AWAY. I do not recommend anyone working for the ambulatory part of this organization. You will be micromanaged and bullied by managers (at the clinic level) who have no clue what they themselves are doing and you will be blatantly disrespected. The entire organization is antiquated and do not work efficient or “smart.” There’s no room to suggest ways to improve how the clinic runs because management does not want to listen. The place is not worth the stress. They just want to use you to do a plethora of jobs that is not in your job description, all while not paying you enough. you will feel like you’re being pulled in a million directions and don’t you dare voice concerns to management because they will do absolutely nothing about it and continue operating at a sub par level resulting in poor management of patients with chronic conditions. Save yourself the headache and go somewhere that will have management that actually have good leadership experience and understand the concept of basic respect for human beings because at the end of the day, they’re not doing you a favor, if anything you’re doing them a favor for working in such a toxic and out dated health system.
Pros
Working hours
Positive work environment.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Quality Assurance AnalystDecember 1, 2018
I like working here. Like most workplaces, this work environment has its issues. However, the host has been bought by the University of Maryland and several changes are coming through the pipeline. Additionally, every employee gets a 2% raise annually.
Interesting
Appeals Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDNovember 14, 2018
You meet and work with very interesting people. An interactions with patients most often will make you think.
It is my opinion that some areas definitely need an urgent upgrade.
Friendly and great place to work
DOC IMAG/CORRES LIAS (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDNovember 1, 2018
Its a great place to start and pick up new skills if your looking to get in the Financial field. The staff is friendly and the management is very fair.
Unproductive Work Environment with high staff turnover
Ambulatory Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheverly, MDOctober 27, 2018
Low morale. Outdated facility and equipment. Unprofessional leadership that gossips with staff, about staff. High turnover. Several people have walked off the job with little or no notice.
Pros
free parking
Cons
persistently short staffed
Ok
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDJuly 31, 2018
If healthcare is your field you would enjoy working at this hospital. In the transition it is very slow and things are kept very quiet. The communication here is at the bottom of the scale from all aspects.
no comment
Certified Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDJune 26, 2018
a typical day seemed like everyone is clueless and the ones that are experiences have gotten burned out.
Management the few that have applied does not support staff.
the culture is immature
Lazy work place
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Easton, MDJune 19, 2018
Not a lot of driven workers but a lot of driven superiors

Love working with the people of my town and the patients. However I feel like I’m working 5 different peoples jobs when I’m there.
Pros
The people
Cons
Over staffed
Stressful department
Radiology Lead Technologist (Former Employee) –  MarylandApril 16, 2018
Working for Dimensions Health Care was a fun but high impact environment. this was a level 2 trauma hospital. Management was good but limited to the HR practices. Holding my techs accountable was the hardest part of that job.
Pros
work with students
Cons
Minimum support for HR
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDApril 5, 2018
The management team in the unit where I work are excellent, the interdisciplinary health care team are very collaborative and hardworking and good team players. I love my work there and I will encourage anyone that wants to work in that kind of environment I just described to go ahead and apply and hopefully come on board.
Pros
Great compensation and work hours
Cons
Can be challenging sometimes
Never work here you’ll regret it
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 31, 2018
This was the absolute worst job ever. I worked as a Patient Access Rep in the ER. Management did not care about you as a human being, as long as someone was there to work that’s all that mattered. When you would come to management with a concern it was looked over and gossiped about. Everything turned into gossip it was terrible. The pay was horrible and they’d work you to death if they could. STAY AWAY FROM THIS JOB!!!
Horrible Place to work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheverly, MDJanuary 21, 2018
Management overall is horrible here, I think this company would be a lot better if they reevaulate the people they have working there. A lot of new people have been hired but the management skills suck! Some new departments that they have the managers do not have any management experience and just does not know how to manage other employees. Managers here gossip and talk about there employees to other people and think it will not get back to you. I knew this hospital wasn't a good place to go for care but to work there is just as worse. You are also under paid and they love to over work you and expect all work to get done in an 8 hour time frame. I wouldn't recommend anyone to waste there time to work here.
Management creates a poor work environment
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDJanuary 17, 2018
Excellent overall hospital with friendly and hard-working staff, diverse patient population and wide variety of case presentations. However, there are extreme deficiencies in management, experienced by myself and other PAs concurrently and in prior years. Pay is below National Averages for majority of PA fields (Critical Care and Emergency Med should be excluded, as they are separate departments). Not conducive to a team or supportive atmosphere. Also a frequent lack of supplies, training and supervision is present to "protect-your-license" extent. The reasons for the prompt employee turn-over rate are readily apparent, unfortunately.
Work Summary
Float Pool Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDJanuary 3, 2018
The facility is older and patients often complain of problems with room control temperature, bathroom leaking. I enjoy my coworkers and supervisors but I'm not happy with the lack of necessary equipment.
fast paced at time, must have good time mangaement and the ability to manage time effeciently
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 24, 2017
short staffed especially during critical hours, lack of effective manager/leadership is suspect at times, 12 hour shift become extremely short staffed during last 4 hours;
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
staff shortage
The employees and employers are friendly with respect.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDNovember 5, 2017
I worked at University of Maryland Capital Region Health for 6 years and 4 months with out any problem with employer or co-workers. The managements and co-workers are very friendly. We treat each other with respect . Team work is one of our day to day practice.
Stressful
Legal Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 12, 2017
This was a pleasant atmosphere to work in, as of late it is very stressful and filled with new unqualified leaders wagered on pleasing higher management .
Difficult to provide standard of care with the job requirements expected within the shift.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDAugust 25, 2017
Constantly pushed to take more patients than safe as well as overflow patients from other units, even from units not being trained in. Very stressful, hard to finish documentation within the shift and at the same time asked to not stay over end of shift. Patients are often neglected and not kept as clean as per standard of care due to too high workload per nurse. Often work without support staff such as Techs, Secretaries and even short of house keeping/environmetal staff.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Difficult to get un-interupted breaks, but questioned when documenting no lunch.
Great palce to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Cheverly, MDAugust 21, 2017
A great place to work, great COO. good people. The building is old. maintenance is slow to respond to the work request. They had a great facility director who they let walk out the door. He had an immediate impact on staff the first day
Pros
long hours for management
Cons
old faciity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Maryland Capital Region Health. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Maryland Capital Region Health Reviews by Job Title