University of Maryland Faculty Physicians Employee Reviews

Horrible
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  MDMarch 26, 2019
Great insurance management sucks for call center no room to grow feed false dreams to many chiefs and not enough indians you will regret it quickly...
Pros
Insurance
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 13, 2019
FPI is a good place to work. The people are collegial and management is friendly and helpful. Finance team is focused on accounting and process oriented.
Pros
Work life balance
just like most hospitals but a very serious environment.
Patient services coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 5, 2018
Nice place to work depending on the department. Management was understanding when it comes to family but you have to know someone to move up in the company.
Pros
yearly bouns
Decent benefits, OK compensation, good work/life balance, but the corporate C-Suite struggles to lead well
Decline to provide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 4, 2018
Your satisfaction working for this organization may depend on what department you work for. In many of the corporate departments, there's a stagnant energy amongst personnel, stemming from a frequently unfocused group of senior leaders. FPI says it values innovation, but doesn't understand how to embody it. Executives may (or may not) have strategy, but they do not know how to make it cohesive, and they certainly are not transparent about much of anything.
Work Day
Medical Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2018
Stay on top of the work and always preofessional. I have learned to manage my time better. The patients are always first priortiy, I go out of my way to make their experience the best.
Steady day of work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 13, 2018
A typical day at work was inbound calls; I learned how to deal with difficult patients. Management was awesome, very understanding and compassionate. The hardest part of the job was dealing with continuous difficult patients, but most often we dealt with more pleasant patients than difficult patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my team members. We developed a friendship outside of work.
Technology deprived
Telecommunications Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21201May 30, 2018
My reason for joining FPI was to establish a working environment and team that was customer focused. Due to the lack of institutional buy-in the environment has become a "keep the lights on" environment. My desire is to work with a team that wants to do more than that.
Horrible Managment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 14, 2018
Run don't walk away from this place. There is no control of the combined offices. People who have just started are trying to take authority. Management and HR are horrible and stand behind people and things being done out of the policies.
Pros
The friendships made
Cons
Managment, Hr
Typical Day
Patient Account Representative III (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 14, 2018
Daily meetings, Working rejections. input daily charges, and completing accounts recieveable follow-up. Managemnt is helpful in resolving issues and assisting with issues.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
no advancement
great
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 20, 2018
i enjoy working here the staff is friendly and all of my co workers and team members are great to work with the hours are good and the travel time is reasonable
Fantastic company to work for
Clinical Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2018
Excellent benefits and workplace environment/culture. Leadership is accessible and individuals' talents are celebrated. Opportunities for career advancement as well.
Benefits are good but the work environment is stressful
Staff Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2018
Cannot give an overall review for the entire company. Working in some departments are better than others. So it all depends on which department you work
awesome company
Medical Practice Rep III (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 5, 2018
If I was to every move back to Maryland I would go back. It was a great company to grow and advance in. I have even recommended people after i left town.
Pros
the envionment
Cons
pay could be a little better
Productive Work Environment
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 24, 2017
I have worked at FPI for 4 years and it is a great place to work as management has open door policies and want their employees to try challenging opportunities that will lead to a pathway for better career growth.
Nice and quiet environment just the pay is an issue.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2017
It’s a nice and quiet environment to work. The only issue was the pay. Management was ok and worked with the employee. Everyone get along and had a lot of events for employee to engage with each other
Nice place to work
Medical Practice Representative II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 31, 2017
This was a nice place to work and the patients were fun to encounter. Most were very sick but still had a smile. The staff were nice and pleasant. The management were cut throat.
High turn over. Terrible management.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 28, 2017
Lack of support from management. Scheduling is horrible, triple quadruple bookings. Constant call outs and no coverage. Stay late more often than you expect. Based on the department you work under.
Pros
You can transfer to other departments.
Cons
6 month probation period. And the stuff above.
Job review
Central Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 17, 2017
Overall a good place to work.
It is what you make it. Every dept and location works different and does things a little differently. I have gained alot of experience.
Management was very immature and like a high school clique
Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDAugust 7, 2017
Management was very immature and like a high school clique. Not able to effectively communicate with management because she was hardly ever at work and also very immature.
no comment
Medical Secretary III / Team Building Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 30, 2017
For the protection of my current employment, i do not wish to comment on this section. I will say, however, that my colleagues and I have great relationship, which has been a great aspect of my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Maryland Faculty Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

University of Maryland Faculty Physicians Reviews by Location