University of Maryland Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great pay, stressful draft
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21201November 9, 2018
Management put the workforce in a bad position to compensate for their mistakes. They fire too many people that they cant afford, while the employees they keep pick up the slack.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Frequent draft. Little time to do anything else except work some more.
great staff and management
CLERICAL ASSISTANT VOULENTEER (Former Employee) –  Charles County, MDNovember 2, 2018
Learned a lot working there. the staff and management was really nice and helpful. Even though I was a volunteer i learned a lot before becoming a cna.
Pros
great staff, great management, learned a lot
Cons
n/a
Dynamic environment with exciting challenges
Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDNovember 1, 2018
Everyday in the world of managing and developing physician practices brings a new set of circumstances and learning opportunities.

Being able to adapt and provide guidance and support to all levels of staff and providers has contributed to my management style as a servant leader and one that respects all persons and their individuality and what skills they can bring to the workplace each and every day.

culture is inclusive and progressive, although very political and at times more difficult to navigate the areas of advancement and progression needed to move a large organization forward into the future of healthcare delivery.

The more difficult challenges have been with the inability to make change happen on certain business initiatives that could significantly provide growth and culture change in a business model that has essentially not changed much for decades.

The enjoyment of this type of ever changing and dynamic role is the ability to work with others to facility change and improve patient outcomes and their individual experiences.
Pros
recognition for talent
Cons
top leadership not following through on mission critical initiatives
Experience working in UMMC
CARDIAC SURGERY ICU STUDENT NURSE (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 29, 2018
Great pay, good environment to learn as it is a teaching hospital. Good benefits especially health insurance. A very good hospital to learn and grow with your chosen medical career path.
Benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts
great place
Adult Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21201October 27, 2018
awesome place to work! able to move forward and grow.I would recommend other to work here. management is very nice people , the staff are great and everyone work together as a team.
Fun palce
Transcription Specialist (Current Employee) –  110 South Paca Street.October 26, 2018
I have been working for the UMMC for 21 years. It's been a good long journey working here. I have learned so much over the years from my Boss, Supervisor and Team leader/ Manager and Training Consultant. The training and skills that I have gain over the years will attribute me to being coming a great employee with hard and dedication on my part .I appreciate working with an excellent group of people. I enjoy coming to work.
Pros
Good working Enviroment.
Cons
Construction work near hospital.
independent workers
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 26, 2018
I had many opportunities to learn new skills over the years: Access, Word, Excel, group management skills and research skills. The people are the best part of the job. A typical day was flexible. I was able to set my own schedule. There were several meetings In a day, many very productive.
Pros
Enjoyed the work
Cons
long hours to complete the work
Much too political for a hospital
Assistant Food Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 25, 2018
This is a job that should and could be better.The hospital is more concerned with the competition in the area than the people that keep the hospital running on a daily basis.
University of Maryland Medical System
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 19, 2018
The University really helped to advance my career from being an administrative assistant to an executive level assistant. Training was available to help advance in your given field.
Pros
Training and tuition reimbursement.
Cons
N/a
challenging, cooperative, team-oriented, appreciative
Outpatient Coding Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 18, 2018
Working for UMMC proved to be a excellent career choice. I gained advanced coding knowledge and greatly improved accuracy and production to the extent that I educated and trained clinicians and coders.
RN Staff Nurse Medical/Telemetry (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDOctober 16, 2018
My experince at civista was. Management was understanding about the needs of employees. The hospital is mondern and comfortabel to work in. I would highly recommend.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Coordinator/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2018
UMMC is great place to work.
Work in place is safe. Staff is friendly and caring.
State of the arts equipment.
Rewarding to all employees.
Management can be hard, but patient care is a priority.
Pros
Equal
n/a
Patient Care Technician III (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21201October 11, 2018
i learned so much at this Hospital as Shock Trauma being a level one Trauma Center ans one of the top in the United States, i was able to learn so much. its a teaching hospital.
Systems Analyst
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDOctober 11, 2018
Concise training developer and presenter utilizing various workflows and procedures detailed to organizational needs. Strategic development of business processes and methodologies for system integrated products and services by defining standard operating procedures through high level vendor relationships
my Opinion
Certified Nursing Assistant on Mother Baby Unit (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2018
My typical day at work is coming to work with a positive attitude and working well as a team player. There is no harder parts of my job in taking care of moms and babies however when or if you have encountered in taking care of people that are so nice and they loose there baby during there stay you become so what emotional but also strong enough to give word of encouragement and prayer when they ask for you to do so. The most enjoyable part of my job is showing and performing a bath on a newborn baby,
Pros
gaking care of moms and babies
Cons
Moms losing there babies
Have to know people in order to grow within the hospital.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 8, 2018
Learning hospital so you will get learning hospital pay. It's kind of difficult to move within the hospital unless you know someone. Every department has a different set of rules. Parking is tough, because its downtown.
Pros
Provides tuition reimbursement
Cons
Barely get a raise no matter how well you perform upon your annual review
Work place
Health Information Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 8, 2018
I enjoy working for UMMC, C2X Commitment to Excellent is how I UMMC. Monthly town house meeting informing employee of items of important at the Medical Center.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Better health care
Fast Paced but relaxed work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 4, 2018
Housekeeping is being able to clean up as if it was your home . Keeping the place sanitized . Keeping the patients safe . Keeping the doctors and nurses safe . Keeping everything clean
Productive place to work
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2018
Nice staff, educational environment, magnet certified, continuing education eligibility, team collaboration between all levels, cutting edge medical and surgical environment
Mission
Manager, Special Investigation Unit (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 2, 2018
There is a great expectation to get the job done with providing resources. No anti-fraud detection system. No staffing in the Special Investigations Unit.
Pros
Cons
Clueless

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Maryland Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight