University of Maryland Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDSeptember 23, 2018
The work experience was great. Loved working with a lot of people and getting to meet new people everyday. Was a great environment and loved all the staff members.
Cons
Good
Charge Registered Nurse, Family Birthing Center (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MD 21061September 18, 2018
Very good place to work. The Organization has grown over many years. For me it’s close to home and the environment has a family feel. I enjoyed working my way to become a registered nurse at this hospital. I began as an aid and with their education reimbursement program I worked up to a registered nurse. They also assisted me in getting my bachelors degree at Notre Dame of Maryland University.
I am enjoying work with my Cancer patients and with my co worker we work in team and was blessings all the time
Phlebotomist patient care cancer center (Former Employee) –  Maryland City, MDSeptember 18, 2018
A typical day is a day when we get early and work like a teme and together working we learned so much plus a management focus in meating to make work place and culture great . My hardest part was to Kong with when a patient was critical and die that was sad.But most enjoyable day when Nurse and Doctors saying today we had a great day congratulation that is a great Team players.
Pros
Work over time
Cons
Get sick
Unprofessional at its best
Transplant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2018
A typical day starts by driving to work, parking, taking a shuttle that drops you off in front of the hospital building.
Parking comes out of your check bi-weekly. Some days the lot at Camden Yards is closed due to a game or some other event. You don't even get the notification until you arrive at the lot. The parking attendant redirects you to another lot 10 minutes away, and the shuttle runs every 15 minutes. Due to the heavy rush hour traffic, this makes you very late to work. Privileged people get to sit down first and put their bags in the seat so that you can't sit down.

Lets talk about the K***** Transplant Department...

The unprofessional manager had mental issues, talked about me in front of my face and behind my back. staff...ok some days, nurses are the worst you will ever find...ever, doctors take the CAKE though! The doctors treat assistants less than human, yet they can't do their job without the assistants. They don't care about the patients and judge each case poorly. God forbid your family needing ANY KIND of transplant... DO NOT LET THEM COME TO UMMS!

Lets talk about the HR department...
Professional liars, phony, play favorites. I had to go above and beyond to get help and the higher up act the exact same!

I spent many days crying due to being mistreated.

Do Not Work for the Transplant Department! EVER
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes, freebies from the main hospital events
Cons
short break, no break, dirty break room, loud people, can't break at your desk in peace.
My Work Experience
Pre-Authorize Scheduler/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2018
Overall my experience has been really great!
Everyone is kind polite, professional, family oriented. On my first day the team was very welcoming. I recommend coming to University
great place to work
CHW Co-Trainer/Community Health Worker II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2018
This is a great place to work. The environment is friendly.
There is opportunities for career advancement as long as you stay committed, dedicated and interested.
Productive workplace
Research/Outreach Clinical Laboratory Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 14, 2018
Productive workplace and continuous company growth. Management had a constant turnover, no particular job growth within the position or lab, compensation did not match up to same positions at other local hospitals.
good expoericne
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 14, 2018
I have a wonderful manager that makes it a good experience coming to work. The patient acuity is getting higher but the staff is awesome. The hardest part of the job is just dealing with the patient's social issues
Basic Review
Peri operative clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 13, 2018
A typical day can be stress free; but emergent cases can arise and then it can become hectic. The workflow and staff go hand in hand. The staff and atmosphere is very laidback, stress-free and productive at all times.

My most enjoyable part of the day is everyday that I arrive at my workplace. I would recommend my unit to anyone who is personable, respectful, and adventurous. There is never a dull moment while working in the Shock Trauma Operating Room environment.
Pros
The friendly atmoaphere
Cons
The short staffing at times.
OK place to work
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 9, 2018
Pretty much like majority of other hospitals as far as work goes. Each department is run differently, so can't apply the same experience to all places.
Very professional
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDSeptember 6, 2018
University of Maryland offers a very professional and non-hostile work environment!

U of Maryland provides the srronding commnities with quality healthcare.

The Staff is extremely knowledgeable and competent.
Wonderful place
Labratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 4, 2018
Love the people here, its a bit fast-paced, but if you want to go into medical school, starting a job here is a good start towards figuring out your path in that direction.
resources
Provider (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 4, 2018
Tough and challenging place to work. Management could use some fresh blood. Little opportunities for growth. Overall, poor resource management at upper levels.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
poor resource mangement
Very good experience in the job field helped me learn a lot
Cashier (Former Employee) –  BaltimoreSeptember 2, 2018
I only worked there as an intern for a couple weeks it was an great experience for me I learned a lot , I worked in the kitchen so some days I was working the cash register which was hard at first but you get the hang of it , I even worked in the back of the kitchen cutting tomatoes , I got a chance to work the grill and salad bar
Productive and fast paced
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 30, 2018
My experience working at University was great. I got a opportunity to work side by side with the nephrologist. I gained a lot of experience and meet alot of nice people
Pros
Experience
Umms
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 26, 2018
Full time, flexible hours, discounts, education opportunities, internships, cross training, tuition reimbursement, health care, classes offered for employees, and money for CEU's
Excellent place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandAugust 24, 2018
Excellent place to work, great management team and excellent CEO/CFO. I would refer all to apply for a job at CRMC. Encouraging place to work - and convenient
Great people
Learning and Organizational Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 22, 2018
I admire the nurses who work there! I trained many of them and found most to be open to learning effective leadership strategies. I learned a lot and felt UMMC help training and development a priority.
Great place to learn
Medical Laboratory Scientist/ Transfusion Medicine (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2018
Located in the heart of Baltimore UMMC has the one of the best trauma centers. it's a great place to practice emergency medicine and learn from daily inner city crises.
Pros
learning
Cons
saftey
na
Intensive Care Bedside Nurse (Former Employee) –  MDAugust 17, 2018
Float to all ICU in main and shock trauma hospital. Along with ED and TRU. Worked 36 to 40 hours a week. I was not called often often, and i got to pick my holidays i wanted to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Maryland Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight