University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health

University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Okay place to work
Unit Secretary, PACU (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJuly 4, 2018
This is only 1 of 2 hospitals in the area that is overcrowded. Most of the employees are overworked and understaffed. The workplace morale is sometimes not the best. Management does not treat everyone fairly.
Pros
Close proximity to home/work
Cons
Management does not treat everyone fairly
na
Senior Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMay 24, 2018
Decent job just a lot of headaches dealing with management. Most of the time its who you know to get in they tend to hire mostly children of current staff.
Great coworkers. They are family!
Tech (Current Employee) –  In the hospitalApril 10, 2018
UCMC does not care about their employees. They do not protect them from abusive managers even after multiple people report them. They let managers bully, target, and harass their employees. The employees have no one to turn too.
Pros
Great group of coworkers that become family!
Cons
Managers who don’t know what they are doing
Good place to work but poor benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDApril 7, 2018
Nice people, good teamwork. I really love working there. However, they are on the cheap side when it comes to benefits. Short term disability if you need it is poor. The max they give you after you use all PTO time and after a 30 day of unpaid time is 400.00 biweekly. That's the max. Not enough. They don't go by 60 some percent like most companies. That's the only con I have about this company. Everything else was fine.
Pros
Nice environment and great people.
Cons
Benefits, Short term disability benefits
Good environment to volunteer in
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMarch 23, 2018
I enjoy volunteering there in addition to the chance to obtain a scholarship. Volunteering at Upper Chesapeake Medical Center has allowed me to determine that i want to take a medical track . By volunteering there i am slowly but surely figuring out what career path i want to take
Overall work environment
Clinical Transporter (Current Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDMarch 21, 2018
I enjoy working for University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake and Harford Memorial. It has started to give me the experience of what I will be dealing with on a day to day basis when I graduate to be a Registered Nurse. The benefits are fantastic and they encourage and reimburse for college classes towards your degree. There is an amplitude of opportunity for advancements. The team members are always friendly and willing to help out when needed.
Pros
Benefits, tuition reimburse
Cons
like all establishments, there is always room for improvement
Great Culture
Supervisor, Communications/Switchboard (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMarch 13, 2018
Super place to work. Caring supportive management, solid benefits. Small company culture (family-like) atmosphere with the benefits of a large healthcare system backing you.
Management is terrible
Secretary/Multidisciplinary Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDFebruary 14, 2018
Management is terrible, salary is poor. You work over time but are not paid over time rate. Workplace culture is poor. Best part about working here is the patients.
Hard work
Nursing Technician (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDFebruary 5, 2018
This company was okay but, I experienced a lot of racists attitudes against a lot of nationalities from the Caucasian people in this place. The work was average, I was a nursing tech., there. The management was racist and unfair and unprofessional at times. Other than that, the place was okay.
Pros
Cons
racist attitudes
Good Entry-Level job
Transporter/ Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDJanuary 29, 2018
The environment was fast-paced and at times stressful but was overall a great work experience and overall life experience. My skills are more suited towards technology and computers rather than the medical field so there was not much room for advancement.
Exciting and fast paced
Imaging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJanuary 22, 2018
I had two different PRN positions at UCMC when I worked there. Both did not pay very much but were interesting and fast paced. If I had more permanent hours and better pay I probably would have stayed.
Pros
exciting
Cons
low pay, long days
the place isnt worth the stress
Environmental Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MD 21014January 9, 2018
terrible place. full of .terrible. people ..............who...........own.......horses and are mean divorcees and racist. bosses throw you under the bus even if you do what they told you to
Pros
some people are nice
Cons
others are racist
Don't get sick
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDDecember 13, 2017
I worked at ucmc for several years after I got laid off from construction I worked in the kitchen I had some health issues and had to take a leave of absence I went out ucmc always had an excuse why I was not brought back I just up and found another Job and my health issues where brought on by my disability
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Poor hr department and poor hospital managment
Productive, enjoyed my co-workers.
Nursing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDNovember 17, 2017
Productive, enjoyed my co-workers. CEO values employers and their well being. Excellent company to work for. I enjoyed my 4.5 years working for UCMC. Great place
Great resources for treatment for patients because affliation with University of Md.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 26, 2017
Great work atmosphere, great leadership, education specialist available for any questions of clinical nature Mon- Friday. Teamwork between tech's and Nurses provide highest quality care for patients.
Pros
Discount on various programs for non-smokers
Cons
Insurance premium cost's very high
Good training ground & opportunity
Medicare Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDOctober 23, 2017
I had the opportunity to start at a basic billing position & was given the opportunity for advancement within 3 months of start date. I was really appreciative of the experience!
Fast paced community ER enviroment
Emergency Department RN - Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 20, 2017
Worked in a fast paced setting in busy community ER. Enjoyed patient population which was across all age groups and a variety of injuries and medical conditions.
n/a
Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 17, 2017
This should not be a requirement on this site. What is the point? I am continuing to type type type so I can get the minimum amount of characters needed.
productive and fun place to work
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 13, 2017
I worked at Upper Chesapeake for a little extra money at the time. I was doing per diem work and it was very busy. Yet it compensated me well and I felt that I was apart of the radiology team.
Pros
compensation
Cons
n/a
Decent place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDOctober 1, 2017
It was a great place to work but the management was not to great. The coworkers are amazing and great people to work with and the job is relatively easy.