University Of Miami Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun work place
Supervisor of Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 3, 2018
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great benefits and great people!'

An amazing relaxing campus includes everything a student needs. A great place to study and do research. A university that embraces diversity and welcomes everyone.
great place to work, lots of change at the top though
Vice Chair of Administration (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 3, 2018
Nice place to work.

typical day at work was long but rewarding. I learned a lot about teamwork and collaborating with key stakeholders across the organization.
Answer incoming calls, respond to emails sent from co-workers and physicians. Obtain insurance verification and authorization for patients.
Senior Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLApril 27, 2018
I enjoyed working in a medical center in my last position where it allowed to assist patients who where very ill and needed treatment. This position allowed me to have human contact which I very much enjoy.
Pros
Interaction with patients
Cons
Lack of Support from Upper Management
excelente
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 18, 2018
buena compania para trabajar buenos beneficions excelenyes medicos el personal es exclente
Pros
beneficios
Cons
ninguna
fun work place
team lead (Current Employee) –  miamiMarch 16, 2018
great environment to work in, staff are very positive as well as the managers. Everyone would help each other out when it came to working with sick patients.
Pros
sky view
Cons
doctor
Director of Facilities Operations (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2018
Not managed very well, no stability and administrative level staff unable to perform their job effectively. Culture not appreciated as individuals. The front line staff suffers at the decisions of the administrations misuse.
Pros
Cons
too many
Clinical and Health Services Nutrition, (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 21, 2017
Engaging with clients and helping them achieve WIC services for their families . Continued to understand the different cultures that were being assigned daily.
good benefits but culture is unwelcoming
decline (Former Employee) –  declineNovember 15, 2017
Relationships rule over quality and they do not welcome 'outsiders'. The old timers rule the culture with an iron fist. Innovation and accountability are not valued and God help any manager that tries to bring accountability into the culture.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
culture is unwelcoming
Excellent enviroment with kind loving staff truely a wounderful place be considering the circumstances
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLOctober 24, 2017
Draw blood. Entry of patient information with lab test order, customer service, phlebotomy, and processing specimens to send out to lab for testing. Prepare paperwork for transfusions. Add test orders to system.Enjoy meeting the patients and talking with them about the basis things in life. The hard part is tiring to figure out which blood tests orders are most needed.
Pros
discount programs luncheons on occation provided by the company
Cons
n/a
Great potential with more consistent leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 3, 2017
While the health system has great potential for growth, there is too much inconsistency within senior leadership for the organization to be successful.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Leadership inconsistency
It was great.
Volunteer/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  1400 NW 12th Ave, Miami, FL 33136September 26, 2017
I was a volunteer at University of Miami Health System. So, my experience "working" at the facility was very limited. Although, my "employment" was limited it was very encouraging and the healthcare setting was outstanding.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
SENIOR MEDICAL COLLECTOR LEAD (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2017
Alright place would not consider as a long term career or retirement . Management need to get it together. Some decision does not make sense at all. It not an equal place to work for. Each department has their own policy and that why everything is very divided. We are one and everything should be same across the board.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
pay is low
A good place to work
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 15, 2017
The people work in the hospitals are very nice. The management team has a lot of pressure to provide the best clinical care to the patients. Patients services is the #1 priority at work.
non stop work
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2017
On a typical day depending on which department you work for, you are non stop working. There is not time to slack off since this would back you up with your work. This is a nice campus to work in and the people are very friendly. Every department is different, but I have been very lucky to have great managers and supervisors.
Pros
Great bebfits
Cons
you have to pay for your parking
Great company to work with.
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sylvester DeerfieldJune 10, 2017
I loved working with patients. I learned a lot about people in general as well as how to care for the sick. The hardest part about the job is just physically seeing patients sick, but it is rewarding to see a smile on their face, knowing you could make them smile (under the circumstances). Management was great, helpful and caring about their employees as well as patients.
Very fun place to work.
Pulmonary Division Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 8, 2017
I loved working for the University of Miami. It was an excellent place to work and met amazing people. The health care system at the university if by far the best in Miami, FL. I learned everything I know about medicine working with the University of Miami. My managers at UM were great and very understanding of everyday life. I only left UM so that I can attend school full time.
Pros
Great work schedule. Very flexible. Enjoyable to work at.
Cons
I don't have any complaints about the University of Miami.
Great company
Senior Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 2, 2017
This was one of the best teaching medical facilities I have every work for the doctors are nice and approachable. This is a multi cultural facility everyone there is warm 💓.
Organization going through transition
Senior Clinical Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 19, 2017
Organization is currently in transition. Anticipate it will be a minimum of 18 - 24 months before new culture, leadership, business strategy and direction is able to be assessed.
fun place to work in
team lead (Current Employee) –  coral gables FLMarch 9, 2017
great environment, positive attitude around the building i helping our patients. started as a regular patient representative and move on to Sr. patient access to move on in my career and experience with patients.
Pros
great CEO
Cons
Short lunch break, strict to demanding
medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 31, 2017
All is well with this employer. very busy but maintained well balance. Everyone fun to work with as well as a please to interact with the patients.