University of Miami Employee Reviews

I loved my Job, but the managemen/supervisors was unprofessional, many clicks and favoritism
Paged Doctor to Doctor for nurses and patients (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 21, 2018
You have to love what you do, it doesn't matter what job you are place at. Most people works for a paycheck, but when you have a heart for others beside selfness, raises and bonuses will come automatic. No matter what Job God place me on I love it, and worked with compassion and excellent. YOU MUST HAVE A HEART FOR OTHERS.
Pros
It's would be a better enviroment if changes were made for the best of it's patients
Cons
Managment and employees are fear of changes to help better the company and for the patients
Nice place to work
Sr. Medical Posting Representative (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 8, 2019
The dependability of cash balancing and settlement of bank deposits and communication between internal and external customers was mine.Provide direction and participate in the resolution of complex billing questions. To preside the payment Posting Unit, ensuring that all payment adjustments and denials are timely and accurately posted in the relevant posting journals
Pros
Mixed culture
Cons
Low salary
I will have like to know more about the job before I started to work
Supervisor of the Stem Cell Laboratory at UMHC (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2018
I was never told that there was a person leaving on maternity leave and was supposed to be substituting that person when she left on Maternity leave which meant to be working to night shift.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
I was not told about the job before starting
Interesting place to work for
Supervisor of the Stem Cell Laboratory at UMHC (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 13, 2018
Learned a lot in the Stem Cell lab department. It was very inspiring to work with the patients and the nurses. The hardest part of the job was seeing that some of the patients that got the treatment did not get better.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
I was not told about real schedule when I was interviewed.
do not exepct too much
Postdoctoral associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 29, 2018
Opinion might vary depending on PI and lab culture.
In general, University does not care about Postdoc that much.
low salary but lots of responsibility and work loads
not much appreciated,
Pros
Miami weather
Cons
managment needs to be improved
Fast. Stressfull but fun
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 16, 2018
Regular day with on and off stress factors. Management was helpful and understanding. Short lunch breaks . Great doctors. For the most part.. team work was a plus.
Pros
Excellent medical benefits
Cons
Short breaks. No mistakes allowed
A culture of support and learning
ARNP (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2018
What really shocked me after starting working at UM Sylvester was the support for learning and growth. Everyone from coworkers, managers, directors have the same values when it comes to making sure they support you into your new position. Soon enough, I learned that this culture flows all around the hospital, from lab, nurses and other people you interact with on a day to day basis. Everyone is so kind and respectful, makes me enjoy my job so much more. There is no pointing fingers as to who did what wrong. The collaborative approach is just embedded into this institution's culture and makes you feel nothing but appreciation for working with such amazing group of people and workplace. In addition to this, I have to say this is truly a diverse place to work, I have met people from all over the world. All with the same goal of helping those going through cancer treatment. I love working here and I am sure patients and families appreciate the positive energy that is shared by all team players at Sylvester UM.
Pros
Salary, education, diversity, management support
Productive chaos
Payroll Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLAugust 15, 2018
I worked within the housing department of UM and it truly did open my eyes to the corporate structure. As a student employee, I was offered the chance to take on additional responsibilities to stand out, but at the cost of essentially living for the job. I am glad to say that the program is slowly improving under new management, but there remains some questionable work practices and the communication barrier between departments is astonishing. With that said, this job offers a lot of personal and professional development and the staff is one of the most welcoming and inclusive that I have ever been a part of.
Pros
great staff, great start to leadership and coordinating projects
Cons
Bad work/life balance, must be a UM student to apply, no job security, policies change often and quickly.
Constant change of management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 24, 2018
The company and benefits its great. I loved the people and my department. I also loved my immediate boss however our department was dissolved and not due to our work. There is a lot of constant restricting and people are fired with little to no notice.
Pros
Discounts, benefits
Cons
Hr, Management
Great Place to Work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 16, 2018
Challenging. Great Place to Work. Great Benefits. Have to wait one year on 401k match but it is generous as it has a regular match plus a core match which can reach 10 percent.
Assistant Professor of Geography and International Studies
Asst Professor of Gerography/ Int. Studies (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 15, 2018
This was my first job out of college and it was an overall fun experience. I taught one large lecture hall for an introductory class,
a much smaller Latin American class to Geography majors and
smaller graduate seminar to our graduate students. It was a great area to live and work in, but the benefits, at that time, were terrible.
Pros
Sun and fun
Cons
Low pay and benefits-poor management
Poor Management Rampant at Exec Director Level
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 28, 2018
Company has tried to change their culture for several years now to no avail. Theres still too much nepotism and good employees are leaving. Executive Directors overall are not good leaders because they do not live out the company values, set goals for themselves or lead by example. Play favorites and dump all work on productive employees even though its not in their scope of work responsibilities.
Benefits
Cons
Bad Executive Directors
Great school ok hospital
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 1, 2018
UM is very prestigious. The school is fantastic and thriving. The hospital and medical side is very hard to work for. They mean well but doctors and poor money management have big impacts on employee pay.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
cut throat, poor management
Very Professional
Clinical/ Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 24, 2018
Great Company to work for when seeking excellent benefits, positive work culture. My experience allowed me to grow to the level that I am today as well as allowed me to find my long-term career interest.
Great job
PATIEN T ACCESS (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Its a good job full time nice b benefits employee friendly very diverse different cultures also its nothing hard about the job they walk you every step of the way
Good
Software Programmer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2018
Great place to work! I have worked here for more than to years. The environment is great. The salary is OK and the benefit is great, especially for people with families.
great place
Lead Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLSeptember 18, 2018
great place to work as far as the environment and people. great benefits and pleasant co-workers. people there always had a smile on there faces no matter what.
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 20, 2018
Great culture and diversity. Offers wonderful benefits. A great institution to grow and excel in your profession. The best part of my job is knowing I will be challenged daily
Very Good benefits but very stressful
Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 28, 2018
Very good benefits, but constant leadership changes, make for a very stressful work environment.Established mission and values which are communicated to the employees often.
Great environment
Teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Frost School of MusicJune 6, 2018
University of Miami is a beautiful campus located in Coral Gables, and while it does have many of the woes of a large organization, I fell like the pros far outweigh the cons. If you have a chance to work or teach here, I highly recommend it.
Pros
Nice campus, benefits, education for dependents
Cons
Volume of work, pace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Miami. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight