University of Miami Employee Reviews

Depends on location of employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2018
I worked for the Watsco center at the University of Miami. I was hired full time but there was barely any hours to work. Due to the fact that the schedule was for games and events the posting of the schedule was unreliable.
Pros
Free Lunch, Friendly Enviorment
Cons
Break is taken when shift is over, Not a dependable job
A nice on campus job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 29, 2018
I worked here for the majority of my time as an undergraduate, and it was low stress, and provided a decent income for a busy full-time student, as well as introduced me to some of the workings of the university.
Great employer
Associate Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 25, 2018
Over the last seven years I have grown a great deal in my career. The University of Miami is a great place to work and develop. The faculty and staff are friendly and a pleasure to be around. This school bleeds orange and green!
Productive and Competitive
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job was solving issues for the students and faculty. I am the kind of person that loves coming up with solutions to problems.
Pros
The beautiful campus
Um
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 20, 2018
Very busy, multi function office. Learned the specifics of the speciality services. Management was fair. Workplace culture was family like. I enjoyed see the growth of a department that was given to me for supervision.
Assistant Professor of Geography and International Studies
Asst Professor of Gerography/ Int. Studies (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 15, 2018
This was my first job out of college and it was an overall fun experience. I taught one large lecture hall for an introductory class,
a much smaller Latin American class to Geography majors and
smaller graduate seminar to our graduate students. It was a great area to live and work in, but the benefits, at that time, were terrible.
Pros
Sun and fun
Cons
Low pay and benefits-poor management
work while attending college
Postal Services - Mail Clerk Carrier (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 11, 2018
sort mail to be delivered pack my van went out on the route and personally delivered the mail to all the different departments on campus. The job was physical some time having to carry large packages up flights of stairs. I enjoy seeing all the happy faces when I delivered there mail.
Pros
working independently
Cons
none really alway pay could be better great job for a student
Fabrication Lab
Fabrication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 10, 2018
Quick and easy job for students in the Architecture School. You get to work with the laser cutter etc. which is nice to know. You have access to the room 24/7 which came in handy for personal projects. You also have the ability to learn how to use the 3D printer.
Mission and Vision is not aligned with the culture.
Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2018
Leadership needs training on the culture and diversity. All leaders should operate under the mission and vision of the organizations culture. Leadership needs to more diversified.
Great environment
Teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Frost School of MusicJune 6, 2018
University of Miami is a beautiful campus located in Coral Gables, and while it does have many of the woes of a large organization, I fell like the pros far outweigh the cons. If you have a chance to work or teach here, I highly recommend it.
Pros
Nice campus, benefits, education for dependents
Cons
Volume of work, pace
best place i ever worked !
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 4, 2018
I loved U/M if it wasn't because i was going to move out of state i would still be there. I was proud to say i work at U/M !
plus i had free education and my supervisor worked out a deal with us that we would come in at 11:00 on Wednesdays so we could take classes in the morning - who does that ! AMAZING company
Pros
fun, holidays off
Cons
had to pay for parkking
Work is interesting
Supervisor of the Stem Cell Laboratory at UMHC (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 3, 2018
I learned a lot about infusion of Stem Cells, work is very interesting. Group is very good, very conscientious of their work. Director is very knowledgeable.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Traffic to get to work is very hectic
Excellent place to work
HEALTHCARE ECONOMICS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 28, 2018
The University of Miami is an excellent place to work, full of professional people working hard, making their best. Is an organization with a social purpose where everyone shares the vision, mission and values,
Poor Management Rampant at Exec Director Level
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 28, 2018
Company has tried to change their culture for several years now to no avail. Theres still too much nepotism and good employees are leaving. Executive Directors overall are not good leaders because they do not live out the company values, set goals for themselves or lead by example. Play favorites and dump all work on productive employees even though its not in their scope of work responsibilities.
Benefits
Cons
Bad Executive Directors
Great!
MEDICAL ASSISTANT TO THE CHIEF OF PLASTIC SURGERY (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2018
Love my job! Located in the health district in miami,8hrs of stressful days but is very rewarding personally and the "brand" name gives you so much headway anywhere you go.
A culture of support and learning
ARNP (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2018
What really shocked me after starting working at UM Sylvester was the support for learning and growth. Everyone from coworkers, managers, directors have the same values when it comes to making sure they support you into your new position. Soon enough, I learned that this culture flows all around the hospital, from lab, nurses and other people you interact with on a day to day basis. Everyone is so kind and respectful, makes me enjoy my job so much more. There is no pointing fingers as to who did what wrong. The collaborative approach is just embedded into this institution's culture and makes you feel nothing but appreciation for working with such amazing group of people and workplace. In addition to this, I have to say this is truly a diverse place to work, I have met people from all over the world. All with the same goal of helping those going through cancer treatment. I love working here and I am sure patients and families appreciate the positive energy that is shared by all team players at Sylvester UM.
Pros
Salary, education, diversity, management support
Good diverse office, nice bond
Medical Collector (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FL 33146May 14, 2018
I enjoy working at the UM Health system... my coworkers are great, we have our ups and downs but over all we keep is respectful and professional. peac
Pros
family oriented
Cons
none applicable
Productive and great culture
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 13, 2018
The environment is really great, hard work but not that stressful. The culture is great, the only part that I did not like is there moving up the ladder.
Great study experience
Master Thesis (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2018
I learned a lot about SAS programming during the process of data analysis and management on the master thesis. Great people to work with and great study environment.
University is a good organization to work for.
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  miami, floridaMay 9, 2018
A typical work day for me would be coming into my cubical, logging on to my computer. first i check what section should i start with coding, billing, or edits. depending on which has the highest number of encounters i will start with that section first.
Pros
able to work sufficiently without supervision.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Miami. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.