University of Miami Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and great culture
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMay 13, 2018
The environment is really great, hard work but not that stressful. The culture is great, the only part that I did not like is there moving up the ladder.
Great study experience
Master Thesis (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2018
I learned a lot about SAS programming during the process of data analysis and management on the master thesis. Great people to work with and great study environment.
University is a good organization to work for.
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  miami, floridaMay 9, 2018
A typical work day for me would be coming into my cubical, logging on to my computer. first i check what section should i start with coding, billing, or edits. depending on which has the highest number of encounters i will start with that section first.
Pros
able to work sufficiently without supervision.
Medical Collector (Current Employee) –  coral gablesMay 7, 2018
terrible place to work management is based on favoritism. only the people who brown nose move up and are able to grow. the pay is terrrible in comparison to other medical office facilities
Pros
terrible
Cons
terrible
Prepared me for life
Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 2, 2018
I learned how to be a professional at all times day in and day out. I learned to speak up around superiors without fear and to be myself and not afraid to be great no matter what room I'm in.
Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 27, 2018
This was an interesting job, learned much about testing of products for humans. Supervisors were very receptive to changes to improve efficiency. A very collaborative environment.
Pros
On campus, near hospital.
Cons
Travel time.
workplace culture
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 24, 2018
spanish people dominate and over power and a lot of politics,
supervisor doesnt work that much
management alright ,needs improvement more diversity required.
Spanish people dont let you survive.
Pros
experience
Cons
too much work
Typical work day
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 18, 2018
Working at University of Miami is rewarding and challenging. there are days when we arrive to work and hit the floor running. Because of the nature of our area of specialty, we often times have fully packed schedules. We do not close for lunch, but instead take breaks around our patient's appointments. We care for patients during one of the most frightening times of their lives. We have been there for their triumphs and defeats. While it is rewarding, it also is emotionally draining. Our patient's care does not end when they leave the office. It is difficult to maintain a work life balance as often times, we have more work "behind the scenes" that needs to be completed for our patients to maintain their quality of life. Lack of communication amongst team members and management sometimes leads to a feeling of frustration and burn out.
Pros
helping people through this difficult and unexpected times of their lives
Cons
burn out
Love working for the u
SENIOR MEDICAL COLLECTOR (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 18, 2018
The University is an excellent place to work! The benefits here are outstanding, beyond compare. It's a very "teamwork" type of environment with proper policy and procedures to follow. The pro and con is many employees in management stay for many, many years so it's difficult to get a position in management if you're trying to promote from within.
Decent Student Job
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Math LabApril 18, 2018
Easy going work environment however it is not very competitive pay for the amount of experience required. Requires 3 years of college math approximately to work in the math Lab, however pay is only slightly better than minimum wage.
personal
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 17, 2018
I'd like to keep my opinions to myself. thank you

THIS FEELS FORCED...working with cancer patients was the most humbling, rewarding, emotional experience in my life. Unforgetable
Fast Paced Environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 16, 2018
I was responsible for scanning important documents in a time sensitive and discreet manner. I loved doing what I did and even got the opportunity to teach other new employees how to do it.
Great job
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 16, 2018
I love working for the University of Miami main campus. I have worked at the University for over eighteen years in different departments but the best area to work is the main campus.
very structured
Senior Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 12, 2018
Working in the Benefits department was very rewarding. I was able to meet the staff ranging from environmental services to professors. U of M has a very strict business environment and taught me how to maintain a professional image at all times
It's all about the U!
Oncology Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLMarch 29, 2018
The culture at UM is all about teamwork. This was hands down the best company I've ever worked for! Every supervisor and clinic director was very friendly and approachable.
Pros
Clinics closed for all holidays
Cons
n/a
good place to work
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLMarch 29, 2018
Although pay is not on level of other hospitals, it is very reliable. Management at my facility is not good. Overall management is good. Again, overall a great place to work.
I love working here at the University
Student Loan department (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 29, 2018
I have had many roles at the University. It was a joy being able to talk with the kids there about their jobs about their graduation and many other details they care to share with me
Pros
the students get to leave for lunch
Cons
they enjoyed the college
I was just an intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 29, 2018
But the lab I worked for was really cool and had a really interesting project. I would go in for a couple hours after class and do data entry or filing. Eventually they taught me how to administer psych evals which was fun.
High School Senior guides College Freshmen
High School Intern (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 28, 2018
Working as an intern was enlightening, the experience of learning the shop nomenclature and safe usage practices let me become affiliated enough to oversee the freshmen university students (though I was senior at a Technical High School) and guide them in their circuitry projects and usage of heavy machining tools.
Pros
Learned Shop Safety
Cons
Fire caused by grad students in wind lab caused internship to terminate early.
Awesome institution
University Fellow and Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 26, 2018
It was great to work at UM.
Great facilities.
World class faculty
The Music Program is huge and well funded. Lots of concerts and musical activity. Highly recommended

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Miami. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight