University of Miami
71Above average

University of Miami Employee Reviews

United States900 reviews
I enjoy working here i have some great coworkers. Theres room to grow, the pay is good. After a certain amount of years of working for UM your children can free tuition.
If you want to feel like an under appreciated underpaid robot, UM is for you. Worst mistake I have ever made was accepting that job offer. They just string you along with the promise of promotion with no promotion
Cons
This was a horrible place to work. Nothing was uniform, nobody was on the same page and employees were not treated fairly. There’s a lot of long-term employees there and that really messed everything up
Pros
I can’t think of anything positive other than the paycheck
Cons
I can’t think of anything positive other than the paycheckThe HR department was really unfair
I worked for a great team in the college of arts and sciences.
My peers were all friendly and knowledgeable.

My supervisors were amazing.

The office was very safe and comfortable to work in.

The benefits at the U are great.
I am so bless to work here in the university of Miami, i am just wanting to relocate from Miami but if not i would work there for ever. Great supervisor and great team to work with
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
parking
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This company is great in benefits that include free tuition for employees and relatives, great management and I feel happy to work here. Working remotely from home is a amazing job.
UM expects a lot more from employees in terms of professionalism, customer service and staying up to date with certifications and industry knowledge than other local companies.
Pros
Tuition Remission (free classes), discounted tickets for athletics, close proximity to doctor appointments
Cons
Lower pay than industry standard, Performance appraisals based on the budget versus performance
A warm and busy environment that actively encouraged employees to be creative and innovative. The customers acted like a family and treated the employees with respect.
University of Miami did offered me an amazing experience. Serving customers and seeing their happiness was rewarding experience for me.

Helping others as always being one of my favorite areas of work. When given a patient a good new and seeing their face is awesome.
I loved working here. Their tuition benefits are amazing so is their health insurance. The campuses are gorgeous and green. Everyone I met there turned out to be honest and caring people. Very diversified staff.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University of Miami?
I worked in the medical education department, they always put the employees and students first. I have to leave due to relocation, but if not I would've stayed until retirement.
This experience is great to me because even I am an adjunct instructor. I had received excellent treatment and I am so happy to work for this company.
It could get hectic some days with many tasks at hands but you are doing research so it is only understandable to say so. However, everyone is very welcoming and willing to help with your projects.
The Dean and majority of leadership did not understand the goals of the staff Leadership was completely removed from the most important asset, staff
Cons
Poor leadership
-Was sometimes fun,
-No clear instructions for tutoring sessions,

-Promoted independent research and encouraged us to attend events around campus

-Good way to be involved, gain experience, and make money
it was fun working with the athletes but the pay was not good at all. I would be paid minimum wage to reteach math concepts to the students. I loved helping them but if I was going to be their teacher I should've been paid like it.
I worked in the registrar's office and it was literally the best job I ever had! Work was enjoyable and had some down time so you didn't feel overwhelmed. Great flex time over the slower months and 2 weeks off for winter break! Everyone was friendly and we made a great team. I only reason I left was because I relocated to another state.
It takes a specific type of person to work here, but if that is you, then Miami will be great! The apartments are amazing, the staff is fantastic, and overall the area is great. Management is not very strong which is a struggle and you have to get used to the culture of the area and the campus, which may be hard. A lot is changing at the University for the better and I think that will continue to happen!
Training can be strengthened. Many times training comes from an established employee that may not be happy to be training you. There is a difference between shadowing and training.
It was a good place to work, people were respective. I got a lot of my experience from here as well as my other job. I was able to work thoroughly and get the job done.
If you want to work kissing up to management or leadership or want to learn to be fake! this is the place for you! do not expect to be liked everyone is two faced. no real structure. lack of communication between departments. Always in financial issues or lawsuits. lack of professionalism. Baptist is fair better. its not worth the pay to be there.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Miami. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight