University of Miami Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work for
Supervisor of the Stem Cell Laboratory at UMHC (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 13, 2018
Learned a lot in the Stem Cell lab department. It was very inspiring to work with the patients and the nurses. The hardest part of the job was seeing that some of the patients that got the treatment did not get better.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
I was not told about real schedule when I was interviewed.
I will have like to know more about the job before I started to work
Supervisor of the Stem Cell Laboratory at UMHC (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2018
I was never told that there was a person leaving on maternity leave and was supposed to be substituting that person when she left on Maternity leave which meant to be working to night shift.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
I was not told about the job before starting
Payroll Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 8, 2018
Productive busy work place with alots of room for growth.

Customer service is a valuable part of the job.

They have a diverse culture.

Working with a family oriented group of people
Pros
Tuition remission
Good place where to work
Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 4, 2018
UM is a very nice environment, that offers the possibility of growing in the career. My experience is as a graduate student covering position of research and teaching assistant.
N/a
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLOctober 23, 2018
A that I can say is that the University of Miami is a great place to work. it offers an great work environment. One gets to work with very good and very knowledgeable people.
Helped me gain job experience
Academic Athletic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 22, 2018
Work was also coming, as most needed tutoring or were required to have it. The advisors and athletes work with your schedule and theirs to make sure they are getting the help they need and you aren't overwhelmed.
Good
Software Programmer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 19, 2018
Great place to work! I have worked here for more than to years. The environment is great. The salary is OK and the benefit is great, especially for people with families.
Felxible hours
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2018
flexible hours. great staff. health providers are helpful. very busy hospital so be prepared to work. after 5 pm hospital traffic slow down. I love the 12 hr shifts. i work 3 days a week
Pros
flexible hours
Fast. Stressfull but fun
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 16, 2018
Regular day with on and off stress factors. Management was helpful and understanding. Short lunch breaks . Great doctors. For the most part.. team work was a plus.
Pros
Excellent medical benefits
Cons
Short breaks. No mistakes allowed
Poor Management
Sr. Ophthalmic Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 14, 2018
The hospital and medical side is very hard to work for. They mean well but doctors and poor money management have big impacts on employee pay
Short Breaks, Sometimes you can not have lunch because they do not guarantee another employee to cover the clinics.
Pros
Poor management
Cons
Poor management

Want to know more about University of Miami?

Ask a question
n/a
Sales Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 10, 2018
good environment. went to school while working. very easy to manage. university was more than cooperative and understanding to be successful. loved working at the u
Environment writing with opportunities to learn
Administrative, Fundraising & Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 25, 2018
My supervisors were very flexible with my situation at the time and understood my special needs. I was accommodated when it came to cubicle space. Everyone in the office and laboratories were very friendly and always remembered my name.
An alright place to work if you don't want to advance
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Not a bad place to work for. Not the type of place you could grow unless you know someone. No intensives given for a job well done in fact they much take away things so save money.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Not a place for advancement
great place
Lead Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLSeptember 18, 2018
great place to work as far as the environment and people. great benefits and pleasant co-workers. people there always had a smile on there faces no matter what.
Great job
PATIEN T ACCESS (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Its a good job full time nice b benefits employee friendly very diverse different cultures also its nothing hard about the job they walk you every step of the way
The last four years at The University of Miami have been full of knowledge, great leadership, and growth.
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  5555 Ponce De leon Blvd Coral Gables, Fl 33146September 15, 2018
In the last almost five years i have been working at The University of Miami, i have gained knowledge in such diverse areas from customer service to reading medical records, and assisting to surgical administrative assistance's. From day one at this company i was trained for numerous departments in different areas of the health system. I have been trained to complete patient clinical intake forms, send and receive all types of medical records and completing all HIPPA forms necessary for release, related medical terms, pharmaceutical terms, and handling all types of testing and imaging orders. i have spent the last year working side by side in the clinical areas with the clinical staff and administrative staff, assisting with medical records, scheduling,overbooking, and canceling VIP patients.
Pros
gained a wide range of knowledge in a clinical setting
Cons
N/a
More a name brand than anything
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Great place to work although not as organized as one would come to think. After working for them for quite some time, ive come to realize that UM is simply a name and does not live up to the hype that comes with it. It is a great place to get experience and learn about research and about the laboratory position. You will definitely get good experience that will help you grow and get better at your job and other jobs in the long run.
Pros
Flexible schedule (sometimes), some very good people
Cons
Incredibly stressful, very blameful for mistakes made, not organized, rude staff
See Below
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 9, 2018
Working at the University was a challenge but nice. I had a chance to meet and greet different cultures and learn from them as well as they learn from them. It would have been a great place career wise but I was only there on a temp basis.
Sports
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 31, 2018
I worked in the cafeteria i had the chance to see college and professional athlete, the students were very fun to work with, we have celebrities visit cafeteria
Pros
free game tickets
Cons
discounts on campus gym
very bias
Clinical Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 28, 2018
University of Miami is very prestigious. If you are not of a certain skin tone or speak Spanish their is no luck for you at the university. It is very hard to move up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Miami. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss