University of Miami Employee Review

View all University of Miami reviews

Steer clear
Staff (Former Employee) –  Coral GablesNovember 24, 2013
The School of Nursing is completely dysfunctional. Passive aggressive, nepotistic, and full of cronyism.
Pros
Beautiful campus.
Cons
Make promises they don't keep

Other University of Miami Employee Reviews

Typical work day
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 18, 2018
Working at University of Miami is rewarding and challenging. there are days when we arrive to work and hit the floor running. Because of the nature of our area of specialty, we often times have fully packed schedules. We do not close for lunch, but instead take breaks around our patient's appointments. We care for patients during one of the most frightening times of their lives. We have been there for their triumphs and defeats. While it is rewarding, it also is emotionally draining. Our patient's care does not end when they leave the office. It is difficult to maintain a work life balance as often times, we have more work "behind the scenes" that needs to be completed for our patients to maintain their quality of life. Lack of communication amongst team members and management sometimes leads to a feeling of frustration and burn out.
Pros
helping people through this difficult and unexpected times of their lives
Cons
burn out
Love working for the u
SENIOR MEDICAL COLLECTOR (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 18, 2018
The University is an excellent place to work! The benefits here are outstanding, beyond compare. It's a very "teamwork" type of environment with proper policy and procedures to follow. The pro and con is many employees in management stay for many, many years so it's difficult to get a position in management if you're trying to promote from within.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Miami. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.7Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight