University of Minnesota Physicians Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Place to Work
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJuly 25, 2018
U of M Physicians is a great company to work for. I've learned a lot while working here. The hardest part of the job is working denials. The best part is working from home 4 days per week.
Productive workplace with great environment.
Transcription Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 12, 2018
University of Minnesota Physicians is a great workplace with excellent benefits. Good management and comfortable workplace culture. Would highly recommend.
Give and take workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN outpatient surgeryMay 30, 2018
The work life balance is amazing! I don’t work weekends, holidays, or call. My compensation was matched from my last job, benefits are wide range. Management is what crashes this employment rating. My manager doesn’t enforce rules and policies well, is very lax on everything, and always says he doesn’t want to micromanage, but doesn’t manage in general. Plus a director who feels she has always one up you.
Pros
Compensation, work/life balance, benefits
Cons
Management, policies being followed only when it benefits managemebt
Worthwhile organization that is truly making a difference
ACCOUNTANT II/FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 25, 2018
I loved working for UMP. The organization was always working on very unique projects and truly making a difference in people's lives. The people who work in the accounting & finance departments are really great. Awesome place to work!
Stressful and condescending atmosphere
LDA/ Scheduling Management (Former Employee) –  UMP/ Pediatric ClinicMay 14, 2018
I interviewed for this position twice. The UMP clinic seems to have high turn over because this position has been posted twice before. During my interviewing I received rude, condescending and ridiculing behavior. I even witnessed eye rolling between two staff members during the interview process. Very belittling.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Not nice to prospective employees during the interview
Was a great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 25, 2018
I enjoyed what I did when I worked there. I was able to gain great work skills and I could bring to my next job. I built some awesome relationships and still remain close to them.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Locations
Very busy, need more staff to assist each other
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 1, 2018
Great people with great skills . Need more staff to assist daily job duties! Including scheduling of patients, clinic staff. To focus on all areas of clinic process.
Pros
Good pay, good coworkers
Cons
Too much to do with too little staff.
A good place to work.
Indexer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 29, 2018
I learned a lot about indexing in this position. My team leaders were very helpful in teaching me about this position. My supervisor did not communicate with me very much in helping me or directing me in my work. He seemed more interested in working with the full time staff, than me who was part time. He did not seem very certain about what my hours should be. I was working as a contract worker with Fairview Hospital Ridges in Burnsville. I was receiving my work through the computer from Fairview Ridges. They did not always have enough work for me, and my supervisor called me and told me that I was being laid off within a week of being employed. I thought the productivity standards were a little high which were 90 pages to be indexed an hour on the computer.
Pros
Very friendly helpful staff. An excellent learning experience
Cons
Productivity standards were too high. Staff uncertain about the amount of work to be distributed.
Volunteer
Pediatric Cardiac Unit Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 26, 2018
Volunteered with children in the pediatric-cardiac unit. One of the most rewarding and fulfilling volunteer positions around. Able to play, hold and spend quality time with young ones who await surgery, transplant or treatment.
Enjoyable place to work
Clinic Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 6, 2018
Enjoyable place to work and friendly coworkers. Very fast paced environment and it is always changing. Management needs great improvement. Job security is not stable.
Mri Tech
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MNMarch 1, 2018
I left the country that is why i left the my spot. it was a good company, benefi, patient care, services, and good place to work with the coworkers and good manager
Pros
no stress
Cons
long drive
Fun and fast pace environment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 22, 2018
It was a fun and fast pace work environment and there was something new everyday. I love working with pediatric patients. I realized how much I learned from working there. You learn something new everyday.
Supervisor of Patient Concierges (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 19, 2018
Very fast past workplace, modern technology made it fun and easy to learn. The workplace culture was inviting.

I love how easy it was to talk to my directors and how involved they were.
travel assignment
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Good team work on medical floor. Med administration, IV skills,
wound care and hardest part of job is not getting meds due at certain time- pharmacy screwed up
Pros
team work
Cons
pharmacy slow
Working for the esteemed University of MN Heart
Surgery Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 9, 2018
A very wonderful company to work for. I have been blessed to work with some of the top Cardiologists/Electrophysiologist in this region. This is a FANTASTIC job that I really do not want to leave, but I have children in their upper 20's that work in the Dallas area and I want to move back to Dallas to be closer to them.
Pros
Specialist in scheduling TAVR procedures in cardiology, for which I was specifically asked to do
Cons
Hardly any breaks/short lunch to refresh
brief interaction
QA (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2018
My day was of one; I was given a lot of information on the culture and management of the business from those who have been there a long time; it was much less than positive.
There are a lot of ideas and desires but nothing being set into motion. I think the potential is there and success is not impossible.
Flexible
Intake Coordinator Endoscopy (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 5, 2018
Hospitable, energetic and great atmosphere. I enjoy my co workers and management. Everyone is a team player and manages to help when we are short staff.
Pros
Flexible, small group
Cons
small staff hard to get time off
Stimulating work, good colleagues and patients; poor work/life balance
RN Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 28, 2017
I worked as an RN Coordinator in a hospital-based clinic on the University grounds. The work was mentally stimulating, and colleagues and patients were a positive part of the job. The work-life balance was more than I had bargained for, and I was regularly working much longer than the stated expectation just to get necessities done. I felt that we were spread much too thin regarding our team duties. Despite working with my manager about this problem, I grew to feel that things were not going to change anytime in the near or distant future, and I eventually made a decision to leave. This was disappointing because I felt that I was making a positive contribution to my patients, and I was learning much, but my family was paying too high of a price and I was increasingly exhausted. Additionally, as a new employee, I was on an extremely long wait list to get a contract parking spot (which still would have cost $75+ a month),. and my spot was years off; therefore, I walked about 3/4 of a mile from a remote parking lot into work each day which still cost just as much. The exercise was fine, but this only added to an already long work day. Even though a nice FTO package was included in my employment, it was difficult to prepare to take time off. The clinic had collaborative work spaces to promote a paperless environment so one didn't ever really know where you might sit each day or if there would even be a spot available. I often went to other areas of the building to set up my work space for a portion or all of the day.
Pros
Fun and mentally stimulating work; nice colleagues and patients
Cons
Work-life balance; parking, work-spaces
Great place fast and relaxing
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 1, 2017
I really loved working for UMP I was so sad to leave if i ever come back to Minnesota i would definitely reunite I had one of the best experiences working there.
Terrible culture
Office Coordinator/Sterilization Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 30, 2017
Do not work here, they do not value employees. Management is absent and do not care. Overall culture is very toxic and unhealthy. Stay away from this place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Minnesota Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight