University of Minnesota Physicians Employee Reviews

Management is virtually non-existant
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 5, 2018
I've been here for 3 years. 3 years too long. I have never worked for a company that works so hard to keep their employees down and as far from advancement as possible. You have no voice here and unfortunately patients don't seem to come first.
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, Ridiculous management
Productive workplace with great environment.
Transcription Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 12, 2018
University of Minnesota Physicians is a great workplace with excellent benefits. Good management and comfortable workplace culture. Would highly recommend.
Give and take workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN outpatient surgeryMay 30, 2018
The work life balance is amazing! I don’t work weekends, holidays, or call. My compensation was matched from my last job, benefits are wide range. Management is what crashes this employment rating. My manager doesn’t enforce rules and policies well, is very lax on everything, and always says he doesn’t want to micromanage, but doesn’t manage in general. Plus a director who feels she has always one up you.
Pros
Compensation, work/life balance, benefits
Cons
Management, policies being followed only when it benefits managemebt
Stressful and condescending atmosphere
LDA/ Scheduling Management (Former Employee) –  UMP/ Pediatric ClinicMay 14, 2018
I interviewed for this position twice. The UMP clinic seems to have high turn over because this position has been posted twice before. During my interviewing I received rude, condescending and ridiculing behavior. I even witnessed eye rolling between two staff members during the interview process. Very belittling.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Not nice to prospective employees during the interview
Was a great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 25, 2018
I enjoyed what I did when I worked there. I was able to gain great work skills and I could bring to my next job. I built some awesome relationships and still remain close to them.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Locations
Relaxed and calm environment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 19, 2018
My work nights was calm and quiet. I learned to work productively and alone. Management was trust worthy, because I was allowed to work alone and manage myself at night. The workplace culture was very goaled oriented and pleasant. The hardest part of the job was staying busy, because I worked the hours of 10pm-6am and it was not much work for me to do, so I created work for myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alone.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Working alone
Nice Place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 21, 2018
Can be a great place to work, patient ratio can be rough for new Nurses. But an overall great employer to work for. They do have many work related classes available to employees
Not appreciated
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 23, 2017
Very busy, not appreciated for your work. Physicians are not kind to employees. Drs are very smart and love to teach. work culture is horrible. If they would truly focus on everyone working together for the patients best interest things would be better. If they didn't allow the drs so much power things would be better. Way too many hands in the pot for any healthy changes.
Pros
pay is ok, lots to learn
Cons
people don't treat people with respect, work lots of hours, no appreciation, benefits not great
Good Place to Work
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNJuly 25, 2018
U of M Physicians is a great company to work for. I've learned a lot while working here. The hardest part of the job is working denials. The best part is working from home 4 days per week.
Enjoyable place to work
Clinic Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 6, 2018
Enjoyable place to work and friendly coworkers. Very fast paced environment and it is always changing. Management needs great improvement. Job security is not stable.
See below
Registered Nurse-Operating Room/PACU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNJuly 6, 2017
It has been many years since being employed there. I can remember getting a great learning experience there.I was fortunate to have worked with some of the most talented surgeons one good ask for.
IE Renal Transplant Team.
Pros
Great benefits
Overall good employer
Clinic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 3, 2017
Good benefits, work life balance, and management. When there are areas for improvement UMP takes this seriously. Overall a good employer - would recommend!
It's a OK job...but
Clinic Service Coordinator and AIDET Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 21, 2016
Its a OK job but there are little to no job opportunities to be promoted to. The yearly raise does not even close to the raise in the cost of living. The facilities are often understaffed and workers are stressed.
Pros
Convient Location, Stepping Stone to Working At a Better Company
Cons
Benefits, Management, Co-Workers, Felling that You Are Nobody
Worthwhile organization that is truly making a difference
ACCOUNTANT II/FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 25, 2018
I loved working for UMP. The organization was always working on very unique projects and truly making a difference in people's lives. The people who work in the accounting & finance departments are really great. Awesome place to work!
Horrible management, no room for advancement
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 11, 2016
I would absolutely never recommend working here. Getting anything accomplished by human resources is impossible and dragged out. Minimal room for advancement. In the office where I was working, the management presence was non-existent. It was nearly impossible to get anything accomplished. Disorganized!! Oh my gosh, it was a circus every time we had to hire a new person, which was ALL THE TIME because of the high rate of turn over. Yikes! I am embarrassed for UMP. The benefits are OK, but they offer pennies in education reimbursement or assistance. We were also often required to work through our breaks due to staffing issues.
Free Items
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 9, 2014
Typical work day was busy, I learned how to make the patients happy in a tough situation, Management was very helpful and always listened, my co workers always came to work, the hardest part was when we got a pay cut, the most enjoyable part was when I was able to get a raise.
Pros
Raise
Cons
Pay Cut
Not a place to get ahead
Still there (dont want to report yet) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 4, 2013
The management and the leadership are the worst I have ever worked for. The turnover rate there is unlike any other medical facility in the metro, and they simply don't care. Poor work environment. Many problems with management/HR and no room to grow. Physicians are excellent, management has the "my way or the highway" attitude. Healthcare benefits are sub-par. Policy driven, poorly led corporate culture.
Pros
most of the physicians are great to work with, you can learn many things from these brilliant minds.
Cons
micromanaged, dictorial management; managers are controlling, you have to be in a clique to be successful
Productive and fun environment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 16, 2016
This is a great place to work. Job security and good benefits. Job is very rewarding and you can make some good friends. Requires the ability to multitask.
Good job
Medicare Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 19, 2016
Good people to work for, great benefits, learned alot at this company, and the company culture is like a family environment culture.
Intake Representative (Call Center) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 16, 2015
Schedule all appointments and/or procedures I’m responsible for, and other assigned duties. I’ve learned to get management as well as other coworkers involved to kind of push the nursing staff a little to help my patient get overdue medication refills. The hardest part of my job is when patient’s need are not being meet. The best part is when everything fall into place.
Pros
benefits such as tuition reimbursement the company offers to employees
Cons
not a lot of room for growth in the current position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Minnesota Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight