University of Minnesota Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Productive workplace with good benefits.
Youth Program Leader (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 12, 2018
The University of Minnesota is a great place to work. Good benefits and excellent management. Great for students seeking part time jobs while in school.
Poor work/life appreciation
Assistant Rowing Coach (Former Employee) –  Hennepin County, MNJuly 3, 2018
There was zero work life balance. It is challenging in a coaching career but it was not appreciated at this workplace
Workplace culture
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 30, 2018
The work culture at the U was calm and inviting. It was very inclusive and inviting. Being around the students was nice because it brought liveliness to the workplace.
Pros
Being around everything, food, postoffice, bank, etc...
Cons
Paying for parking
N/a
Senior Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 26, 2018
Job descriptions will change depending on length of professional work completed, level of degree, etc.
In the admissions office, expect to travel frequently and be available on campus when not on the road.
coworkers are friendly
Housekeeping, Dietary aide, kitchen (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 25, 2018
i enjoyed working in university of minnesota and i also enjoyed with my coworker. They all are hard-working good manner people. They also work as a team , careful and well management
Pros
free lunch
Run of the mill
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 23, 2018
It's a big university and they function as such. They are mired in bureaucracy to the point that even small raises takes weeks of pestering to be achieved.
Staff nurse surgical icu
Staff Nurse Surgical Intensive Unit (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 23, 2018
As staff nurse I had the opportunity to care for heart and liver transplant patients. I had the opportunity to care for the donor and recipients. Liver transplants on surgery was experimental surgery at that time.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Rotating shifts
Nice school
Product Developer and Manager (Research Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 22, 2018
Its nice school, I am honored to be part of such a excellent school and studied under very well known professors from MIT, Harvard, UC Berkely. It was good exp.
Great place to be
Team Researcher- Surveyor & Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 21, 2018
This is a great company to grow. There are tons of opportunities to move around and you definitely could retire here. Just wished they paid more. The pay doesn't match the work unfortunately
Collaborative
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 20, 2018
Very friendly and comfortable environment. People are willing to be collaborative and helpful. Overall, it is a nice place to work with and the area around it is safe as well.

Want to know more about University of Minnesota?

Ask a question
Good Organization
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 19, 2018
I liked working at the U of M. Great for job security. The pace was steady and the work sometimes required thinking on my feet. My bosses were all fair.
Innovative
Athletic Performance Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 18, 2018
We worked with men's and women's hockey teams and NHL players. Fast-paced and learned a lot. Did tons of research that was applicable in the strength and conditioning field.
Pros
books, conferences, certifications
collaborative teams, comitted to excellent customer service
Admi Int/Office Spvsr/Sr Office Spvsr (Former Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNJune 18, 2018
Great envoronment to learn many different areas of education & clinic functions.
Dedicated staff
Personable customer service
student eager to learn business models
clinic staff coordinated well between business & education sides
Pros
learning
Productive and a fun work place
Classroom Monitor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 16, 2018
Working at the U is really good especially if you are a student attending the U, allowing for you to have a flexible schedule when working and going to school. Overall, the job itself was easy and simple but yet still hard work with a nice group of employees and good management.
Work within general guidelines
Nurse Manager Surgical ICU (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 11, 2018
Each day was unique. Learned a great deal about management and leadership. Management was supportive. Workplace culture was structured due to working in ICU. Hardest part of the job was working with clients who had no hope of recovery. Most enjoyable part of the job was the variety of clients.
Flexible work environment for students.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 11, 2018
I worked at the University of Minnesota as a student and was granted a lot of flexibility and support during my studies. I was provided a position after my graduation.
Interesting work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 11, 2018
I was working in the library on data entry. It was monotonous, but interesting work. I got my own desk in my own cubicle. My supervisor was very kind and enthusiastic about the work. He was very helpful and prompt at responding to my emails. I also got to make my own schedule, which was very helpful because I was working another full-time job that had an inconsistent schedule.
Pros
Independence, make your own schedule
Cons
Monotonous
I was a student
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 10, 2018
I don't know why you wont just let me skip all of this, quit asking me questions, you are wasting my time I could be using to apply to jobs. Now I'm just filling the
Pros
Cool School
Cons
4 years
Flexible college job
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 10, 2018
Working as a librarian was a fun and flexible job around my class schedule. You work costumer service at the front desk and deal with library maintenance such as book placement.
exciting and challenging environment
Graduate Instructor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 5, 2018
There is always important and significant research at the University, and the opportunity to meet individuals who are the best in their field. The size and bureaucracy of this institution can lead to chaos.
Pros
great academic challenges
Cons
hard to stand out in such a large institution

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Minnesota. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight