University of Minnesota

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

University of Minnesota Employee Reviews

na
Diagnostic Radiology Resident (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 14, 2018
This is not appropiate to describe this in relation to job I'm appying for. Very cutthroat culture. Left alone with serious work to do, in new departments with no instruction.
Ok work life if you are looking to slow down
Student Services Professional (Former Employee) –  Crookston, MNNovember 13, 2018
It is alright but its to cold up there. Management could be alot better. There is very minimal room for advancement in this company. Although you will gain some decent experience.
Nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 6, 2018
I have worked at the University of Minnesota for several years and have enjoyed my job for the majority of those years. Now I am typing to get to 150 characters.
Good employer
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNNovember 6, 2018
The University of Minnesota is a regional employer with a positive work environment. It is a diverse workplace with opportunities for everyone. I like it so far
Ed rn
Staff Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 5, 2018
Wonderful place to work with great culture and support from charge nurses and manager. Interesting and diverse patient population. Union does a great job for RNs. Great team work with nursing staff, ERTs, psych associates, and NAs. Professional and compassionate doctors who treat patients with great respect. Salary is very good considering cost of living in MN.
Productive and Fun
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 5, 2018
The work environment is good and people are nice and helpful. The salary is good to survive here. The place is very nice. The workload is moderate but overall very productive.
Mental Health Provider (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 4, 2018
Professional, great work environment. Supportive staff. Driven by the mission. Great workplace culture. Open to differences, diversity, and inclusion.
Diverse group of people
Executive Office and Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 31, 2018
Variety of people from all over the world and the opportunity to continue education. Faculty does not always plan in advance for semester needs. New students are usually very pleasant to work with especially international students.
Pros
Educational opportunities
Cons
Faculty delay in preparing for class needs each semester
Great time as a TA if you enjoy mentoring other students
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 31, 2018
You spend about 6 hours a week doing your tasks. You are working together with the instructor. It was a great experience with flexibility. The one-on-ones are time consuming.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table.
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 28, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table. supportive network within the community that provides positive environments for urban youth to become positive and productive adults.

Free Lunch, etc.
Short breaks, healthcare, etc.
Pros
Free Lunch, etc.
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare, etc.
Ok
Barista, (Former Employee) –  Sudexo coffee shopOctober 25, 2018
Not a good or bad job...it was better before they took away the tips. Easy to get hours and overtime. People always need someone to cover their shifts.
Pros
Tips at first
Cons
No more tips
It was fine
MnDrive Scholar (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 20, 2018
I only worked over the summer for a small project. It didn't end up going really well due to poor management, but it was a trial run so there wasn't much expectation.
Melp
Adjunct Teaching Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2018
It has been a pleasure working at the Minnesota English Language Program! I am leaving because we are relocating to another state. I am leaving my heart here. My colleagues are simply the best language teachers in the state and collaborating with them is wonderful. So much support.
Pros
Colleagues are the best!
Cons
Being an adjunct means no benefits
Productive Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 9, 2018
Great environment
Everyone works hard is very focused and driven to succeed.
Campus is a great environment to learn and socialize.
Parking is tough.
Umn
Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNOctober 8, 2018
Politics and bureaucracy aside, working for the University of Minnesota is a great opportunity. Regents scholarship for full time employees. Great benefits.
Extension Educator, County based and Manure Management
Extension Educator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 3, 2018
Visit livestock and crop farmers. Conduct on-farm research, organize farm cooperators and other helpers, compile research data. Write articles. Record radio talks. Make several presentations to farmers.
It was great
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 2, 2018
I enjoyed my experience as a teaching assistant here. We get lots of teaching experience in the music department. It is a lot of work but worth it. The professors are generally good at managing TAs.
College student job
Duluth Mn- Athletic Ticket Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 27, 2018
I worked in the athletic office for my 4 years of school. It was a great job as I was able to work around my school schedule as well as do homework during the slow times.
Academic work environment
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 26, 2018
Under paid, under-staffed, over-worked. This will be a consistent theme if you are looking for a laboratory position in an academic setting. Best of luck.
Very good place to work at.
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 24, 2018
Very good place to work at. All professionals are super respectful, I was well treated and I would recommend this place to anyone. Independent of your ethnicity, gender, nationality...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Minnesota. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight