University of Mississippi Medical Center
70Above average

University of Mississippi Medical Center Employee Reviews

United States713 reviews
Respiratory
It was a learning experience seen all sorts of respiratory conditions in scute and chronic settings all the equipment vents to bipaps , treatments medications and assessments
Good questions
Would work there again if given opportunity, however the older age person who is still qualified and capable to work aren’t given an opportunity to even get interviews
Terrible management
Corruption and favoritism run rampant in the accounting department and financial aid. Students needs are not a priority. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Loved the culture and environment. It is is where I started my nursing career. I learned a lot. Doctors are always available to you, being that it is a teaching hospital.
Wonderful job
As long as you pray before coming to work you will be fine. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏. Some employees have no compassion . Overall great work environment room to grow and move around
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Always something new to learn. Can also attend school while working fulltime.
Great benefits medical and personal time rollover. Great starting job for teenagers. Start working early you can retire early. If fulltime you are vested at 8 years.
a nice place to work
This is a very large medical center in the heart of Jackson Mississippi. It is very busy and well maintained, and the company values all of its employees
Former employee
Poor pay, and poor management. Employer does not take staff concerns seriously. There is an office of diversity located on campus, but there is such a large diversity issue. Some departments are very racists
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Pay
Staff is very cohesive
Everybody pitches in during trauma situations. It is controlled chaos during emergency situations but everybody knows their role and responsibility. Overall a great place to work as medical staff including surgeons, residents, and peers were great to work with during often difficult situations.
Interview process
It’s sad how you got a high school diploma, bachelors degree and certification in pharmacy but you still can’t get a job. They want you to have 12+ years experience to make a $13.00/hr job. Don’t waste y’all time. They will lead you on showing you around n still want get hired. MS is poor for job hiring. Retail pharmacy make way more. It’s not about your credentials or how many degrees you got it’s about if they like you and want to hire you. Plsss don’t waste tour time
Pros
I enjoy working at UMMC. The work environment is great because the job allows you to grow.
The hardest part about working at UMMC is getting attached to some patients. They become family and friends and you learn to love them! But it gives you a great feeling to know you love what you do and who you do it for.
N/a
Greetings
Customer service

Cleaning

Helping other

Learned how to clean rooms

Managers do not all follow the rules

Have good benefits

Had good hours
Great education place to work
good benefits, positive work environment, I've learned so much since I've been working here. I must say that everyone isn't meant be a supervisor, but hey I just work here
Pros
Free lunches periodically
Cons
drama
Diverse work environment.
The job was a very fast paced. Constant going. Employment diversity. Plenty opportunities to advance. Overall, not much bad to say about this business.
Happy CNA
Great company to work for with pay raises and benefits. My work schedule allows me to make appointments on days off and I receive 12 hours of personal leave and 8 hours of medical leave each month. There’s always something to learn and always someone is willing to help you learn.
Sad
Poor communication and lack of follow through on Management's part leaves Technicians constantly questioning whether to focus on productivity (#s) or quality (taking time to test the scissors)
Frequent changes in staffing and lack of standardized training leaves holes in education filled by bad examples set by leadership (no PPE in decon). HR doesn't seem to handle complaints
Safe work enviornment
Safe work environment/foster healthy working relationships and great benefits/retirement. The organization has ongoing training/modules which enhances your skills with the ability to grow professionally.
Benefits
The work environment is great and the hours worked are great. However, the opportunity for growth isn't there. People stay on this job solely because if the benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement Opportunities
The environment is very peaceful.
During a typical work day I and my employees are tasked with providing outpatient as well as inpatient EEG services. I have learned the importance of teamwork in the workplace. Our workplace culture is diverse we encourage organizational diversity. The hardest part of the job correspond with having equipment malfunctions. The most enjoyable part of the job involves building relationships with my coworkers.
Pros
I enjoy being able to bond and work as a team with my coworkers
Cons
It is frustrating when equipment occassionally acts up.
great place to work
I enjoyed working at UMMC. It is the best place to work in the state of Mississippi. The doctors and staff are dedicated. Pay is fair. Employees are treated with respect. Benefits and state retirement are excellent. Locations are accessible to all. I always felt proud to say i worked at UMMC.
Pros
benifits and PTO
Cons
managing
Productive and busy place to work.
Working for UMMC can be a little challenging, at times you may feel overworked and not paid enough. There are plenty of responsibilities and not enough pay. Most of the things you are responsible for, seems a bit overwhelming, management could be a little better and reasonable when it comes to your thoughts, and how you feel about your job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Mississippi Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at University of Mississippi Medical Center.