University of Mississippi Medical Center Employee Reviews

Physician Scheduler
Physician Scheduler I (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 17, 2019
Horrible job to work at. I began working here after getting my Bachelor's degree. During the interview they told me how much I could grow, and my supervisor has blocked every opportunity for growth.
Overworked, understaffed abuse of exempt salary status
System Administrator - Intermediate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 15, 2019
UMMC has a bad habit of not giving support staff raises to handle inflation --> but they will abuse the exempt salary status and want staff to work hours above and beyond normal hours without and compensation. not documented comp time, no overtime. the company tends to cut conners and not do things the right way the would rather just make it work, and they do not plan for technology changes they refused to plan the windows 7 to 10 upgrade untill windows 7 end of life was less than a year away they did the same thing with windows xp to 7.
Pros
n/a
Cons
long hours, free overtime work expected, work life comes before home life.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 27, 2019
It's a very learning experience and a opportunity to grow on your job to help other people, also customers to serve them. My education is a job to help my myself.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
very nice
Imaging Specialist Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 25, 2019
Nice place to work for. Very helpful and laid back. No issues with management. Not a very stressful job. Would recommend to anybody in healthcare field at least technicians.
Pros
relaxing
Cons
pay
Ummc
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MississippiMarch 18, 2019
UMMC was a great employer. I had opportunity to learn different cultures. I was able to work with family and provide patient care. Employment with UMMC was awesome.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
12 hour shifts
well organized unit
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 14, 2019
A very difficult time for time managment due to overwhelming patient load, but a well organized place, pay is not wonderful, could be better definitely.
Pros
Organization and competent management
Cons
pay
Animal Lab Tech1
Animal Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 12, 2019
a typical day at work was very stressful, poor management, workload became sometimes unbearable, but good experiences, hardest part of the job is meeting the demand of clean supplies. The most enjoyable is meeting different people and learning new things.
Pros
great co-workers, excellent benefits
Cons
poor mangemnet/supervisment
To complex
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 6, 2019
This job is very fast paced. Generally you spend more time walking for various materials/labs then providing patient care. The pay was average compared to other jobs I've had. The fast pace often puts you at risk for making errors.
Pros
Pay and new experiences
Cons
Nurse patient/ratio is overwhelming sometimes
No comments
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 4, 2019
♦Answer inbound calls and direct to the appropriate individual within the organization ♦ Check patients in/out for appointments within an epic system ♦ Requested patient medical records, reviewed and documented files with necessary data ♦ Scheduled patient appointments gather demographics and collect payments ♦ Verified and input insurance data in appropriate screens ♦ Act as a liaison between patients and doctors for prescription refills, medical notes and etc. ♦ Performed other related duties assigned
UMMC Grenada
RN (Former Employee) –  Grenada, MSFebruary 27, 2019
UMMC- Grenada is the worst hospital I have ever worked at. Nurses are treated poorly by management. There is chronic understaffing and the nurse to patient ratios are unsafe. When there aren't enough nurses, they just ignore the staffing ratios and give nurses unsafe work loads.
RN NICU (former employee)
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 18, 2019
Absolute favorite place to work. Complex patients. Competent nurses, NNP’’s, and neonatologist. Fast paced and very large/busy unit, but everyone is very helpful. I was confident in my managers. It wasn’t always easy to get time off, but I understood patient care and staffing was a priority. Increase in pay needed, but benefits were great.
Pros
Cohesive night shift crew
Cons
Low pay
Great coworkers
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Grenada, MSFebruary 17, 2019
Low pay and no opportunity for career advancement. New CEO with great ideas and plans. Great retirement plan and cheap healthcare insurance..... not many other benefits.
Nice working environment
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39216February 13, 2019
I have a laid back position. I work in the office setting with only phone contact with patients. I mainly have contact with hospital staff and work closely with them.
Pros
Paid days
Cons
very long to receive raises
The bees knees
Registered Nurse (Abdominal Transplant) (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 10, 2019
For a fast paced environment with highly motivated individuals, an applicant should look no further. From endless opportunities for growth and development to excellent leadership; UMC has it all!
Cons
Lack of autonomy
Pay and Career Advancement in this company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39216February 3, 2019
Great company to work for honestly, I love my position and the people at this company. Great start for anyone that's willing to move up the ladder in their career. Many great benefits too
Pros
Pay and Career Advancement
Cons
Micromanagement at some level
Nurse
Float Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 31, 2019
Worked as a Critical Care float nurse. It was a great job and met all my expectations. I was a travel nurse previously so I was use to moving from unit to unit. I loved this job and hated that I had to leave.
Productive and Cometitive
Physician Scheduler III (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39216January 9, 2019
Management in my department of Adult General Surgery were very competent, detailed oriented, and very reliable. Directors really took out the time to listen to employers and value their opinions.
Pay needs to be reviewed and experienced people need to be promoted
Physician Scheduler III (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 7, 2019
I came in with enough experience to be a supervisor however, I do appreciate the hire with the experience I have and the degree's that I hold I should have been promoted to supervisor or manager. UMMC looks over great people with a lot of experience that could actually supervise and manage those positions. The job itself isn't hard, the hardest part is trying to calm down an out rate patient and the joy of the job is working with people you actually care about.
The workplace
Mental Health Tech/Pediatric Psych (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 27, 2018
There is a professional environment. There is a lot teamwork.The communication is great and people are respectful. There is a family oriented environment.
Very good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 16, 2018
Very good and supportive people. Always encouraged for the work and innovations. Staffs and boss are good and caring each other. A good institution with good people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Mississippi Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at University of Mississippi Medical Center.

Powered by Comparably