University of Mississippi Medical Center Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Great Bosses and Team Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 2, 2016
I love everything about my job. I have two of the best bosses, and very nice coworkers. UMMC offers state benefits, which are top of the line. Everyone is understanding.
Pros
vacation days
Bearable
Administrative Assistant III (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 4, 2015
Large company with many good workers. Some politics and red tape with such a big business. Parking is not easy at all and very crowded. Management is tolerable in most department.
Rewarding position
Administrative assistant III (Former Employee) –  Jackson MSMay 27, 2015
Greet new and returning patients. Schedule appointments, verify insurance, payment plans, and or financial assistance. Follow all hospital policies and standards of practice. Communicate with clinical staff the patient status, including lab reports, referring physicians notes. Assist in temporary housing and transportation. Ensure the daily charges are entered and dictation is completed with in a 24 hour window. Our management team and co workers were great team players and ready to help. The hardest part of this position was keeping my emotions inside and remaining professional when at times there is sadness with the patients. But the good out weighed the sad and I found gratification from helping the patients.
Pros
Continued challenges
Cons
Adjusting my emotions to remain professional and not show any sadness
Working for UMMC has been a great experience.
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 4, 2014
The routine of my work day varies daily.
For more information, please feel free to contact me.
I would love to discuss these details in an interview.
Pros
Opportunities for growth and paid insurance are pros.
Cons
More administrative opportunities for growth are needed.
Great Job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 14, 2014
It is a great job with excellent benefits. Allows me to be around people and complete office task.
Productive and Relaxed Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Department of SurgeryAugust 6, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. Would have retired from there but I moved.
benefits
Cons
i had to move
Productive and Inspiring
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 8, 2012
A typical day at work would start off by keeping the office running smoothly, run office errands for my doctors, traditional office duties, such as typing and taking notes. Meeting minutes, memo taking and letter typing. Working with this employer, I learned different aspects of the process of transplanting kidneys and livers. The hardest part of this particular position was dealing with patients dealths. The mos enjoyable part of this position was getting to work with two great doctors.
Pros
there is endless opportunity for growth
Cons
evaluations are performed by the supervisor, not the actually doctor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Mississippi Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at University of Mississippi Medical Center.

Powered by Comparably