University of Mississippi Medical Center Employee Reviews for Medical Office Assistant

No comments
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 4, 2019
♦Answer inbound calls and direct to the appropriate individual within the organization ♦ Check patients in/out for appointments within an epic system ♦ Requested patient medical records, reviewed and documented files with necessary data ♦ Scheduled patient appointments gather demographics and collect payments ♦ Verified and input insurance data in appropriate screens ♦ Act as a liaison between patients and doctors for prescription refills, medical notes and etc. ♦ Performed other related duties assigned
Great Hospital
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39216October 18, 2018
Never intended on leaving my job at UMMC. Their Human Resource department is garbage and and so my my supervisor. They listen to the patients and does not defend the employees at all. I was threaten and attacked by a patient and was terminated because I stood up for myself. That place was a joke. They really wanted me to just let the patient attack me and threaten me while I was pregnant and only call security. WTF? I COULD'VE BEEN KILLED BEFORE SECURITY GOT THERE.
Cons
human Resources
Great Experience
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 16, 2018
Enjoyied my time working with UMMC, extremely great experience overall a lot of room for advancement. Was. A wonderful place to work for. Supervisors train their employees very well.
Quick pace fun environment
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 10, 2018
No promotional advancement for all employees only a few. Coworkers with less education and less experience can be promoted quicker than an employee with a Bachelor's and Healthcare Experience.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Unfair treatment a lot of favortism
Busy operation
Senior Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 30, 2018
A professional, busy workplace. This company is getting just as competitive as other companies regarding salaries, work duties as expected in today's society.
Pros
Discounts on medical
Cons
May only get lunch break
Productive environment
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 3, 2018
A typical day is work is sometimes busy but steady. I learn a lot working in my department that I know will help me to advance in the long run. My management is awesome, they make the department a great place to work at. I only been here a short amount of time due to transferring from a different department but I feel very welcome. The hardest part of my job is learning multi-tasking it can be stressful at times but its not too much to deal with. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new things and meeting new people.
Great workplace for advancement
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 31, 2017
I currently joined University team about 3 months ago. I really love my job, more laid back, not stressful at all. I like my co-workers and supervisor. Everyone is pretty fair.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breakes
fun place to work smoothe enviornment
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 4, 2017
Fun place to work with relaxed environment , friendly staff , perks for food discounts and badge access for convenience of purchases in advancement. Ummc takes great care of their employees and you have the advantage to further career opportunities within 90 day probation period
Pros
discounted luches and advance purchases of badge options
Cons
short breaks, immuned to infectious diseases
productive
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 3, 2017
the office I worked was very laid back and fun. Co workers were very friendly and opened. Enjoyed the experience and also changing patients lives. Great place to work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
high healthcare cost
Front desk check in was very exciting
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 20, 2017
UMMC is a great place to work. I believe the reviews are done farily and there is plenty of room for growth, There are always ways to volunteer and the employees can participate in various job events i.e . Christmas decorating.
Pros
Reduce cost at fitness clubs and new car perks with Wilson Auto Group
Cons
No union
Great place to work.
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 29, 2016
I really enjoy working for UMMC. I love my coworkers and the environment of the hospital. There is always some sort of activity going on and I've learned so much working here.
Cons
parking, pay
It is a good place to work if you want life chances for growth.
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 3, 2016
Ummc is a good place to work. The hospital gives employees more opportunity to move up in position. The employee benefits are great. Due to having to walk along way from the parking lot to the job, I love the fact that they provide shuttle buses for us.
It's okay
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  MississippiJuly 19, 2016
I have worked for this organization for 10 years. I love what I do. I work at the Jackson Medical mall. I love that I don't have to park in the big parking lot at the main hospital.
Proven record of facilitating support services and managing fast-paced office operations. Solid organization and communication skills with the abilit
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 29, 2014
A multitude of versatile skills transfer into any administrative setting to create and maintain high levels of efficiency and productivity. Advanced knowledge of customer needs with diligent attention to detail resulting in superior customer service and high levels of client satisfaction. Trusted professional, liaison and assistant.
Pros
Continuing education, Health care
Cons
Sick patients
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 1, 2014
On an average day we see 70-80 patients.
I generally sit at the check out desk, unless I am needed elsewhere. I am responsible for taking the patients payments, scheduling follow up appointments, imaging, and referrals.