University of Mississippi Medical Center Culture reviews

Ummc
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MississippiMarch 18, 2019
UMMC was a great employer. I had opportunity to learn different cultures. I was able to work with family and provide patient care. Employment with UMMC was awesome.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
12 hour shifts
The workplace
Mental Health Tech/Pediatric Psych (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 27, 2018
There is a professional environment. There is a lot teamwork.The communication is great and people are respectful. There is a family oriented environment.
Great place to learn and work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 13, 2018
UMMC is a great place to learn and grow in nursing. The staff is very supportive. You will be involved in a cutting healthcare team in a level 1 trauma center.
Great teaching environment.
RN I Orthopedics/Medical Surgical (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 11, 2018
I was employed at this facility from 1995 with breaks in employment to 2014. I was allowed to advance in my positions and encouraged to pursue further education to broaden my knowledge base.
Pros
Teaching environment
Cons
not competitive in pay
Great place to work.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working with my peers and staff. The patients are so kind and is the best place to work. There is something new everyday and you really build a sense of family.
Pros
discounts, benefits, pay
I ejoyed working at UMMC
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 22, 2018
UMMC is a great place to work. Very family oriented. During pharmacy week, the department gave rewards and meals. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable.
Focused on saving lives. Good networking opportunity.
Recruiter/Donor Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 27, 2018
My focus was on healthy commitment.
Lives are saved by physicians in more ways than skills. The most enjoyable part of my job-giving others a second chance.
The hardest part is not being able to save everyone.
Pros
Full benefits & discounts
Cons
parking
Patient Access ? Admission General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 30, 2018
I enjoy the idea of been a State employee, great Benefits and very good work/culture environment. I love the Diversity in between students and employees,
Nice place to work
Physician Scheduler II (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MS 39056July 11, 2018
At UMMC the work environment was pretty good and they were focused on helping and teaching. Management could be better but overall things were great. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the other people that ran the place that we scheduled for. The most enjoyable part was the atmosphere at work.
Biased work culture.
Field Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39216June 29, 2018
Biased work culture that breads discrimination. This would be a nice work environment if higher leadership would clean up the old discriminatory buddy system which has been in place for decades.
cleaning rooms
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 25, 2018
the typical day at work when u have to clean the rooms and go back an do the same thing,i learned that when dealing with patients you gotta have a smile and keep going.the hardest part of the job was when the people come in and leave a mess n we would have to go in and clean it up.
What I have learned
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 22, 2018
What I have learned is that I enjoy working with little supervision this helps me work better. It would also help if individual's in leadership positions listened to the ideas that others have.
It was a fun work place
Access financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 16, 2018
University medical center has excellent benefits it was a fun workplace environment I absolutely love it I love working in the hospital environment I have more than five years of customer service experience as a financial coordinator a representative I learned so much throughout the yearsAbsolutely amazing experience when I say amazing I mean amazing love the hospital I love the staff
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Not enough overtime
Productive and good work environment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 5, 2018
Good work environment with good boss staff relationship. Flexible working hours. Plenty of staff to get the work done when in a crunch. There is a great staff/friend environment that makes work enjoyable with the long days
Happy working here- coworkers are amazing
RN I (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 28, 2018
I’m happy working here mostly, rates should be more competitive. Most employees have two jobs just to make it. The environment is good- coworkers are amazing. It’s a good company, with good benefits.
Pros
Exciting and fun place to work. Tuition reimbursement, career advancement opportunities, multiple shifts in all departments, flexibility
Cons
Pay
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 24, 2018
This was a fun great place to work. Management was great. Job kept you busy and always had something to do. Only down fall was the pay, it was very low for the amount of work you had to do.
Fun and productive
ACCESS FINANCIAL COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 16, 2018
I have learned a lot while employed at University of Mississippi Medical Center. It has a great workplace culture. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in the Emergency room.
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 8, 2018
A lot of great opportunities ranging from administrative to healthcare. The staff is very diverse and they offer good dental and vision plans. Workplace culture is good and they also celebrate a lot of holidays.
Nice place to work
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 14, 2018
The department I am working in has a very well known history of excellence. The working environment and culture are collaborative and supportive. I enjoyed working here.
UMC is a nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 4, 2018
I really enjoyed working at UMC. It was a fun place to work and my surroundings were great. My job was stressful only when I couldn't help the client/patient.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Mississippi Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight