University of Mississippi Medical Center Employee Review

View all University of Mississippi Medical Center reviews

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 24, 2018
Administrative assistant , I worked with MD and nurse in assisting patients for clinic appointments and scheduling procedures and dictating. My coworkers where wonderful, this is where I learned to be a team player. I loved communicating with the parents of our patients and I enjoyed watching all of there improvements along the way. Attendance was prompt and always filled in for other clinics as needed when they were short. The most important part of this job was helping my patients and there families. I was laid off due to budget cuts and downsizing when new dictation, Epic came in but overall this was a good job and I worked in various departments.
Pros
Free lunch, hospitality
Cons

Other University of Mississippi Medical Center Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working here
Laboratory Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 13, 2019
Had the pleasure to work here during my schooling. I learned a great deal in the department of digestive diseases that has helped me in my career today.
Pros
great staff, flexible hours
Cons
UMMC - a diamond in the rough
Senior Leadership (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 3, 2019
Typical challenges of an Academic Medical Center. However, additional challenges with the medical reimbursement environment within the State of Mississippi. A single health insurance company has market share of more than 70% making for difficult negotiations for an appropriate reimbursement structure.

Overall, UMMC was a great place to work. It does need a bit more polishing to turn it into that fine diamond that it can be. The current leadership team has come a long way in igniting that polishing job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Mississippi Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight