University of Missouri-Kansas City Employee Reviews

Good place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 7, 2018
Job title: Pharmacist Intern
Duties: Receiving new prescriptions via phone and interpreting written prescriptions from prescribers; transferring prescriptions to and from other pharmacies; processing insurance claims and determining plan eligibility for patients; dispensing medications; counseling patients on proper medication use; providing retail and pharmacy customer service
Academic Culture
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 26, 2018
I feel the leadership leaves a lot to be desired. No strong advocacy for support staff wanting to grow and move up. There's also a huge lack of diversity.
Pros
Students
Cons
Low Moral for employees
Overworked & Under paid
Chief Clerk-Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 11, 2018
People are doing the work of 2, they refuse to hire more help or give us compensation for the additional work we do. My manager is excellent & I enjoy my co workers. I just need more money.
Pros
No micro management, good co workers, good benefits
Cons
Underpaid for the work I do, no overtime pay
Previous grad school
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 10, 2018
An institution that still has some growing to do as the department is rather small. The iPhD is an interesting concept and not one that I've seen since leaving.
collaborative culture
Director Alumni and Development (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 8, 2018
working with the volunteers and Deans to enhance their programs.

People were congenial and experienced and loved the university.

getting appointments to talk with people about the university and how more dollars would benefit the educational experience and how it would enhance the value of the degree.
Pros
the educational environment
Cons
the uncertainty of the budget
Lots of learning
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 5, 2018
As a Graduate Research Assistant, i got an opportunity to work with Professor in her research. Got exposed to various processes like
Data collections, Wrangling, Data analysis and Visualization
Good Starter in the Workplace
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 23, 2018
Laid down the rules immediately and what they expected out of each employee. Most enjoyable part was interacting with the students at the university and the overall college feel.
Good school
Clinical Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 21, 2018
is a good nursing school
people care
eager students
many resources
Residency Program
Chief Resident (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2018
IM program is great for those seeking sub-specialization in GI and cardiovascular disease.

Pediatric program is all-around terrific.

Both programs are well run.
Conducive to illicit behavior by supervisors, staff and students
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 4, 2018
Umkc should truly adhere to its policies and statements by addressing the work and educational environment. Audits should be done on a regular to ensure a safe environment for students and workers.
Pros
Paid Time off
Cons
Can be subjected to overwhelming amounts of work due to short staff
Very interesting work that always kept me busy
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 27, 2018
This is not a typical job. Much of the lab work revolved around my schedule, instead of the other way around, so it was virtually stress-free. I was working with different chemicals. Considering this is also relevant experience for a pre-med student, I found it very enjoyable and interesting.
Great experienced teams with great management aspects
1- Networking System Architect/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 18, 2018
The Networking department is investing the sufficient time and effort to maintain work quality and productivity.
Managers are very well experienced and fair.
Job security is relatively maintained.
Excellent place to work as an adjunct lecturer
Adjunct Accounting Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2018
Excellent. Highly recommended. Great way to keep up on advancements in your profession by teaching to graduate students. Taught at this university for 14 years. The management are progressive and they are excellent at helping adjunct instructors to do well.
Pros
Great part time job
nice environment
Catering Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City KansasJuly 16, 2018
Management and staff great to work with.. Best part of the job was being able to create new things for meals and decorations. The hours were good but during holiday season very long.
Pros
free lunch
the pay is as low as moral
Admin Support (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 11, 2018
There have been a lot of layoffs because of state budget issues but even before that, there were plenty of issues. Salaries are lower than the market rate and raises are rarely given and when they are approved, they are never more than two percent. It has been years since UMKC has given out raises. There is very little room for advancement and a 75% of employees have said they have thought about leaving the university.
Pros
decent amount of time off
Cons
salary, moral is low, difficult students
I loved working with ACED
ACED instructor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at the University of Missouri. The team was very collaborative and productive. I truly enjoyed working with everyone and felt like I was making a difference.
Great Place!
UMKC Student Success (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 3, 2018
Great place to work! Loved to work there. It was a great place with great people and a great environment. Also there was a lot of diversity in the university.
Great advocate
Youth Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas CityJune 27, 2018
UMKC Institute for Human Development lives up to their centers name...Center of Excellence as they support and advocate for youth with disabilities to become employment and self sufficient.
I appreciate our Physics Dept. Trustworthy.
Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2018
Small and growing physics department. The addition of Astronomy adds a dimension to a mostly Materials Science and Computational Physics focus. Wish they had a more areas like Radiation/Particle Physics research, General Relativity research, and Quantum Physics research. Teaching was fairly predictable, pleasant helpful staff. Research work had regular hard deadlines that weren't pleasant. Best part of job was access to nice equipment.
Good work place, Couldn't apply my skills
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time at UMKC, I was hired as a dental assistant but was working in the cash office, they were unsure when a position for an assistant would be available and it did not tie into my goals