University of Missouri Employee Reviews

Great management with an easy to learn process
Digital Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 11, 2018
I love the management and the culture at the University of Missouri. I've learned more about the digital marketing world. The most enjoyable part of the job is how much there is to learn and how the management can grow with the student employees. The position is very flexible as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule, on campus, open communication
Cons
Hours available
University of Missouri -KC
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 8, 2018
UMKC is a decent school; plenty of programs and clubs and social groups to be a part of. I worked within the 3rd floor of the administration building. I was a student work study and I do not recommend this floor for work study.
Excellent educational rewards
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 7, 2018
Office management along with multitasking for the accounting department. Fun loving close knit coworkers who make you feel like they are your family. Time management and multitasking is a must to answer the multiline PBX switchboard. The best part was getting half of my classes for the semester paid for by the school.
Pros
UMKC paid for half of my classes that were taken during working hours.
Cons
There was always lots of work and not many raises
Productive and professional workplace
Assistant teaching professor, MAE Department (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 5, 2018
It was a good place for professional development and provided me with the opportunity and a perfect environment to further my carrier in the area of my interest. It gave me the flexibility of working at my own pace and contributing to the university's academia mission at the same time. Senior faculty as well as administrators were not only encouraging but also they played an pivotal role in my professional development
Great place to learn new and bleeding edge technologies
Manager Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 4, 2018
Great place where I had many opportunities to learn and grow as a Network Engineer and a manager. The hardest part of the job was of course the office politics.
Pros
open and relaxed work environment
Cons
salary
Not Really a Great Place to Work
Maintenance & Custodial Lead (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2018
They don't value their minority employees on campus. Unless you're the chancellor or provost, they disregard everything that you have to say. The Human Resources department does not listen to your complaints. If you complain to them and try to find a job in a different department, they will blackball you. They also don't believe in hiring African American /minority professors. Good luck finding those there.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
Racist, Prejudice
Nice place to work
Director of Employment Services (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 27, 2018
Great environment, supportive team, nice work hours and employee benefits. Would not have left if grant had not ended. Loved the working from home and travel involved in my position.
little room for improvement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 25, 2018
work culture was pleasant , but little room for advancement , unless additional education was submitted.
i enjoyed my position and was certainly trained to the utmost standards. I had complete confidence in my handling daily tasks, such as dealing with insurance companies to secure prior-authorizations, and with patient communication, appointment setting, record keeping, and data entry.
Gra
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 21, 2018
Working at UMSL is very good.
since i am still a student, having a partime job on campus does give me a flexible schedule. Also, at UMSL, the employers are super nice
Typical Day
OFFICE SUPPORT STAFF III (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 19, 2018
My days are super boring. I have nothing to do most days. Last week for 40 hours I sat here with not one thing to do all week. I really need something more fast paced.

Want to know more about University of Missouri?

Ask a question
Excellent Experience Creating and Collaborating
Managing Editor of Natural Bridge (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 14, 2018
Working for Natural Bridge: A Journal of Contemporary Literature (made possible by the English Department at University of Missouri - St. Louis) was consistently engaging, varied, exciting, and community-oriented.
Great place to work and learn
Personal Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2018
Working for UMSL was great for learning, networking, and growing both personally and professionally. I would highly recommend this campus as an academic and/or professional place of work for anyone.
Umkc
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64108June 11, 2018
The university of Missouri- Kansas City was my first exposure to a diverse work environment and I learned a lot about myself personally and professionally.
I liked it a lot
Office Manager Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 11, 2018
learned new skills, learned more about our government I worked evenings and it was a very relaxed atmosphere. The supervisors were easy to get along with and made training and working in my department fun, when working for the state and federal government can be stressful and demanding.
Pros
sit down job, learned new skiils
Cons
not full time, low pay, no benefits
Productive place to work
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 3, 2018
University of Missouri is a great place to work. The campus is really pretty and co-workers are very friendly. The staff help are always available to help you.
teaching, gallery and studio practice
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 3, 2018
Those 3 years graduate life (with a assistant job) in University of Missouri- Columbia was intensive and fun! I hold the position for work at university gallery, and spent most time in my private studio and shadow of teaching.
It's been flexible and a great place to learn.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 29, 2018
It's been flexible and a great place to learn. My boss has a laid back personality and gives me room to grow as a professional while providing me the support I need to succeed.
N/a
Community Advisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2018
This is an on campus position for student who attend UMSL. It is a great position to develop new skills and to build relationships with a diverse population of students.
Temporary Jobs Offer a Variety of Experiences
MU SOS Temporary Services (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 20, 2018
The positions I filled were diverse and very challenging. I learned a variety of new skills. As with any job, there were good points and bad points. The work environments and supervisors very from department to department.
Pros
Preferential parking, bookstore discount
Cons
Length of time between assignment can be long
excellent career advancement and work moral
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 20, 2018
this employer provided and excellent system of career training as well as advancement opportunities.
Work place moral amongst coworkers is excellent.
Fast paced, demanding, but satisfying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Missouri. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight