University of Missouri
Here to help
Coronavirus update

University of Missouri Employee Reviews

United States817 reviews
Autonomy to complete tasks. hard to get everything done. Rewarding environment. Constant changes so you have to like that sort of thing. Culture of YES is great. Reminds everyone that your work and behavior are important.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement is generous
Cons
Busy
Great place to work for!! The trainer is just AMAZING, very knowledgeable, collected and selfless. Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated.
I really enjoy my immediate managers. They work hard and make sure you have what you need to succeed. Unfortunately the management above them gives very little support and doesn't understand how unpractical their expectations are.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Hectic work days
I got laid off cause of Covid-19 and I had a job before campus dining I worked for alkins they fired me cause of me missing trash cans and stuff like that
Pros
Idk
Cons
Idk
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Main issue with the UM system is the poor support for graduate students. No benefits, low stipends, and a huge ladder to climb to get anything more from the program. Other than that, the quality of education is great for the price.
I worked in Biology as staff and it was awful. Management doesn't know what they are doing and don't care about you. Salary is just based on the personal preference of the Dean.
I really love working here at University of Missouri and without the students I wouldn’t have a job. I enjoy doing my job duties here and would refer people to work here.
The best start to research and work-life one can get. A great portfolio of highly experienced professors is there to mentor you along the way. The management is also very welcoming and helpful.
I really enjoyed my experience with the University. I have worked many jobs across campus and each was its own positively unique experience. I enjoy the people I have met working here!
Once you become employed here smile and nod your head , you'll go a long way. If you have a family emergency you will be called into the office and it will be suggested you should resign. Very hostile environment.
Non-research areas focused on administration and educational advancement are very supportive and helpful for obtaining goals and developing advancement.
While working for UMSL, I believe that a majority of my growth and development as a young professional came through my work. I greatly value this experience and consider it to be an excellent start to my career. Unfortunately, my particular environment lacked fully-effective leadership, and at times fell short in motivating its people.
Deceptive, manipulative leadership. They are always very understaffed . You will do the work of 5 people by yourself. There is no guidance or planning ahead. Patients are treated like cattle, they are just numbers.
The HR department is a joke! They are all 18 years old and sound like they are reading scripts. They also to not care if you stay or leave.
Benefits
Cons
Overworked, no guidance, deception, afterthought only, too many managers
The University's mission is compelling, despite financial crises recurring and causing stress. Overall, the daily work, constructive projects, and people are great
I am not interested in leaving a review for the University of Missouri. There are many departments and opportunities, just needs to be a fit for you and your family.
Ability to access University programs and lectures. Great support from co-workers and supervisors. Flexibility and ever changing work makes this an enjoyable position.
My work is noticeable and gives a great feeling of accomplishment. My field of work is constantly evolving and advancing so each day I learn something new. I love working with many of the staff and administrators at an institution of higher learning.
I enjoy the independence that my job gives me as a student researcher. Working in my lab gives me the flexibility to be a student and a researcher without compromising any of my goals.
There is no recourse for employees who are being bullied by a supervisor. Even though there are things in place to prevent a certain type of harassment or racial discrimination there is nothing for employees who are being harassed in general (i.e. bullied). I had a supervisor who did not like older women and bullied them so much they had to retire. When I tried to tell an employment counselor about it, it was ignored.
It was a good school to go to, I enjoyed my classes and most of the people there. I think that the amount of work was alright, and I enjoyed the challenges that were presented to me.
Everyone was friendly and helpful. If you want to work in academics and development it is great to learn the ins and outs. Typical 9-5, 40 hours a week internship.