University of Missouri Employee Reviews

Undergraduate Research
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 21, 2018
You work 10-20 hours a week. It is laid back and fairly easy. The research head understands that we all have busy school schedules and is very accommodating.
Great University going through changes
Student Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 21, 2018
Overall I've had a great experience here, but right now the institution is undergoing large changes and the environment is not what it once was. I'm confident that in the months and years to come it will continue to be a great place to work, but right now it is time for me personally to move on.
Judge for National History Day
Judge, National History Day Competition (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 20, 2018
I was a judge for the National History Day competition in the state of Missouri. Students were judged in groups or individually for research-based projects.
Relaxed work environment
Peer Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 19, 2018
Was able to complete my homework while having good work hours. Management was great and I was able to talk with them about anything that needed to be conveyed.
Productive and fun workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 18, 2018
At the University of Missouri, one can balance work life and personal life quite effectively. This university has provided me a tonne of resources as compared to my home country and I have learnt a lot.
productive in terms of research
Lab technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 13, 2018
Every single day is special in research area
culture is good, people are very nice here. traffic is good, and living expenses are very low, the housing price is highly affordable, which is approximately around 200 k average, you can find a good location.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Health care
fun place to work, very relaxed
Senior Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 11, 2018
Pros
low expenses, nice people, low criminal rate
Cons
job position are too few.
Great place to work!
HVAC/R Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 30, 2018
The University of Missouri Hospital is a great place to work. There pay is competitive and benefits are as well! Morale is a bit low sometimes, but if you just stay busy the day goes by quick!
Good place to work at
Service Technician/Installer and Inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 29, 2018
It was a fast paced environment when the students left on breaks.It was the only time we could get into the classrooms for an extended period of time.
Pros
The job was always different from day to day
Cons
The office politics sometimes
Professional and Friendly Team
Student Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 27, 2018
It is a very good experience to work with the MU Ellis Library Security Team. My supervisor and other officers are very professional and friendly and are very willing to help my growth.
Very political
Maintenance supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2018
Performance does not hold much, as being in the right side of the movement.
Communication and truthfulness,
As long as you can almost do more than expected, they make you do more without help or thought.
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
Stress, lack of two-way communication
The most stimulating academic environment I"ve been a part of
Graduate Teaching Assistant/ Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 15, 2018
Although I was paid for the time I spent there. I probably would've been fine not getting paid. This was the perfect place to feed my passion for higher education and mental nurturing. I could go on and on about this special place but i'll just summarize by saying that it was the greatest place to be at that time in my life
Pros
Grant money for everything
Cons
I didn't experience any
employment was several years ago
Hospital Attendant, Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 14, 2018
During my employment it was okay. Just like any job you have your ups and downs, for the most part it was a good place to work at. You will learn a lot while working there.
A good place to study and work
Research Assistant, Dr. Caixia Wan (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 11, 2018
(1) The co-workers in University of Missouri-Columbia are very friendly and helpful.
(2) They provided life insurance for the employee.
(3) The campus is beautiful.
Please do not ask again.
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, missouriJanuary 10, 2018
I am including this text because it seems I am unable to continue without providing some information. IN the future, please do not ask me to complete this section.
Grader/Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant - Grader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 9, 2018
Lots of work on few days, position is part of contract as a graduate student. Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing students succeed, hardest part was accepting some will fail.
Pros
I worked with really great professors and learned a lot.
Cons
Sometimes tough to balance work and school.
Productive and fun workplace
Tour Team Student Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 8, 2018
My employment at the University of Missouri was part-time while I was a student. There was a great balance between work and events to bond with my fellow tour guides. Hands down, the best part about my Mizzou experience.
Work Life Balance
Senior Research Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 7, 2018
The work/life balance was great. If I needed time off they worked with me to either fit it in or make my time up. Very easy going work place. The people were great to work with and made the work environment very fun.
Collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment
Graduate Research Assistant; Advisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 4, 2018
A typical day in lab include animal care, running experiments, data analysis, literature review, writing, and preparing for presentations.I learned a lot about science, time-management, and analytical thinking. Collaborative environment in the department served as a nurturing environment for education.
Pros
Collaborative, friendly environment
Cons
Smaller city setting
Political environment that takes advantage of graduate student labor
Teaching Assistantship (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 2, 2018
The environment at Mizzou has become increasingly toxic. The management of the campus has gone to executives instead of educators leading to the elimination of tenured positions in favor of ill-paid adjuncts who don't receive any benefits or a decent compensation. This not only is a disservice to their employees but to their students as well as it eliminates experienced, knowledgeable professors in favor of green graduate students and overworked and underpaid adjuncts. Sadly, this is not exclusive to Mizzou and seems to be the state of affairs at most universities.
Pros
The professors and mentors are great
Cons
The campus leadership cares more about politics and profits than education

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Missouri. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.