University of Montana Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work lots of great people
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJuly 31, 2018
I loved working here great place and good people. The hours were easy to deal with and I really enjoyed teaching and engaging with the students and staff
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Long drive for me
Previous Employee
School of Business Enrollment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MontanaJuly 19, 2018
I loved working for the University of Montana and the University of Montana Technical Institute. The people are amazing ! Everyone is very much like a family at the University of Montana. The work is extremely rewarding as well as the experience . I would highly recommend this School to anyone interested in a great staff environment, great pay and benefits and a great community to be a part of .
Pros
Community, Pay, Benefits, Work Environment
Cons
Well equipped shop space that allowed for a productive job experience while attending school
Scene Shop Staff (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJuly 8, 2018
Extremely knowledgeable and passionate staff of theatrical technicians and educators that work diligently to create transformative and unique learning and working opportunities for their students.
Administrative Associate II (Current Employee) –  Butte, MTJuly 6, 2018
Everything I do relates to my work experience and builds my knowledge. The hours and benefits are wonderful. Coworkers are always willing to help when there is a need.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
non
Current fiscal problems
Admin associate 3 (Former Employee) –  Academic deptJune 4, 2018
Despite all those (including me) taking the VSO to help UM get financially sound, they get deeper in the red. Clearly, the bleeding is deeply internal and an audit needs to be done from the Regents level down. Academics will suffer due to the overspending by non-academic functions and Office of Higher Education.
Pros
Coworkers dedicated to the students
Cons
Higher management has no idea where the money is going. Clearly for 7 years not going to academicd
Haven't worked there in 10 years so it's hard to say something relevant
Senior Director of Development (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 3, 2018
It's changed a lot since I worked there, so I don't feel much of what I would say here is relevant. That being said, it's a beautiful campus in a special town, close to nature and somewhat slow paced but with good basic infrastructure.
Great place to work due to flexibility and opportunities
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 21, 2018
I was responsible for full-service operation of small report on an island; we only reserved it for one group / organization at a time; I was also Executive Chef as we provided all meals/refreshments; also included were all recreation opportunities on the lake.
Pros
Opportunity to provide first-class service for guests
Cons
Maintenance due to the island
Horrible management, always criticized without lending a complement ever
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 15, 2018
Worked as an assistant teacher here, dreaded coming to work and if you talk to any of the students who work they’ll tell you how fast the job turn over is cause everyone left after a year of working there.
Pros
Free food
Cons
The food sucks
Good college job
Event Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 14, 2018
-Easy College job if you live on campus
-Mgmt was nice
-flexible with finals
-pay was poor but Montana minimum wage is low
- hours were either early am or late night
Great student job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 14, 2018
Part-time during fall and spring semester, full-time during summer session. Very relaxed, you have great coworkers and very kind managers. They have a very relaxed culture but that does not mean slacking off. I learned a lot about receptionist duties: directing calls to appropriate technicians or other departments, checking in/out equipment, filing techniques, and other tasks assigned by management. Phenomenal place to work!
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Part-time, very few benefits
Great environment.
Database Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 17, 2018
The office was so great! Everyone was so welcoming and the vibe was so relaxed. The break was great because there was always new types of coffee or tea that was available to try. I got such great experience working here.
It's a great environment.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 17, 2018
The people there are great, my co workers are wonderful. I have such a good time whenever I go to work and everyone is always so understanding when you need to take off time or request more hours.
good place to work
CLINICAL MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 15, 2018
The workplace culture is good. Management is friendly and caring. The job advancement is non-existent. There are a lot of things that are within the scope of practice that MA's are not allowed to perform.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Not paid for time off
Internship at University of Montana gained me entrance to data entry
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 15, 2018
In my last semester of college, I had an opportunity to work with a professor in entering data for communication studies department to present to the faculty at the end of the semester. This was mainly an independent position for me to learn how to input data into excel and learn how to use statistics for this kind of work. While this was a refresher course for me, I had some challenges in gathering as much data as I can, and some of the data were difficult in knowing what the person wrote and what grade level they were in. Regardless, it was a great experience knowing how to data entry for a department.
Pros
Work with professor, independency
Cons
Temporary job
internship
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  IdahoMarch 23, 2018
Atlas was a great school to do my student teaching internship at. They helped me get the most out of my student teaching experience. I really learned from the staff there. They are friendly, open, and kind.
Great place to volenteer
Criminology Club (Former Employee) –  Missoula MTMarch 19, 2018
Great place to volunteer and get experience. I love being to be able represent the student athletes and giving my opinion on athletes decisions. Loved volunteering here.
Part - Time Summer job
Help Desk Technician/Moodle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 14, 2018
Part time position at the helpdesk. Nothing very special, good relationships made, and connections made. No regrets, ignore the politics and bureaucratic environment of a public institution and you will have a good supplemental income.
relaxed and relatively laid back
Archaeologist (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 7, 2018
Work in the field and office were both enjoyable. I found the most enjoyable part of work being in the field and the adventures that included. I learned many things about overseeing federal projects and leading civilian crews in a variety of regions in the United States.
Pros
Great benefits and relaxed work environment
Cons
No further advancement
Graduate Student Job Review
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTJanuary 26, 2018
This position paid more than other positions offered during the application process. The program requirements enabled interdisciplinary collaboration. In general, the environment fostered interdisciplinary collaboration.
Exciting place for students to work and gain knowledge.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJanuary 22, 2018
It was a work study job It worked great around my school schedule. My boss was a fun person to be around and he always had something for me to do there.
Pros
Works great for student workers
Cons
Pay is small