University of Montana Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

It's graduate school
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 14, 2017
You work a lot and don't get paid. That's just graduate school. The campus is really nice and if you life snow then you will enjoy the winter. But most likely you will be too busy grading papers to do much fun stuff.
Great experience
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 25, 2017
Staff and professors are great to work with. The bureaucracy of the University System can be difficult to manage. A lot of pros for an overall experience.
A very nice place to study and work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Butte, MTAugust 13, 2015
Montana Tech of The University of Montana is a very good place to study and work. The city is very nice and people are so friendly.
Welcoming and warm working environment
Instructor, Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 1, 2013
This is a great place to work. Although some facilities might look a little outdated but you are provided with everything you need. The University has access to all types of outdoor activities. It also encourages environment-friendly attitudes by providing free rides for all students and employees on city buses and low-emission university shuttles. Biking and walking is also wide spread. The Political Science Department is relatively small. The working environment is very productive. The co-workers are supportive and friendly. Organizing your time wisely allows you to avoid time-related difficulties which were the only hardest part of my job. I liked working with students at the University of Montana many of whom demonstrated genuine interest and appreciation to their studies.
Pros
great outdoors, free bus rides.
Cons
no significant cons
Great opportunity to get into a lecture hall and see what goes into teaching a college class.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 6, 2012
A typical day involved either planning or conducting class sessions, or grading and administering tests to students independently.I learn what it would be like to be a lecturer or instructor to such a diverse group of students with a broad range of needs. I mainly worked with the professor to plan lectures and class activites and what was challenging for us was to select what course content we could best cover in what seemed like a very short semester. I'm glad I was able to be a teaching assistant at the University of Montana. The Anthropology department was wonderful to be a part of.
Pros
working with students.
Cons
make-up tests and assignments with students.