University of Montana Employee Reviews

Very worth it
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Toole VillagesJanuary 23, 2019
Working on the summer custodial crew was awesome. You are payed fairly for your work, hours are wonderful. all the people who work there are amazing and although it offers no benefits unless you are full time, its still a great company to work. Care more about you as a person then as anything else.
Pros
everything
Cons
no air conditioning
engaging environment
Full-time Student (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MT 59802January 6, 2019
As a new nontraditional freshman at the University of Montana, the experience has been optimal. Registration is quick and easy. The staff is very helpful and the instructors are talented educators.
Productive and fun
Banner Security & Approval Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 28, 2018
I enjoyed my position at the U of M. Lots of opportunities to volunteer, I was on the homecoming committee and I also helped move the students in a few times. Fun place. GO GRIZ!!
Pros
Lots to do on campus
Cons
Pay was not great
no comment
Audit, Risk Compliance, Consultant (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 26, 2018
No comment, I am not comfortable providing information about an employer with Indeed. there are no guarantee that you will not miss used the information provided to you.
Small close community
TRIO Student Support Services (Current Employee) –  Dillon, MTDecember 18, 2018
Working as a team is valued at the University of Montana Western in Dillon, MT. This campus is affiliated with the University of Montana in Missoula.
University of Montana
Defensive Analyst (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTNovember 28, 2018
*Great place to work
*Great people to work with
*Overall great experience
*The most enjoyable job
*Great environment
*Management is great
*Learned a lot about myself
Intellectually stimulating place to work
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTNovember 10, 2018
I learned how to challenge my ways of thinking in new scientific ways and the PI's were always willing to help explain any questions I had. They were extremely invested in the overall learning atmosphere.
Loved being a Teaching Assistant
Graduate Instructor (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTNovember 8, 2018
Working at the University was a once in a life time opportunity. I really enjoyed teaching and it was a great way to help pay for my education. The University was an awesome place!
Nice school
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silver Bow County, MTOctober 29, 2018
Most teachers here are responsible and helpful, the equipment for teaching are good
I really enjoyed this job
FITNESS TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Dillon, MTOctober 16, 2018
If you go to Western and are in the HHP department, you should definitely do an internship. It looks great on a resume and you get a few credits for it.
Pros
Fun and flexible
Cons
No money
Stable, union job
Office of the Registrar | Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 10, 2018
Due to budget restrictions, I was only able to find temporary work at the University of Montana, but for those who find permanent positions have excellent benefits and job security.

My time in the registrar's office was primarily student-focused, and my responsibilities were varied but largely administrative. My colleagues were great and fun to work with, and the overall environment was pleasant (if not a bit dull at times).

The most difficult part of the job was the rigidity of the bureaucratic structure, but helping students learn to navigate that bureaucracy and succeed was very rewarding.
Wonderful contract position
Lecturer - Historic Preservation (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 5, 2018
Great contract position with UM, provided balance of work and benefits. Position would have been desired beyond contract term. Opportunity to collaborate in applied scholarship and fieldwork with like-minded professionals.
You Stay Productive
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Dillon, MTJuly 31, 2018
Working on different buildings, finding new ways to have fun while working a long day, and each summer you're always finding things to do. My bosses were fantastic and very understanding when it came to classes and my other job.
Pros
Get to goof off sometimes
Cons
There wasn't any
Fun place to work lots of great people
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJuly 31, 2018
I loved working here great place and good people. The hours were easy to deal with and I really enjoyed teaching and engaging with the students and staff
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Long drive for me
Previous Employee
School of Business Enrollment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MontanaJuly 19, 2018
I loved working for the University of Montana and the University of Montana Technical Institute. The people are amazing ! Everyone is very much like a family at the University of Montana. The work is extremely rewarding as well as the experience . I would highly recommend this School to anyone interested in a great staff environment, great pay and benefits and a great community to be a part of .
Pros
Community, Pay, Benefits, Work Environment
Cons
Well equipped shop space that allowed for a productive job experience while attending school
Scene Shop Staff (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJuly 8, 2018
Extremely knowledgeable and passionate staff of theatrical technicians and educators that work diligently to create transformative and unique learning and working opportunities for their students.
Administrative Associate II (Current Employee) –  Butte, MTJuly 6, 2018
Everything I do relates to my work experience and builds my knowledge. The hours and benefits are wonderful. Coworkers are always willing to help when there is a need.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
non
Current fiscal problems
Admin associate 3 (Former Employee) –  Academic deptJune 4, 2018
Despite all those (including me) taking the VSO to help UM get financially sound, they get deeper in the red. Clearly, the bleeding is deeply internal and an audit needs to be done from the Regents level down. Academics will suffer due to the overspending by non-academic functions and Office of Higher Education.
Pros
Coworkers dedicated to the students
Cons
Higher management has no idea where the money is going. Clearly for 7 years not going to academicd
Haven't worked there in 10 years so it's hard to say something relevant
Senior Director of Development (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 3, 2018
It's changed a lot since I worked there, so I don't feel much of what I would say here is relevant. That being said, it's a beautiful campus in a special town, close to nature and somewhat slow paced but with good basic infrastructure.
Great place to work due to flexibility and opportunities
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 21, 2018
I was responsible for full-service operation of small report on an island; we only reserved it for one group / organization at a time; I was also Executive Chef as we provided all meals/refreshments; also included were all recreation opportunities on the lake.
Pros
Opportunity to provide first-class service for guests
Cons
Maintenance due to the island