University of Mount Olive Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Excellent!
Support Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 3, 2018
Have loved my interactions w/helping students, staff and faculty! There is never a "typical" day - every day brings something different! Hardest part of the job is the long workday.
Productive and fun staff in the admissions office
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCNovember 2, 2018
Working as a work study student I enjoyed working with the admissions staff and completing administrative tasks to help the office stay on track during the busy seasons.
Pros
Great energy from the staff all around
Cons
Small office space
productive
Assistant Sports Director (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCSeptember 6, 2018
I enjoyed the school and it was a laid back and nice to enteract and get to know the teachers. I played sports with really helped to get to know the other students.
University of Mount Olive
Play-by-Play commentator, Camera operator (Former Employee) –  Wayne County, NCJuly 29, 2018
The university offers great opportunities for students, but I wish they gave better schedules and salaries.
I love my college
Intern, Public Relations, University (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJuly 4, 2018
The University of Mount Olive helped me grow as an individual. UMO's staff are caring folks who want you to have a successful college experience as well as a beneficial life.
great place
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCApril 16, 2018
University of Mount Olive has been a wonderful academic and professional environment. I am a psychology student and worked in the library in the Historical Collection. The environment was laid back and comfortable, and my co-workers were so helpful and sweet.
Extremely knowledgeable and supportive staff
Professor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 11, 2018
I have worked for the University for over ten years and I am extremely satisfied with the support provided by the administration. The university has continued to expand its programs and is continuously looking for innovative ways to attract and retain students.
Great school
Visitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCMarch 24, 2018
There are so many jobs for students to have on campus! There are times where you can get your homework done while you are at work and that makes life easier!
Umo
Worker (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCMarch 7, 2018
My day consists of e-mails, phone calls, questions from students, co-workers, and other co-workers at various locations. I do a little bit of anything and everything that is handed to me. I am good with time management; I know what is due when and how to get it done in a timely matter. If two things are done at once; I figure out a way to get it done and turned in on time. I'm constantly multi-tasking; there is not one day that is the same. The workplace culture is awesome; laid back. If you need time off you are able to ask without feeling guilty.
Great Place to Work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJanuary 25, 2018
Friendly work area, great place to work at, filled with friendly people and a kind and caring environment. I have found coworkers and a family at this institution.
Find better pay
Financial Aid Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCNovember 16, 2017
I work on student's accounts daily. I have learned a lot dealing with student and parents. I like the environment at UMO. I just wish they paid better.
Great Higher Education Atmosphere for Working Adults
Science Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 8, 2017
As an Adjunct Science Instructor, I recommend UMO for both prospective faculty as well as students. Appropriate balance of course structure and freedom to design instruction to best fit the class.
Excellent Univerity to work for
Director, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJune 19, 2017
Quick paced and sometimes stressful but overall, an excellent company to work for. Professors and staff employees were great to work for and with. The goals and objectives were easy to follow and obtainable.
Pros
Promoted a friendly work enviornment
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJune 13, 2017
I enjoy working here but currently there is no room to progress in the company. I would recommend this job to any college student attending the University of Mount Olive.
Micro-managed
Assistant Softball Coach (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCMay 24, 2017
Could be a fantastic place to work if the school put more funding into athletics so it can compete nationally in all sports instead of a select few. A new president and new AD who fight for athletics and the staff would be a great start.
A productive work place
Game Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJanuary 10, 2017
The University of Mount Olive is a place that allows those to build on certain skills that may even prepare one for future opportunities. All staff seem to be on the same page and operate as necessary.
Fun and productive work environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCOctober 12, 2016
17 resident assistants had to work together to make sure all of the residents were well taken care of. We had to report any violations of the university policies. I learned how to confront people in stressful situations.
Pros
Free room and board at the university
Cons
Had to be on call
Productive No Pressure
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCAugust 16, 2016
Great atmosphere and friendly culture. Everyone is friendly and the staff get along great. You aren't just another person here. You're part of a family. A true community.
College
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJune 12, 2016
I was just a student assistant that basically aided other students as much as I could. This was a job while I was going to school.
Laid back environment
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJanuary 20, 2016
Enjoyed working with a diverse student body. Maintained a consistent flow of students through office to ensure minimal downtime.