University of Mount Olive Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
University of Mount Olive
Play-by-Play commentator, Camera operator (Former Employee) –  Wayne County, NCJuly 29, 2018
The university offers great opportunities for students, but I wish they gave better schedules and salaries.
great place
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCApril 16, 2018
University of Mount Olive has been a wonderful academic and professional environment. I am a psychology student and worked in the library in the Historical Collection. The environment was laid back and comfortable, and my co-workers were so helpful and sweet.
Extremely knowledgeable and supportive staff
Professor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 11, 2018
I have worked for the University for over ten years and I am extremely satisfied with the support provided by the administration. The university has continued to expand its programs and is continuously looking for innovative ways to attract and retain students.
Great school
Visitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCMarch 24, 2018
There are so many jobs for students to have on campus! There are times where you can get your homework done while you are at work and that makes life easier!
Umo
Worker (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCMarch 7, 2018
My day consists of e-mails, phone calls, questions from students, co-workers, and other co-workers at various locations. I do a little bit of anything and everything that is handed to me. I am good with time management; I know what is due when and how to get it done in a timely matter. If two things are done at once; I figure out a way to get it done and turned in on time. I'm constantly multi-tasking; there is not one day that is the same. The workplace culture is awesome; laid back. If you need time off you are able to ask without feeling guilty.
Great Place to Work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJanuary 25, 2018
Friendly work area, great place to work at, filled with friendly people and a kind and caring environment. I have found coworkers and a family at this institution.
Find better pay
Financial Aid Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCNovember 16, 2017
I work on student's accounts daily. I have learned a lot dealing with student and parents. I like the environment at UMO. I just wish they paid better.
Great Higher Education Atmosphere for Working Adults
Science Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 8, 2017
As an Adjunct Science Instructor, I recommend UMO for both prospective faculty as well as students. Appropriate balance of course structure and freedom to design instruction to best fit the class.
Excellent Univerity to work for
Director, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJune 19, 2017
Quick paced and sometimes stressful but overall, an excellent company to work for. Professors and staff employees were great to work for and with. The goals and objectives were easy to follow and obtainable.
Pros
Promoted a friendly work enviornment
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJune 13, 2017
I enjoy working here but currently there is no room to progress in the company. I would recommend this job to any college student attending the University of Mount Olive.

Want to know more about University of Mount Olive?

Ask a question
Micro-managed
Assistant Softball Coach (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCMay 24, 2017
Could be a fantastic place to work if the school put more funding into athletics so it can compete nationally in all sports instead of a select few. A new president and new AD who fight for athletics and the staff would be a great start.
A productive work place
Game Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJanuary 10, 2017
The University of Mount Olive is a place that allows those to build on certain skills that may even prepare one for future opportunities. All staff seem to be on the same page and operate as necessary.
Fun and productive work environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCOctober 12, 2016
17 resident assistants had to work together to make sure all of the residents were well taken care of. We had to report any violations of the university policies. I learned how to confront people in stressful situations.
Pros
Free room and board at the university
Cons
Had to be on call
Productive No Pressure
Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCAugust 16, 2016
Great atmosphere and friendly culture. Everyone is friendly and the staff get along great. You aren't just another person here. You're part of a family. A true community.
College
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJune 12, 2016
I was just a student assistant that basically aided other students as much as I could. This was a job while I was going to school.
Laid back environment
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJanuary 20, 2016
Enjoyed working with a diverse student body. Maintained a consistent flow of students through office to ensure minimal downtime.
fun environment
Receptionist in Pope Wellness Center (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCOctober 15, 2015
A typical day at work for me was doing laundry and answering the phone, along with housekeeping duties. It kept me busy and helped me manage time well.
Pros
relaxing job
Cons
sitting inside all day
Great place while in school
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, North CarolinaOctober 10, 2015
It is a good part-time job to have. Friendly staff. Friendly environment. They assist with any questions you may have. They work with class schedule.
Good place to work. Beautiful campus in small town.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJune 30, 2015
Campus small but very nice. Students are courteous and faculty great to work with.
No day is ever alike. Co-workers are very friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
free parking on campus
Cons
small town, limited choices to eat out
Work Environment
Research Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCMay 15, 2015
Very professional! Manager very nice and set clear goals and directions. Enjoyed my four years working at the University. Learned a lot of life skills that will follow me forever.