University of Nebraska at Omaha Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 18, 2018
Worked in the College Education Advising Office

Scheduled appointments for students with their advisors.

Helped management scholarship applications.

It was a good workplace.
Pros
Access to classes at the University
Cons
No cons
The job is flexible with school. Very supportive of education.
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 28, 2018
The job is flexible and allows to for adjustments with school schedule. Your holidays are similar to the academic holidays, but you can work ahead to build hours if needed.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Ambiguous work
Easy going for climbing
Climbing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 18, 2018
Teaching people how to climb was a blast. Challenging but rewarding. We would open the gym, assist anyone who needed help and taught those there how to belay and top rope.
Great place to work as an adjunct professor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 24, 2018
A great deal of academic freedom, and a rewarding example. Great people to work with. Very collaborative environment. Love working with students to help them learn and satisfy their curiosity
Pros
Academic Freedom
Cons
Limited advancement opportunity
Great place to have on resume
Intern (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 23, 2018
I wanted to like the job but the change of management really disappointed me. There was no room for advancement, unless you were one of the favorites.
Unproductive, not enough hours
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 17, 2018
Little room for flexibility, not a very motivated work environment. Management is mainly student-led, so inefficient. The director does his job, but I think the director before him cut a lot of corners, so things don't get done properly.
Intellectually stimulating workplace facing serious management issues
Evaluator (Current Employee) –  UNODecember 20, 2017
At first I was very excited to work at UNO. But this quickly faded after a few months as I realized the incredibly poor management and leadership of my department. Condescending communication and micromanagement are daily experiences. The university preaches about being community engaged but can't prove that with figures and data points. Leadership was often bias and disrespectful toward Christianity while overly sensitive to other religions and beliefs. If leadership saw you had strengths in a specific area, you were pigeon holed to that and not considered for promotion or transfer to other areas. Turnover is crazy high--in six months 50% of the full time staff in my office quit. Hiring decisions were questionable as new hires joined with little experience. They seemed to be hired based on who they knew. Overall, other than the awesome free tuition, it's been a disappointing experience.
Pros
Reduced tuition for employees, many intellectuals as coworkers, interactions with adult students
Cons
Poor poor management within my dept, micromanagers, high employee turnover, disrespectful communication style of manager, bias against Christians, pigeon holed into a positionif management sees you have strengths in something specific
Over all pretty worth it
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 7, 2017
As a graduate researcher it was really easy to work here. With benefits like Tuition reimbursement, and a monthly stipend, It was quite nice. Overall there was a relaxed atmosphere.
Boring if you don't like research
Industrial-Organizational Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 6, 2017
It was a tremendous experience to be a part of the research department. I got to work with many talents graduate students and helped them work on their dissertations. I would highly recommend.
Average place to work.
Facilities Management and Planning (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 16, 2017
Average place to work. Low pay, No recognition for going the extra mile. Yes, there is employee of the month, but they only consider line staff and nothing higher. So if you com in on weekend of overnight for an emergency...work a 20 hour day...nobody says anything.

No chance for promotion.
Cons
Lack of promotions, low pay and lack of recognition for going the extra mile.
Great place to attend
Student (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 14, 2017
Attended there as a full time student and really enjoyed all my teachers and classes. The list of comprehensive fields is enormous and provides alot of options
Productive environment to work as well as a great place to develop great relationships as well as professional experience
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 11, 2017
UNO offers a positive work environment with opportunities to grow as a professional. One of their best benefits is their employee scholarship for any typeof degree if one desires to obtain a second degree.
very flexible
Test Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 11, 2017
The testing center was a pretty nice place to work. Everyone was friendly and the schedule was very flexible. Most of the job was just making sure each person was given the correct test and only tested for a certain amount of time.
Student relations
Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 25, 2017
Student relations consisted of interviewing new or perspective students regarding their career path desires. Student relations also comprised of detailing about the programs available and guiding new/perspective students about financial aid and scheduling.
Pros
Stuednt ad staff interaction
Cons
Temp position
Work-Study
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 24, 2017
I could not tell much about this because it was not my latest job and also I was only a student worker not a full time employee. However, UNO seems like a great place to work. I have been a student there for 3 years and it has taught me diversity, acceptance, confidence and many more attributes.
Pros
Cons
Supervisor
Busy, solid working environment
Staff Assistant & Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 12, 2017
Working here is a great opportunity for anyone who has the chance. There is always work to be done. There is a lot of politics involved, but if you do your job and do it well there are no worries about losing your position.
Pros
Good People. Stable work flow
Cons
Politics, lower pay
job security
Biomedical Computational Chemical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 4, 2017
if you do your job and show up to work you never have to worry about getting fired. they respected their employees. great work life balance. allowed you to work from home if you did not have meetings
great place for independance
Professor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 19, 2017
Great place to work if you like being an educator and independance. Professor are given incredible academic freedom within their classroom and research.
Pros
independance, academic freedom
Cons
zero perks: you pay for parking, pay for the gym, no discounts anywhere
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 17, 2017
I would patrol the grounds of the campus at night to make sure the students and visitors were obeying the policies and laws. working environment was good.
Great Place to work
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 12, 2017
A typical day at work was keypunching data and information that was found in the "Daily Record" for statistical purposes and then generate reports from that data. I absolutely loved this job and I learned how to read the keypunched card information. My supervisor was a really great lady and the rest of the staff was a joy to work with. The job was not hard at all, because I could do my job in a quiet area, so I enjoyed that and the gratification that it gave me.
Pros
Nice and Quiet
Cons
Worked in a really old building

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Nebraska at Omaha. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss