University of Nebraska Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Loved it and the benefits
Administrative Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 12, 2018
I worked here for almost 9 years and loved it. They have great benefits. College credits each year to use. easy to move between department. Reasonably responsive to time off request for family
Pros
College tuition, benefits
Cons
Stressful
collaborative and interesting
Infusion Nurse at Warren Buffet Cancer Hospital (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 9, 2018
Workplace culture was a team effort, a typical day may be seeing up to 12 patients a day. The hardest part was being expected to care for a pediatric population that was acutely ill. Enjoyable part was watching the team effort that unfolded as they were moving into a new building.
short-staffed
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 8, 2018
First and foremost, I am grateful for the opportunity to be at UNMC, Though I feel I am in the wrong department! There is lack of flexibility around school schedule- making it difficult to balance life-school-work times. Also, another issue that I can also point out is lack of opportunity for advancement- it seems you have to brown nose to move up! once again, perhaps I am just in the wrong department.
The people at MMI are great!
Web & Telehealth Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2018
I loved working with the people at the Munroe-Meyer Institute. They are a caring group of people. I was optimistic when management changed a couple of years ago. The moral has changed over the years. I'm not so optimistic with the work environment. I would not recommend working at Munroe-Meyer Institute. But I would recommend working at UNMC. This is a wonderful educational institution with great benefits and a decent wage.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 1, 2018
I like working at Nebraska Medicine. The pay is very competitive and there are many resources avalaible for the employees’ wellness in all areas of their life.
Was good at times
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEJuly 24, 2018
Too much political stuff in the workplace and system! Wasn't recognized for doing a good job or working hard, good ole boy system. Summers off was a plus. Unequal assignments and workloads based on who you were.
Positive Learning Environment with Extensive Opportunities to Increase Job Skills
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 7, 2018
The patient volume is high and you stay busy. I was able to advance my clinical skills greatly while at UNMC. The work environment is low-stress, and overall, positive. The hardest part of the job is the intense workload and high patient volume. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with state of the art equipment.
Developmental Peds / Psych
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Omaha,NEJuly 1, 2018
I do a lot of phone triage to assist parents dealing with a variety of situations. Situations range from medication questions to suicide threats from their children.
Pros
I get to use my nursing knowledge and my parenting of intellectually impaired guys at my job
Cons
Some parts of management are not qualified to manage effectively
Encouraging Environment
Medical Sr. Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 1, 2018
Nebraska Medicine is an exceptional hospital with dedicated clinic staff. They promote an environment of respect and continual learning. The most difficult part of the job is the volume of medical claims seems insurmountable with the current staff.
Cons
Paying for parking, short lunch breaks
Unstructured
NURSING INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEJune 27, 2018
Budget cuts make for a stressful environment. You don't matter unless you have at least a doctorate. Little to no pay raise; totally undervalued as a professional.
Pros
Autonomy; breaks.
Cons
Horrible pay as compared to the national average.
Best Place to Work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Inpatient PharmacyJune 27, 2018
They encourage personal and professional growth. They support and management is great. Nebraska Medicine is one of the top hospital in the state to work for.
To many chief’s not enough Indian’s
LPN (Current Employee) –  VPJune 23, 2018
They are growing to fast for there own good and not caring about there staff. All they care about is money. They don’t care if any one is happy.

Our benefits have declined since I have been with the company since 2014. We have have bad insurance, bad pay, bad PTO and a bad CEO who does not care.
Pros
My manager and physician’s I work with
Cons
Benefits, pay, Pto
Analyze data and provide quality outcomes reports
Data Analyst, Cardiology & Pulmonary Dept (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 19, 2018
Reviewed results that were pulled down from external databases and hospital excel spreadsheet. Management encourages building skills and provided positive responses.
It continues to get worse
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 18, 2018
As with other places, this place continually gets worse every day. The more they say how great they are, the worse it is. The leadership employs the wrong people to run this place and then takes their word that it is running great. Meanwhile the people that really know are not listened to. The newer management steals the hard work that someone takes great care to create and claims as their own. It's sad really. I used to absolutely love my job. Now, I dread knowing I have to come in every day.
Benefits
Cons
Culture, leadership, and pay
Cutting edge medical procedures and philosophies.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 18, 2018
Check in/out of patients

Learned new technologies and medical information

Was not crazy about management

Adjusting doctor schedules

Attending to our patients
Pros
Being of service to patients
Cons
management changes
Great way to start a career
Student Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 15, 2018
Great learning experience for those looking to get research experience in an academic setting for a prestigious university and research hospital. Excellent experience.
Overall a Great Place to Work
Management (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 15, 2018
The overall culture with benefits is a good place to work. Lots of opportunities for Professional Development and personal growth. The culture of any company is what you make of it.
Benefits
Care tech duties
Patient Care Technician (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 13, 2018
I learned many things working here that cannot be taught just by reading things in a text book. I am constantly surrounded by very supportive staff members that are willing to help people learn
Fair and balanced work hours
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 4, 2018
My mentor was very supportive and did not micromanage my research but encouraged creative and innovative ways of performing scientific research. Employee benefits were fair and tuition remission was a possibility. The hours were Monday- Friday 8:30 a.m. - 6 pm with a lunch break, so this is something I'd like to have in my future jobs.
Best in world class medicine
Sodexo Resident District Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 3, 2018
Nebraska Medicine is best place for health care in the Midwest.
There are many wonderful physicians and nurses with high level of talent and compassion. The healing process is improved and quality is the number one concern of the staff.
Each day at Nebraska Medicine is another day for extraordinary care.
Pros
Wonderful Facilities
Cons
Cold Weather