University of Nebraska Medical Center Employee Reviews

evs
worker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 22, 2018
cut throat all the way, from upper management on down, lack of working people because upper management treats them so bad. your work and then some so a friend of management does not need to work, just collect a check, this hospital has gone thru too many changes in the last couple years and it is not for the better by all means,the quality-in my opinion is very bad, always finger pointing, back stabbing all the way,and management cannot figure why people keep leaving, blind lead the blind, sad but true!
Pros
Cons
back stabbing, more work for free.
evs
worker (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 8, 2018
Pros
Cons
back stabbing, more work for free.
Fast-paced work environment with opportunities to learn and grow
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 11, 2018
At NMC I had a lot of opportunities to learn and grow. In my 12 hour day I would care for 9-10 patients assisting them with daily activities such as walking, and bathing. The hardest part of my job was having to go home every day knowing that people were still so sick and that there was still so much that I couldn't do. I enjoyed the job greatly and I had a strong team of other nurses and CNA's behind me every day.
Challenging enviornment with little autonomy
Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kidney Pancreas Transplant ProgramOctober 1, 2018
Typical day at work was spent sharing duties with another R.N. who did not share my work ethic and therefore did not share in the duties of the job. I worked hard to learn Clinical Studies and she worked hard at not working hard. I was told that there was no point in filing a grievance because at that time, the UNMC culture was such that it would go in my file and not hers. I had poor advice. I was however, able to move to another Leadership type role after being recruited by a Director.
Pros
Benefits, salary, travel, education
Cons
one sided work enviornment
A good place to work
Dietary Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 25, 2018
My time at the Med Center was good, enjoyed the people that I worked with, and we all got along and helped each other. Sure we had some problems but we managed to work them out together and the hardest part about my job was getting management to give you more hours, especially when they had promised them to you. Other than that, I enjoyed my time when I was their.
UNMC was one if the best places I've ever worked for!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 2, 2019
The management and staff were wonderful to work with. Teamwork really happens here! Through a few minor conflicts and challenges, staff works together to build each other up. Even in conflict resolution, there is a process improvement in place for growth, learning and positivity.
The University of Nebraska at Omaha is a great place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68198August 26, 2018
The security Dept maintains a friendly work relationship with all local Law Enforcement Agencies. Security personnel must be able to work as a team and be able to work independently on a work assignment. Having a friendly personality towards other UNMC personnel is a must. Emergency situations can happen at any time during your shift and you must be able to respond quickly, and be part of a first Responder team.
Pros
* hour shifts
Cons
Trying to find time for your meal
University of Nebraska Medical Center is a great place to work but has limited career advancement opportunities
Global Health Rsch and Educ. Pgms Admin. (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 13, 2018
The City is a great place to raise a family and UNMC Is an anchor institution but can be career limiting. UNMC doesn't not have many promotional opportunities for certain careers, mine being one of them.
Pros
Opportunities to travel for specific positions and flexibility
Cons
Limited career advancement opportunities
The people at MMI are great!
Web & Telehealth Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2018
I loved working with the people at the Munroe-Meyer Institute. They are a caring group of people. I was optimistic when management changed a couple of years ago. The moral has changed over the years. I'm not so optimistic with the work environment. I would not recommend working at Munroe-Meyer Institute. But I would recommend working at UNMC. This is a wonderful educational institution with great benefits and a decent wage.
short-staffed
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 8, 2018
First and foremost, I am grateful for the opportunity to be at UNMC, Though I feel I am in the wrong department! There is lack of flexibility around school schedule- making it difficult to balance life-school-work times. Also, another issue that I can also point out is lack of opportunity for advancement- it seems you have to brown nose to move up! once again, perhaps I am just in the wrong department.
Would not recommend.
Clinical Laboratory Assistant / Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NENovember 20, 2018
I would not recommend working at UNMC. Maybe it was just my job, my management, or my location, but I have not enjoyed my time at UNMC. Management is the poorest I have ever experienced, job culture is malignant, and teamwork is non-existent.
GREAT Part-time Job
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 18, 2018
I LOVED this job - it was a GREAT supplemental job and you set your own hours within the parameters. The supervisor was AMAZING!

You worked on your own and were paid according to finished surveys (besides the base rate).
Pros
Setting your own schedule
Crazy
Staff Perfusionist/Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  OmahaDecember 6, 2018
Would never recommend this a place for perfusion. Very cut throat with terrible management. Very long hours. Averaged close to 60 hours per week. Not conducive to a good work/Life balance.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours with poor management
I Would Have Stayed, If I Didn't Move
Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 14, 2019
I loved the atmosphere. Pay was low for colleagues. Mine was fine. Boss was great, very understanding. Culture cares about staff. Campus felt unsafe in Omaha. Staff parking is inconvenient and a safety and cost concern.
collaborative and interesting
Infusion Nurse at Warren Buffet Cancer Hospital (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 9, 2018
Workplace culture was a team effort, a typical day may be seeing up to 12 patients a day. The hardest part was being expected to care for a pediatric population that was acutely ill. Enjoyable part was watching the team effort that unfolded as they were moving into a new building.
Positive Learning Environment with Extensive Opportunities to Increase Job Skills
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 7, 2018
The patient volume is high and you stay busy. I was able to advance my clinical skills greatly while at UNMC. The work environment is low-stress, and overall, positive. The hardest part of the job is the intense workload and high patient volume. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with state of the art equipment.
It continues to get worse
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 18, 2018
As with other places, this place continually gets worse every day. The more they say how great they are, the worse it is. The leadership employs the wrong people to run this place and then takes their word that it is running great. Meanwhile the people that really know are not listened to. The newer management steals the hard work that someone takes great care to create and claims as their own. It's sad really. I used to absolutely love my job. Now, I dread knowing I have to come in every day.
Benefits
Cons
Culture, leadership, and pay
nice people to work with great benefits and best in science and technolodgy
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 8, 2018
Checked on many variables at work watching gages and cameras to make sure things run well while at work. Its great how you feel at the end of each day.
Developmental Peds / Psych
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Omaha,NEJuly 1, 2018
I do a lot of phone triage to assist parents dealing with a variety of situations. Situations range from medication questions to suicide threats from their children.
Pros
I get to use my nursing knowledge and my parenting of intellectually impaired guys at my job
Cons
Some parts of management are not qualified to manage effectively
Very Productive
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 9, 2018
The staff is eager to come to work everyday to assist the students. Everything was very organized and taken care in a timely manner. I enjoyed working for UNMC.
Pros
A chance to grow
Cons
It's not very diverse