University of Nebraska Medical Center Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Dietary Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 25, 2018
My time at the Med Center was good, enjoyed the people that I worked with, and we all got along and helped each other. Sure we had some problems but we managed to work them out together and the hardest part about my job was getting management to give you more hours, especially when they had promised them to you. Other than that, I enjoyed my time when I was their.
Wonderful Summer Internship
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 21, 2018
I really enjoyed my Summer Internship at the Unviersity of Nebraska Medical Center. I worked there over two summers with another student and a PhD. Wonderful learning experience.
Employee Benefits
Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 16, 2018
The University of Nebraska Medical Center was a great employer to work for. It was a very large organization, but that allow them to be able to provide more for their employees.
Fast-paced work environment with opportunities to learn and grow
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 11, 2018
At NMC I had a lot of opportunities to learn and grow. In my 12 hour day I would care for 9-10 patients assisting them with daily activities such as walking, and bathing. The hardest part of my job was having to go home every day knowing that people were still so sick and that there was still so much that I couldn't do. I enjoyed the job greatly and I had a strong team of other nurses and CNA's behind me every day.
nice people to work with great benefits and best in science and technolodgy
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 8, 2018
Checked on many variables at work watching gages and cameras to make sure things run well while at work. Its great how you feel at the end of each day.
Ugh
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 4, 2018
As I enjoy working with the people in my department, I think management needs an overhaul. Paying $432 a year to park is not enjoyable. Why pay that to work there? That's a weeks paycheck, and it is not fair.
i do not review employers
Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 4, 2018
I do not feeling placing a review on public forums is the proper thing to do for any employer current or past. I politely refuse to post anything at this time.
Challenging enviornment with little autonomy
Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kidney Pancreas Transplant ProgramOctober 1, 2018
Typical day at work was spent sharing duties with another R.N. who did not share my work ethic and therefore did not share in the duties of the job. I worked hard to learn Clinical Studies and she worked hard at not working hard. I was told that there was no point in filing a grievance because at that time, the UNMC culture was such that it would go in my file and not hers. I had poor advice. I was however, able to move to another Leadership type role after being recruited by a Director.
Pros
Benefits, salary, travel, education
Cons
one sided work enviornment
Loved working here
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 28, 2018
I have stayed with this company because I liked working in the hospital. I was in need for some other medical experience so this is my reason for leaving this facility.
Interesting and enjoyable
Triage RN (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 17, 2018
The job wasnt too easy at the start but once i got the hang of it i was doing just fine. It caught my attention and made me loo forward to doing it each day!
Productive and healthy work environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 14, 2018
A place to implement your acquired skills which increases your critical thinking ability. My most enjoyable part of the job is going on the field to sample and make the recommendation based on findings.
Senior Consultant - Order Set Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 4, 2018
I felt a sense of belonging. Everyone went out of there way to make me feel like an important member of the team. I really enjoyed our meetings as everyone was encouraged to participate.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
University of Nebraska Medical Center is a great place to work but has limited career advancement opportunities
Global Health Rsch and Educ. Pgms Admin. (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 13, 2018
The City is a great place to raise a family and UNMC Is an anchor institution but can be career limiting. UNMC doesn't not have many promotional opportunities for certain careers, mine being one of them.
Pros
Opportunities to travel for specific positions and flexibility
Cons
Limited career advancement opportunities
Loved it and the benefits
Administrative Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 12, 2018
I worked here for almost 9 years and loved it. They have great benefits. College credits each year to use. easy to move between department. Reasonably responsive to time off request for family
Pros
College tuition, benefits
Cons
Stressful
collaborative and interesting
Infusion Nurse at Warren Buffet Cancer Hospital (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 9, 2018
Workplace culture was a team effort, a typical day may be seeing up to 12 patients a day. The hardest part was being expected to care for a pediatric population that was acutely ill. Enjoyable part was watching the team effort that unfolded as they were moving into a new building.
short-staffed
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 8, 2018
First and foremost, I am grateful for the opportunity to be at UNMC, Though I feel I am in the wrong department! There is lack of flexibility around school schedule- making it difficult to balance life-school-work times. Also, another issue that I can also point out is lack of opportunity for advancement- it seems you have to brown nose to move up! once again, perhaps I am just in the wrong department.
The people at MMI are great!
Web & Telehealth Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2018
I loved working with the people at the Munroe-Meyer Institute. They are a caring group of people. I was optimistic when management changed a couple of years ago. The moral has changed over the years. I'm not so optimistic with the work environment. I would not recommend working at Munroe-Meyer Institute. But I would recommend working at UNMC. This is a wonderful educational institution with great benefits and a decent wage.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 1, 2018
I like working at Nebraska Medicine. The pay is very competitive and there are many resources avalaible for the employees’ wellness in all areas of their life.
Was good at times
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEJuly 24, 2018
Too much political stuff in the workplace and system! Wasn't recognized for doing a good job or working hard, good ole boy system. Summers off was a plus. Unequal assignments and workloads based on who you were.
Positive Learning Environment with Extensive Opportunities to Increase Job Skills
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 7, 2018
The patient volume is high and you stay busy. I was able to advance my clinical skills greatly while at UNMC. The work environment is low-stress, and overall, positive. The hardest part of the job is the intense workload and high patient volume. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with state of the art equipment.