University of Nebraska Medical Center Employee Reviews

Developmental Peds / Psych
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Omaha,NEJuly 1, 2018
I do a lot of phone triage to assist parents dealing with a variety of situations. Situations range from medication questions to suicide threats from their children.
Pros
I get to use my nursing knowledge and my parenting of intellectually impaired guys at my job
Cons
Some parts of management are not qualified to manage effectively
Encouraging Environment
Medical Sr. Billing Associate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 1, 2018
Nebraska Medicine is an exceptional hospital with dedicated clinic staff. They promote an environment of respect and continual learning. The most difficult part of the job is the volume of medical claims seems insurmountable with the current staff.
Cons
Paying for parking, short lunch breaks
Unstructured
NURSING INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEJune 27, 2018
Budget cuts make for a stressful environment. You don't matter unless you have at least a doctorate. Little to no pay raise; totally undervalued as a professional.
Pros
Autonomy; breaks.
Cons
Horrible pay as compared to the national average.
Best Place to Work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Inpatient PharmacyJune 27, 2018
They encourage personal and professional growth. They support and management is great. Nebraska Medicine is one of the top hospital in the state to work for.
To many chief’s not enough Indian’s
LPN (Current Employee) –  VPJune 23, 2018
They are growing to fast for there own good and not caring about there staff. All they care about is money. They don’t care if any one is happy.

Our benefits have declined since I have been with the company since 2014. We have have bad insurance, bad pay, bad PTO and a bad CEO who does not care.
Pros
My manager and physician’s I work with
Cons
Benefits, pay, Pto
Analyze data and provide quality outcomes reports
Data Analyst, Cardiology & Pulmonary Dept (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 19, 2018
Reviewed results that were pulled down from external databases and hospital excel spreadsheet. Management encourages building skills and provided positive responses.
It continues to get worse
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 18, 2018
As with other places, this place continually gets worse every day. The more they say how great they are, the worse it is. The leadership employs the wrong people to run this place and then takes their word that it is running great. Meanwhile the people that really know are not listened to. The newer management steals the hard work that someone takes great care to create and claims as their own. It's sad really. I used to absolutely love my job. Now, I dread knowing I have to come in every day.
Benefits
Cons
Culture, leadership, and pay
Cutting edge medical procedures and philosophies.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 18, 2018
Check in/out of patients

Learned new technologies and medical information

Was not crazy about management

Adjusting doctor schedules

Attending to our patients
Pros
Being of service to patients
Cons
management changes
Overall a Great Place to Work
Management (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 15, 2018
The overall culture with benefits is a good place to work. Lots of opportunities for Professional Development and personal growth. The culture of any company is what you make of it.
Benefits
Care tech duties
Patient Care Technician (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 13, 2018
I learned many things working here that cannot be taught just by reading things in a text book. I am constantly surrounded by very supportive staff members that are willing to help people learn
Fair and balanced work hours
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 4, 2018
My mentor was very supportive and did not micromanage my research but encouraged creative and innovative ways of performing scientific research. Employee benefits were fair and tuition remission was a possibility. The hours were Monday- Friday 8:30 a.m. - 6 pm with a lunch break, so this is something I'd like to have in my future jobs.
Best in world class medicine
Sodexo Resident District Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 3, 2018
Nebraska Medicine is best place for health care in the Midwest.
There are many wonderful physicians and nurses with high level of talent and compassion. The healing process is improved and quality is the number one concern of the staff.
Each day at Nebraska Medicine is another day for extraordinary care.
Pros
Wonderful Facilities
Cons
Cold Weather
Great Team work
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 28, 2018
I worked on a unit where we all felt like family. Great team work too. Pay was only ok. You had to work every 3rd weekend, which wasn’t too bad. RN to patient ratio was ok.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Fairly low pay for RN
Very High Stress
Help Desk Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 24, 2018
Stress increased as loss of personnel also increased. Morale was originally high but as people were let go and the work load stayed the same morale decreased.
Fast Pace
HIM Coding Lead (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 17, 2018
Fast pace super competitive, too business like for the type of work we are doing. There's a fine line between making money and providing quality care.
Decent benefits, good pay, and employee appreciation. Fast-paced, and sometimes high stress.
HIM Coding Lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 16, 2018
Benefits were decent, and wages were good. There were yearly events to show employee appreciation, and working at home available for some areas if qualifications were met. High expectations, with large workloads, but sometimes short staff, which could be stressful. You definitely had to work as a team if you wanted to meet the quotas. They would try to help you out though if you were having trouble meeting individual quotas, and they always tried to be considerate of home life if you were having problems, and work with you as much as they were able.
Pros
Decent benefits, with good pay. Work/home balance. Employee appreciation.
Cons
Large workloads that sometimes caused high stress if you were short staffed, or couldn't meet individual quotas.
Fast-paced
Medical Laboratory Medicine Internship (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 16, 2018
The management staff at the University of Nebraska Medical Center were not readily available to hear concerns or provide necessary feedback for staff. Their expectations were high and often hard to meet.
Productive workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 12, 2018
Productive workplace but monotonous. Job security, good management. Career advancements with tuition reimbursement. A lot of politics. Less freedom than other medical facilities.
Pros
job security, good management, tuition reimbursement
Cons
monotonous, politics
Great Place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 9, 2018
Staff is always amazing, is a joy to work here every day ! I love my patient and coworkers like they are family. I have grown as an MA here over the past almost 7 years.
Excellent environment for hospital pharmacist
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 3, 2018
Varied patient clientele includes pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients, with wide ranging complicated disease and transplant profiles and the medications to manage those profiles. IV compounding for outpatient clinics such as chemotherapy, pain, and allergy.
Pros
Reasonable hours of operation
Cons
The number of discharged patients for medication delivery can be exhaustive.