University of Nevada, Reno Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
my former employer
Head Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 8, 2018
Working at UNR was a great job. When you work there you have to pay to park- they offer different levels of parking fees. It can be rewarding to help college students achieve their education goals.
Pros
leave for sick and vacation, academic atmosphere
Cons
parking can be difficult at times. plan your day and arrive early as possible.
Work here and hold on to that job forever!
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 8, 2018
Loved working here! My team was awesome, the university treats its employees great (especially compared to working at your basic corporation.) My only regret about working at UNR was having to leave (relocation for family)...well, and maybe having to deal with one rude co-worker (but she was the exemption, 99% of the people were amazing!)
Student Work
Website Administrator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2018
Typical day - easy
What I learn - nothing much
Management - nice
Workplace culture - academic, flexible
Hardest part of the job - no team support (from other departments - w/ my student job)
Most enjoyable part of the job - CBER dept
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Difficult to find work
I was a PhD student there
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 2, 2018
As a school, it is fairly decent. My lab mates are great guys, and I learned a lot from them.

My advisers are also good professors, and very professional. The lab I worked at is well equipped. So not much to complain!
worked camps
University of Nevada Baseball Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 23, 2018
worked children (5-13) camps teaching the fundamentals about baseball, including fielding, base running, and hitting. While they were on campus they all received a tour of the campus as well.
Collaborative culture
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 22, 2018
UNR is a collaborative work environment, very competitive. They are innovative and resourceful. Positions are often filled with highly qualified individuals.
Great environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 18, 2018
Was fortunate to work with some excellent people on a beautiful campus. The physics department is full of intelligent, skilled professors and graduate students who are always willing to help.
I absolutely love the College of Education
LOA - HDFS Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 12, 2018
The University as a whole is a great place to work, but my heart truly lays within the College of Education, especially within the Academic Advising office.
Wonderful place to work
Educational Coach (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 27, 2018
It was a great place to receive an education and work. They were required to work around class schedules so you never had to worry about that. The management was helpful in all facets of life.
Best Job I've Had
Nevada - Admissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 27, 2018
I am not typing a review because I haven't worked there in over 5 years. What I have to say isn't even relevant anymore. Apparently there is a minimum of what I can sa
Great place to Work
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 25, 2018
I was a student athlete at Nevada. I had a great experience during my time as an athlete and as an employee when working summer camps for the volleyball program.
Great student job for art majors
Web Assistant / University Galleries (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 21, 2018
This job was an excellent opportunity to be around the people and artwork that comes and goes through the galleries. Great for making connections as an art major or anyone interested in gallery studies.
Excellent
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 17, 2018
Excellent opportunity for young researchers and academics. You are allowed gain teaching, supervising, planning experience. Most of the mentors are excellent.
Productive workplace
Graduate Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 16, 2018
I had a great experience working as a graduate assistant at the school of social work. had a chance to achieve experience in research in a peaceful place.
Great management and support
Conduct Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 13, 2018
Great university to work at! Leadership takes accountability for actions, follows through with peers if they do not perform job functions, and are very supportive with continuous follow up and training's.
It was good
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 7, 2018
The experience was a good one. Though the environment was slow-paced it offered much in the way of office experience and salary. Generally I learned much of what I know now from the medical offices and I'm grateful of it.
Great place to work.
Custodial Worker I and II and Administrative Aid I (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 29, 2018
I worked at the Facilities Service Center. A typical day consisted of data entry, radio dispatch to trades, etc., high volume customer service, answering phones, sorting and filing paperwork, and working with Microsoft Office on Windows 7 to 10 in an enterprise environment. Dispatch and phone calls consisted of anything from basic information to fire, police, and medical emergency calls, to dispatching trades to minor and major problems on the campus.
Pros
Great work environment, healthcare, and other benefits.
Cons
Sometimes worked through breaks.
Productive and Fun
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 27, 2018
I loved working at the Tutoring center at the University of Nevada, Reno. I tutored students mainly in math and science classes, and found it to be very rewarding.
Pros
Help students
Cons
Sometimes the students wouldn't show up
I enjoyed working here
Postdoctoral Scholar (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 12, 2018
I taught a 3/3 load of introductory, required interdisciplinary courses and loved it.

Supportive supervisors, colleagues, and excellent students. The only negative is that my contract was limited to three years.
Unlv
Associate Laboratory Lead Scientist (Former Employee) –  Clark County, NVMay 11, 2018
It was a great atmosphere of learning and refining my skills. Although my supervisors were tough their work was respected and impressive. I owe my career to them.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
work schedule