University of New England Employee Reviews

A great place to work.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  New South WalesSeptember 27, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed working here. Found that management was excellent and supportive. They are progressive and want to see you succeed for mutual benefit. A great place to work.
Pros
supportive atmosphere, benefits, work/life balance
Cons
Upper management has a few issues
It was a college.
Student of the Game (Former Employee) –  Biddeford Pool, MESeptember 10, 2018
The University of great had a lot of fun played sports, and met a lot of nice and interesting people. Challenging not only my academia but my personal goals as well. great set of influences.
dedicated to making itself better
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEAugust 20, 2018
UNE is constantly growing and trying to change with the times. They are a good institution that treats its people fairly well and encourages you to take classes and better yourself. Medical benefits are generous. Sometimes they grow in the wrong direction in their vigor to change.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEAugust 13, 2018
The school is run by the medical side. Every other department will be underfunded and run out in the next 10 to 15 years. It is also strictly conservative even though they claim to be liberal arts.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
stressful work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJuly 19, 2018
The responsibilities of the job itself were fine, collecting membership dues, teaching classes, overseeing and training of students. Supervisor was not very attentive. He would never give clear, concise instruction, and there was no training. He did however make sure you knew when you did something incorrect yet never told you how to resolve the issue.
A great opportunity for internships and fellowships
Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJune 25, 2018
UNE is a great opportunity for students looking to work in a fun but competitive environment in many different fields. I recommend the internships and fellowships that UNE provides. If you are looking for meaningful experiences as a student, or looking to create your own opportunities, this is the place for you!
Une
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJune 20, 2018
Great people to work with! WHen you step on to the Biddeford campus, it's not unusual to see friendly faces at every turn! It's a great location and offers many perks.
Pros
People, benefits, low-key summers
Cons
Low salary for anyone not in administration
Denied tenure after 6 years
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEMay 18, 2018
Our newly implemented promotion and tenure policy was unfair because it was an "up or out" policy. That is, if you did not get promotion to associate professor after 6 years, you were terminated. It was a very bad policy and it was changed the very next year because faculty could not rise to the promotion level. There was a lack of research facilities. Our Biology department was combined with Chemistry and Physics. The biology faculty created a learning community for all freshman students majoring in the sciences. Creating new courses was fun but challenging.
Pros
Learning community, location on the Saco River mouth where it joins the sea, great department chair, and faculty who really worked together.
Cons
Promotion and tenure policy, salary was poor
Manager, Graduation & Advising Services (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEMay 2, 2018
Day's are typically busy and working with students is very rewarding. The benefits are really good, especially taking advantage of the educational opportunities.
Pros
Advancement, education, health benefits
Cons
Administrative support
Excellent Benefits
Treasurer (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 4, 2018
University of New England has some excellent benefits for their employees. These include free education for children following a certain period of employment.
Relaxed position
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEApril 3, 2018
You are able to come in and once you get your work done, which is very easy , you can do your homework. The people here are very nice and helpful. There is no stress, and is the perfect job for a college student that goes to school at UNE.
Pros
Relaxed, can do homework, easy
Cons
Have to be a UNE student
Strong connections with managment
Resident Advisor (RA) (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEMarch 1, 2018
The University of New England truly cares about their student employees. They will be good references for later in life, and will listen to your needs while in school and support you through your advances in education.
Great Salary and Benefits - Horrible Co workers
Administration (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 17, 2018
The benefits are just about the best out there. However, they aren't worth the stress of working with people that only care about themselves and their career advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Cut-throat
productive and fun. Had a ping pong table.
Promotion/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Biddeford Pool, MEJanuary 2, 2018
Give us your opinion about a typical day at work, what your learned, management, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job was, the most enjoyable part of the job was?????
Excellent Place to Work
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 19, 2017
UNE houses friendly and understanding faculty and staff. Supervisors foster plenty of options to advance employees and genuinely care about their advancement.
I thoroughly enjoyed working at the University.
Special events and publications manager (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEOctober 13, 2017
There were so many things about my job that I enjoyed. The people were wonderful. Too many things to list that I learned to list. My supervisors were all the best. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Many, many benefits
knowledge
Research Program Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEOctober 5, 2017
I have learned a lot during my time at the University of New England. The environment is super friendly and nondiscriminatory. The management is very well-organized.
Pros
friendly, hassle free
benefits
Great learning experience, terrible compensation
Masters Degree Candidate (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJuly 17, 2017
I received several small grants over the course of my student career at UNE. Unfortunately, they all paid 8$ an hour, and the stipulation of taking one grant was that you were unable to receive it the next year. My Master's degree did not come with a stipend, although most did. However, I learned a lot and enjoyed my time working there.
I love teaching
CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 12, 2017
I love working at the University of New England because I enjoy teaching. It is a way of giving back and also keeping up with the evolving world that is dentistry and dental hygiene. There are different challenges each day on the clinic floor which is exciting and educational for the students and myself. Working as an instructor encouraged me to go back and obtain my Master's degree, which I now have.
Ok place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 7, 2017
UNE is a decent enough place to work. Great benefits, but, as is typical in a corporate setting, heavy politics help some people advance while others are held back. Too bad because other than that, it is a really nice place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not much advancement opportunity