University of New Mexico Employee Reviews

Work Environment
Analyst Programmer III (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 1, 2018
Was generally pretty good place to work with many opportunites. Management when I was there was excellent and responsive to the needs of their staff.
Stable Benefits
Community-Based Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 29, 2018
If you're looking for amazing benefits and stability, UNM is the place to work. Salary isn't the greatest, however if you're looking for tuition remission, vacation and annual leave accrual, and the opportunity to develop professionally, UNM has great systems in place for this.
High Education
HUMAN RESOURCES ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 29, 2018
During my time at The University of New Mexico I built strong positive partnerships with internal colleagues. I enjoyed my time there and I would return if a position becomes available.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Term position
Wonderful Place, But Sub-Par Pay
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 26, 2018
If you’re working for a state school, and expecting to get rich, you’re in the weong place. So the low pay is sort of expected when at UNM, but (at least in my experience) what they lacked in pay they made up for in automomy and ability to handle projects in a way that I saw fit. My management was very supportive and provided every possible chance to improve my skill set. The only reason I left was because I out-grew the position, abd had topped-out within the department.
Pros
Liberal PTO, Supportive Management, Nice Benefits, Good Retirement Plan
Cons
Low Pay, Limited Advancement for Non-Faculty Positions
ANALYST/PROGRAMMER II, ID CARD SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 24, 2018
I would still be at UNM had we not relocated to Colorado. I enjoyed every aspect of working at the University of New Mexico and hope to work for University again,
A good place to bounce not a career opportunity
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 22, 2018
UNMHSC was a good place to get my feet wet. I should have left many years before I did. Salaries are crippling. Take advantage of the wealth of knowledge and mentors that are available here but don't stay too long.
Pros
schedule/flexibility
Cons
compensation, poor management
Undergraduates were great!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 22, 2018
My particular Supervisor was very difficult to be around and not very personable with the staff. There was unprofessionalism and profanity spoken often in front of the undergraduates.
I felt disrespected.
Pros
The university environment.
Cons
Not supporting internal issues.
Great place to work at
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 18, 2018
Work typically 8-5, working with patients and answering high volume calls can get really hectic. Some NOT all supervisors can be micro managers. Cant say that about my last supervisor there though, she was great! Met great people who turned out to be lifetime friends!
Pros
Great benefits, Flexible working hours, weekends off
Cons
Can do more for Employee satisfaction/ Appreciation
A good place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 4, 2018
Working at the UNM HSC was great. The research faculty were all very helpful and willing to work together on collaborations. Everyone tries to help each other to make sure everyone is successful. I would work there again if the opportunity came up.
Benefício para estudantes
aluna de mediação em 1997 (Former Employee) –  ALBUQUERQUE/NM - EUAOctober 3, 2018
Cobra preço justo para estrangeiros e dá o máximo de experiências e conteúdo possível dentro de uma semana de imersão. Conteúdo teórico, prático, visitas a escritórios de mediação vendo a pratica de profissionais. Almoço em Associações com palestrantes de Mediação.
Sendo interessante relatar, que estava em férias com minha família na Flórida; e quando fui comprar a passagem, quando o atendente percebeu que era curso que faria em Albuquerque; disponibilizou o pagamento de 1/3 da passagem para incentivo a educação.
Ahnn, não fui na bagagem, só não dão poltrona na janela ou corredor.
Pros
todos os possíveis e imagináveis
Cons
nosso dinheiro estar valendo tão puco não oporunizando este tipo de estudos
A great place to work and growth
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 2, 2018
UNMH is a great place to work, with advancement, growth.
My supervisor was always fair, attentive and understanding while also showing no preferences. All the MD. And Nurses were well qualified in all they do.
Pros
Weekend and holidays off
Cons
Would have liked to work 4-10's instead of 5-8's
All about who you know
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 27, 2018
UNM is very political. You don't get ahead unless you know someone or get on the good side of a higher up. So many of the managers are not qualified, have no idea how to do the job, and push their work on the Admin Assistants, yet they make the big bucks, and the rest of the staff makes pennies. Plus, the cost of health insurance goes up every year, with us getting a 1% raise in the last 6 years. You lose money by working here.
Pros
10 days off at Christmas
Overall the workplace was very positive.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 20, 2018
A typical day at work stated very positive. I learned to be a team player, communicated with all types of individuals. Was able to interact with professor and staff and students in a learning environment. Management showed direction and quidance. Workplace culture was moviating. The hardest part new students lost and trying to get them to the right class room on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to graduation after completion of four year degree.
Pros
Being exposed to learning environment and communicating with Professors and students
Cons
Balancing duties that required more time than one had.
To many contractor we 3 other food service contacts
Executive Chef/Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 19, 2018
Over all unm has good benefits for unm employees, but I worked for a company compass group. When you have 3 different companies iall together it tends to get a little heact.
Pros
Cons
Lunch break only
helped to prepare me for the real world
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 18, 2018
My internship working at UNM gave me the opportunity to take what I learned in class and apply it to real projects at a large scope. I was able to network with peers and professors and it helped me in my efforts to find a job after graduation.
Difficult place to write grants for funding given that the grant itself was not reviewed by advisor.
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 18, 2018
My advisor gave me little or no help in preparing a grant for funding. In addition, I never felt part of the department of biology or mathematics, which made it more difficult to get advice on grant preparation.
Pros
Cons
No help or advice given in preparing a grant
Great
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 10, 2018
UNM is a great place to teach. The environment is welcoming and collaborative. The students are wonderful. New Mexico is a terrific state in which to live and work.
Lacking the right management
Training Support Analyst, CHW Team (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 10, 2018
The organization could be so much better if it had better middle and upper management. The organization is turning a new leaf and moving towards a value-based approach of operations and maybe in time, those values will start to be placed into practice.
Work place with a nice atmosphere
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at the School of Law and was given opportunities to advance. Classes were offered to help as a teaching aide. I also like the fact that I could attend classes at the University and my dependents could as well.
Great place! Long hours!
Assistant Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 2, 2018
All administrators were exempt! Meaning the Athletic department could work you 24/7 while being a salary employee! I loved the University setting. I loved the college environment but had a hard time being married and on call to address athletic concerns 24/7 but other than that, great job with great benefits!
Pros
Benefits, encironment, student athletes
Cons
Working demands!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of New Mexico. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight