University of New Mexico Employee Reviews

Rewarding Workplace
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 4, 2019
Exceptional learning experience, management.

Ongoing growth of the organization is underway which is very exciting.

Under the umbrella of UNM you have the hospital, cancer center, school of medicine and medical group.

There are unlimited opportunities for growth.
Excellent compensation and benefits to include tuition reimbursement.
Pros
on-going learning, clinicl and administratively
Cons
Fun and friendly work environment
Office assistant in the Department of Pediatrics (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 4, 2019
I love all the people I work with and my manager. They all treat me with respect and everyone else. I walk into work with a smile on my face and if I am having a bad day my co-workers can make me smile.
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 30, 2019
Typical Day: there was no real typical day, everyday was different.

Learned: There was always something I needed to learn in order to further the research project.

Management: My Principle Investigators were very nice. The graduate student I often worked with was wonderful.

Workplace Culture: Everyone was preoccupied with their own research but were very pleasant to talk to.

Hardest Part: Answering questions that no one had answered before.

Most Enjoyable Part: Answering questions that no one had answered before.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Parking was a hassle
Learned alot every day
Clinical Research Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 26, 2019
Education focused. Opportunity for life long learning. Not many health and wellness opportunities. Healthy food unavailable and no place to enjoy outdoors during breaks.
Great place to do Graduate school
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 23, 2019
I worked as a graduate assistant. It paid for my grad school, it was relatively easy work and I learned a lot. The work didn't interfere with my studies and actually taught me as much as any class did.
Pros
flexible schedule, great manager, great location.
Cons
not amazing money.
Educational Institution of Higher Education
Contract and Grant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 21, 2019
This is a good place to work and lots of opportunity. Fun to work with people with different backgrounds and different educations. Would highly recommend.
Professional and Fexible
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87131January 2, 2019
Organization allow for career development and earning a degree. Good benefit. As with most Universities, the organization is always underfunded and struggling to manage resources.
Pros
Career Development and Healthcare Benefits
Cons
Staffing is low.
Horrible management in the UNM School of Medicine Office of Education
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 28, 2018
Horrible management in the UNM School of Medicine Office of Education. Very high turnover and mistreatment of new employees. They have a record of years of firing people for no reason within months of hiring them. Feel free to ask around!
Work Environment
Analyst Programmer III (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 1, 2018
Was generally pretty good place to work with many opportunites. Management when I was there was excellent and responsive to the needs of their staff.
Student Teacher Colloborations
Instructor (Current Employee) –  New MexicoOctober 31, 2018
As an instructor of record at the University of New Mexico I really enjoyed collobarations with my peers and students. I am still working there and constantly expanding my horizons.
Stable Benefits
Community-Based Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 29, 2018
If you're looking for amazing benefits and stability, UNM is the place to work. Salary isn't the greatest, however if you're looking for tuition remission, vacation and annual leave accrual, and the opportunity to develop professionally, UNM has great systems in place for this.
High Education
HUMAN RESOURCES ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 29, 2018
During my time at The University of New Mexico I built strong positive partnerships with internal colleagues. I enjoyed my time there and I would return if a position becomes available.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Term position
Wonderful Place, But Sub-Par Pay
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 26, 2018
If you’re working for a state school, and expecting to get rich, you’re in the weong place. So the low pay is sort of expected when at UNM, but (at least in my experience) what they lacked in pay they made up for in automomy and ability to handle projects in a way that I saw fit. My management was very supportive and provided every possible chance to improve my skill set. The only reason I left was because I out-grew the position, abd had topped-out within the department.
Pros
Liberal PTO, Supportive Management, Nice Benefits, Good Retirement Plan
Cons
Low Pay, Limited Advancement for Non-Faculty Positions
ANALYST/PROGRAMMER II, ID CARD SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 24, 2018
I would still be at UNM had we not relocated to Colorado. I enjoyed every aspect of working at the University of New Mexico and hope to work for University again,
A good place to bounce not a career opportunity
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 22, 2018
UNMHSC was a good place to get my feet wet. I should have left many years before I did. Salaries are crippling. Take advantage of the wealth of knowledge and mentors that are available here but don't stay too long.
Pros
schedule/flexibility
Cons
compensation, poor management
Undergraduates were great!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 22, 2018
My particular Supervisor was very difficult to be around and not very personable with the staff. There was unprofessionalism and profanity spoken often in front of the undergraduates.
I felt disrespected.
Pros
The university environment.
Cons
Not supporting internal issues.
Great place to work at
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 18, 2018
Work typically 8-5, working with patients and answering high volume calls can get really hectic. Some NOT all supervisors can be micro managers. Cant say that about my last supervisor there though, she was great! Met great people who turned out to be lifetime friends!
Pros
Great benefits, Flexible working hours, weekends off
Cons
Can do more for Employee satisfaction/ Appreciation
A good place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 4, 2018
Working at the UNM HSC was great. The research faculty were all very helpful and willing to work together on collaborations. Everyone tries to help each other to make sure everyone is successful. I would work there again if the opportunity came up.
Benefício para estudantes
aluna de mediação em 1997 (Former Employee) –  ALBUQUERQUE/NM - EUAOctober 3, 2018
Cobra preço justo para estrangeiros e dá o máximo de experiências e conteúdo possível dentro de uma semana de imersão. Conteúdo teórico, prático, visitas a escritórios de mediação vendo a pratica de profissionais. Almoço em Associações com palestrantes de Mediação.
Sendo interessante relatar, que estava em férias com minha família na Flórida; e quando fui comprar a passagem, quando o atendente percebeu que era curso que faria em Albuquerque; disponibilizou o pagamento de 1/3 da passagem para incentivo a educação.
Ahnn, não fui na bagagem, só não dão poltrona na janela ou corredor.
Pros
todos os possíveis e imagináveis
Cons
nosso dinheiro estar valendo tão puco não oporunizando este tipo de estudos
A great place to work and growth
REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 2, 2018
UNMH is a great place to work, with advancement, growth.
My supervisor was always fair, attentive and understanding while also showing no preferences. All the MD. And Nurses were well qualified in all they do.
Pros
Weekend and holidays off
Cons
Would have liked to work 4-10's instead of 5-8's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of New Mexico. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight