University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Employee Reviews

Certified Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 8, 2019
UNC is a good place to learn and grown as a nurse. I enjoy working on the small unit as I get to know my patients and they see the staff as "family".
The retirement program is stable at this facility.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
difficult to request vacation time
Great students
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 3, 2019
Great student population. Most enjoyable part is connecting with students and staff members. UNC is a collaborative place that enables students and professionals to grow.
Great institution to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 3, 2019
Great group of people to work with. Can be difficult to excel and implement new ideas and best work practices working for a state agency/institution. Very challenging if you're ambitious and want to climb the corporate ladder.
Interesting place to work
Student Services Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 3, 2019
This is a great environment to work for. This is a really large place that have tons of opportunities. Co-workers are great and management is willing to work with you. Check it out!
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an excellent University.
Lecturer in Theology and Islamic niversity (Current Employee) –  In the faculty of theology and Islamic StudiesDecember 26, 2018
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is a renowned University in US. It is the very nice work place. Life must be enjoyable and cheerful in this place. There is abundant opportunities to research and study in this University. This University is well disciplined. Management is also fine and nice. In my opinion the hardest part of the job is lack of learning aids and instrument in the class room. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make the authority happy and satisfied. To teach the students effectively is also most enjoyable part of the job.
Please avoid a job posting for radiology admin
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 20, 2018
My job was sitting in a tight space with another coworker and answering the phone for doctors/techs calling for radiologist about scans and directing the calls. Also doing billing for radiology but nothing that is challenging or brain stimulating. I am use to working with my brain and overcoming challenges but this job was the complete opposite. This is for someone that has retired and wants to work again or someone that doesn't want to better themselves and settles for JUST a job. I was told that there was going to be an opportunity for me but was left in the dark and never told about it again. Coworker, ex coworker and supervisor always gossiped and that was a turn off from the job. I worked 11am-8pm which made it even worse so i was left in the dark about alot of things. i liked to work in peace and quiet but my coworker was very loud on the work phone and her cellphone which made my job harder, on top of the other people that worked in the offices with me. there is so much stuff i can say but it started off cool but once i knew there was no advancement i knew it was time to go.
Pros
Being able to say I work at UNC Chapel Hill
Cons
Never peace and quiet in office, gossip workers, no advancement, etc.
Great resume builder
Accessible Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 19, 2018
Fosters a great learning environment, there are no wrong answers or dumb questions. Everyone wants to help you succeed and acquire the skills you need
Fun productive company
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 19, 2018
Really love the people I work with. It's very fast paced at times and laid back at other times. Co-workers are great once they get to know you. I love my hours because I get to go home and take care of my mom
Pros
Boss doesn't look over your back
Cons
Parking
Great for your resume
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 17, 2018
Great school and employer, but working there as a grad student (TA or RA) is a hard job that is paid very little (like in many other places). Would recommend as a great point on your CV.
Pros
good health care insurance
Cons
low salaries for grad students
Productive and Great workplace
Administrative Representative (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 11, 2018
I love this job and co workers,but i will have to find and do whats best for my son and his future soon. I would love to stay here and retire from UNC, The counties school systems where i live is what i am having a issue with and i feel that my son's education comes before anything. That is important right now.
Pros
This is a very family and friendly place to work.
Cons
short breaks
overall great place
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 10, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time unfortunately it was cut short due to me relocating however it was a wonderful experience. The office staff was so welcoming and out going. Defiantly a career place
Rewarding flexible workplace
Women's Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 8, 2018
This position was autonomous with flexible hours. My ideas were valued. Had the opportunity to work with statewide community partners. Enjoyed a variety of job duties. Job allowed for creativity.
Pros
flexible hours, made a difference, variety of job duties, travel
Cons
small staff
Post Doc (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 7, 2018
The supervisor with whom I worked was really good and he gives full freedom to his workers for working without any interference. Work culture at UNC is really good.
Collaborative work environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 18, 2018
Management cares about morale and feedback, very supportive. Cultural and educated environment to grow. Benefits are reasonable for healthcare and pension. 40 hr work week, overtime is discouraged.
Benefits
Cons
No overtime
Educational Opportunity
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 15, 2018
I had the opportunity to work while in school at Chapel Hill. This job was very low maintenance and easy going in terms of working hours and days. I was able to make my own schedule based on my school schedule
Fun
Summer Camp Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 14, 2018
Loved my job working at chapel hill. The staff was great and so were the other employees. I felt like it was easy for me to express myself and just be.
Intramural Sports Referee (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 13, 2018
This job gave me valuable working experience. I learned many rules and regulations for SPorts that I didn't even know about. My coworkers were very nice.
high paid security guard
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2018
The job itself wasn't difficult. I was a police officer with security guard responsibilities. management was terrible. a lot of dog and pony show expectations.
Fun and challenging environment, however hard to integrate to the larger community
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 30, 2018
-Great core facilities.
-Amazing lab environment that keep helping you to develop as a scientist.
-As a postdoc there is no clear way to be integrated to the broader scientific community.
Position of EHRA NF HR Consultant
EHRA Non-Faculty Human Resource Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCOctober 20, 2018
I use the word "typically" very carefully to describe a day's work as each and every day offers very different and challenging tasks. Such tasks include, but not limited to consultations with campus clients, processing of various personnel actions for employees, i.e. salary increases, new hire, terminations, and FTE changes. Processing the aforementioned can all occur on the same day. Having to be responsible for so many work tasks has enhanced my ability to exercise time management. This is one of the most important work philosophies that I have learned and have proven to be extremely valuable. While the work is very fast paced, and can be somewhat stressful at times, there still remains a level of eustress, whereby that stressful situation results in a positive outcome. That is the tone set my management, whereby I am allowed independence in performing daily tasks, with the expectation of following through to completion and maintaining a high level of accuracy. The hardest part of my job is having to wait on responses for approval of salary increases and position requests for employees, due to policy constraints, while one of the of the most enjoyable part is the ability to communicate with various campus staff and help them with their needs.