University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Employee Reviews

Beautiful campus
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 18, 2019
UNC is a nice place to work because the campus is beautiful. Working near Franklin St is convenient to many stores and restaurants. Overall, it is a positive experience.
ok
Energy Services, Chilled Water Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 11, 2019
I really enjoyed the job!! Im trying to fill out an application for another job so i have absolutely no idea why i need to fill out a review on a job i had almost six months ago when all i need to do is fill out an app for another job, because this is completely killing the time i have on the computer while i could be filling out an application for another job, in other words your holding up my life
Pros
Great people
Cons
slow work pace
Relaxed Environment and Great place for student workers
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMarch 7, 2019
On a typical day the work load is fairly light, I am student worker so I assist with anything that is needed of me. I have learned a lot about office culture and how to thrive in this certain environment. My supervisors are great and really encourage me to get and achieve my goals. Honestly, the hardest part about my job is shredding papers. The most enjoyable part is that although it is in an office, there is not the usually stuffiness associated with working in one.
Seasonal Job
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 18, 2019
This position was fast paced and fun. It required traveling, scheduling your own appointments and working very independently to complete paperwork in a timely manner.
fast pace and competitive work
post-doctor (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 10, 2019
I work there as a Post- doctor, which is not a real job, per se.. I had a lot of things to learn. The research work was highly competitive and stressful.
nice place to work
OR RN, Level (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 4, 2019
I enjoyed my time at UNC and would like to return to work there. I had to leave suddenly due to family illness/needs. I found the system enjoyable to work for.
Pros
well known
Buen trabajo
Marine Science Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NC, USAFebruary 1, 2019
Asistia a las clases de los estudiantes y después de las clases, evalué la tarea de los estudiantes
Great work atmosphere and opportunities to learn all the time.
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 30, 2019
A typical 8am to 5pm job where working with competent and friendly coworkers. Learned Microsoft Office skills at a greater degree, multitasking at a highter level, interacting/working with many different people of all kinds of job positions. Management was understanding, encouraging, helpful, motivating, trusting. The hardest part of the job is commuting. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with such a diverse group of people all over campus.
It was okay.
Postdoc (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 25, 2019
The colleagues and staff were great. The research was great.

Severely hamstrung by the NC legislature. They do not offer good job benefits for lower level staff (no retirement, no health, mandatory time off for one month/year to so those employees remain temporary).
Cons
very slow pace. Sports events, make it hard to get into work.
clean and friendly enviorment
Housekeeping and Patient Transportation (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 14, 2019
the people food and doctors make u feel welcomed. many creative workers within the workplace. love how the set up is located within minutes to each department within unc hospital
Pros
easy access to entire hospital
Cons
parking
Certified Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 8, 2019
UNC is a good place to learn and grown as a nurse. I enjoy working on the small unit as I get to know my patients and they see the staff as "family".
The retirement program is stable at this facility.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
difficult to request vacation time
Great students
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 3, 2019
Great student population. Most enjoyable part is connecting with students and staff members. UNC is a collaborative place that enables students and professionals to grow.
Great institution to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 3, 2019
Great group of people to work with. Can be difficult to excel and implement new ideas and best work practices working for a state agency/institution. Very challenging if you're ambitious and want to climb the corporate ladder.
Interesting place to work
Student Services Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJanuary 3, 2019
This is a great environment to work for. This is a really large place that have tons of opportunities. Co-workers are great and management is willing to work with you. Check it out!
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an excellent University.
Lecturer in Theology and Islamic niversity (Current Employee) –  In the faculty of theology and Islamic StudiesDecember 26, 2018
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is a renowned University in US. It is the very nice work place. Life must be enjoyable and cheerful in this place. There is abundant opportunities to research and study in this University. This University is well disciplined. Management is also fine and nice. In my opinion the hardest part of the job is lack of learning aids and instrument in the class room. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make the authority happy and satisfied. To teach the students effectively is also most enjoyable part of the job.
Please avoid a job posting for radiology admin
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 20, 2018
My job was sitting in a tight space with another coworker and answering the phone for doctors/techs calling for radiologist about scans and directing the calls. Also doing billing for radiology but nothing that is challenging or brain stimulating. I am use to working with my brain and overcoming challenges but this job was the complete opposite. This is for someone that has retired and wants to work again or someone that doesn't want to better themselves and settles for JUST a job. I was told that there was going to be an opportunity for me but was left in the dark and never told about it again. Coworker, ex coworker and supervisor always gossiped and that was a turn off from the job. I worked 11am-8pm which made it even worse so i was left in the dark about alot of things. i liked to work in peace and quiet but my coworker was very loud on the work phone and her cellphone which made my job harder, on top of the other people that worked in the offices with me. there is so much stuff i can say but it started off cool but once i knew there was no advancement i knew it was time to go.
Pros
Being able to say I work at UNC Chapel Hill
Cons
Never peace and quiet in office, gossip workers, no advancement, etc.
Great resume builder
Accessible Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 19, 2018
Fosters a great learning environment, there are no wrong answers or dumb questions. Everyone wants to help you succeed and acquire the skills you need
Fun productive company
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 19, 2018
Really love the people I work with. It's very fast paced at times and laid back at other times. Co-workers are great once they get to know you. I love my hours because I get to go home and take care of my mom
Pros
Boss doesn't look over your back
Cons
Parking
Great for your resume
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 17, 2018
Great school and employer, but working there as a grad student (TA or RA) is a hard job that is paid very little (like in many other places). Would recommend as a great point on your CV.
Pros
good health care insurance
Cons
low salaries for grad students
Productive and Great workplace
Administrative Representative (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCDecember 11, 2018
I love this job and co workers,but i will have to find and do whats best for my son and his future soon. I would love to stay here and retire from UNC, The counties school systems where i live is what i am having a issue with and i feel that my son's education comes before anything. That is important right now.
Pros
This is a very family and friendly place to work.
Cons
short breaks