University of North Carolina at Charlotte Employee Reviews

food services
UTILIIES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2018
The worse Management team ever to work and I need a quick change no paid raise and no benefits.Just a bad place to work in ever.they need new management and better train on how to work there employee.
Uncc
3rd Shift Building Environmental Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2018
Fast pace environment. Team work is essential. Essential employees required to come to work in all weather conditions.
Benefits begin beginning of the next month.
Shoes and uniforms provided.
Gathering take place so you can socialise with other employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Managers were very negative to the supervisor.
Great institution
Education Librarian (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2018
UNC Charlotte is exploding! Each year there are more and more students attending so there is much to do. The administrative is supportive, the professional development opportunities are plentiful, and the benefits are top notch.
Very Innovative Students to Work with
Embedded Vision Tracking Research (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2018
I worked here as a research student as a senior design credit completion. This research was conducted in computer engineering department. It was fun working with innovative students.
A good place
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2018
I enjoy working at UNC Charlotte. The pay is considerably lower, but it is to be expected at a State job. The benefits, however, are extraordinary, so it's six in one hand, half dozen in the other. There is plenty of room for growth, the hardest part is just getting your foot in the door. This is feasible if you start working as a temp there. One issue is that this place is growing without enough employees.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Growth / Improvement Opportunities, Free Classes, HR Training
Cons
Low pay (unless you're a professor), High Growth Without Catching UP
A fellowship
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2018
It was just a fellowship, so I only worked for one summer. It depends who you were assigned to work for and I worked with Raspberry Pi robot. It was stressful because I knew nothing about Raspberry Pi or the robotics.
Great opportunity while in school
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2018
Flexible hours and good amount of responsibility for what you're being paid. Everyone is understanding and willing to help. Able to advance quickly if you are wanting to do so. Great people to work with.
UNC - Charlotte
FA STUDENT SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2018
University of North Carolina at Charlotte is a great company to work for. I loved working with people that were there to improve themselves. I am a strong believer in self growth.There are definitely some cost to working in hire education, the biggest being sacrafice of a competative salary for that area, and employees having to pay over $600 a year to park. Your insurance is covered but the quality of insurance has steadily declined year over year. Also, working in hire education you must obtain a masters degree for advancement. This is understandable working in hire education what is not is that only 2 classes are covered a year. In most degree paths you must be taking more than 6 hours a year leaving you on the hook for the other 6 hours.

I enjoyed working in the University environment, however, I could not longer afford to work there and live in the area.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Pay
Nothing much to say
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2018
Was given misinformation about my progress. Turned out as a blessing in disguise.I hope all in the department have made a successful career for themselves. No hard feelings.
Great work experience
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 18, 2018
Learned a lot from my clients and grew as a leader on and off the bike. Would love to continue working in the health-fitness world in the New York/New Jersey area.
Great Experience.
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2018
As graduate teaching assistant, I got to experience a variety of things such as teaching, grading papers, clarifying doubts, mentoring students, reinforcing my knowledge in statistics, production management, et .
productive and learning environment
Ph.D. Researcher (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2018
Great study and work opportunity and learning environment. flexible hours and good pay. I would recommend UNC to anyone interested in working in an academic environment.
Opened doors to opportunities
Field and Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2018
worked with the department of geography and earth sciences in a lab under supervision of professionals. Enjoyed the flexible hours and room to perfect skills on my own time.
Great Place
Fitness Assistant (Current Employee) –  UNC CharlotteJune 5, 2018
Do what you're told, enjoy spending time in the gym. You will be trained, the job is fairly simple. Tell patrons to obey rules, and be polite to everyone you see.
Opportunity to teach as well as create news shows
LECTURER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2018
Excellent opportunity to use broadcasat experience in academics. Teach and assess student performance; produce news shows. I teach a variety of students majoring in broadcast news and journalism.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No opportunity to work abroad
It was excellent and convenient for a student there like me.
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2018
I live on campus during the main two semesters. My professor was great and the class was manageable. The student-teacher interface program canvas was very understandable to work
Typical job. Nothing special
Student Caller (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2018
This job was nothing extravagant. Calling alumni requesting donations. You’re provided a script so it’s relatively easy if you enjoy being on the phone and told no. An easy buck but extremely boring.
Pros
A job
Cons
Expectations
Great Time
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2018
Had a great time working with UTOP and B3. Students were engaged and helping them get acclimated tot the campus was a great opportunity. Although GAs don't get paid enough thhe experiences is sometimes worth it.
Pros
Student Involvement
Cons
Pay
It was great
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2018
The overall experience working at unc charlotte is really good. The people are really friendly and nice to me. I like to work there again and would recommend it
Close Knit coworkers and management in fun environment
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28223May 15, 2018
The Work environment was very close knit and easy going. All the instructors were very close with one another and they helped each other whenever it was needed. The management and employees were all respectful of one another, understanding, and generally cared about what was going on in each other lives. This was the best job I ever had, fun to work with class participants and with coworkers.