University of North Carolina at Charlotte Employee Reviews

Great mission of educating students.
BSC (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 6, 2018
There are some great people performing excellent work there. I don't want to generalize too broadly, as the work culture in which I worked may not have been the same in other parts of the university. Across campus, there are often job vacancies, which offers opportunities for growth and advancement, but it also means that in the interim other employees are required to pick up those duties. They typically receive no additional compensation for doing so.
Pros
Job security and a good work/life balance.
Cons
Underpaid.
Flexible and managable.
Loading Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2019
Log a package's movements
You learn:
people skills, job cultures.
Management can have problems.

It's fun to work with peers.
It's slow to pick up, but easy once it's picked up.
The conversations and people were the best part of the job.
Pros
Free lunches, popcorn, ice cream, parties
Cons
No benefits, low pay, low hours
Not worth it
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2019
Pay raises are rare, while the cost of living steadily increases. My manager was rude and under-qualified. Most promotional job opportunities are pre-selected, so save your time applying. Cost pf parking is outrageous. Co-workers are set in their ways and resistant to changes (improvements).
Pros
nothing comes to mind.
Cons
Too many to list.
UNC - Charlotte
FA STUDENT SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 2, 2018
University of North Carolina at Charlotte is a great company to work for. I loved working with people that were there to improve themselves. I am a strong believer in self growth.There are definitely some cost to working in hire education, the biggest being sacrafice of a competative salary for that area, and employees having to pay over $600 a year to park. Your insurance is covered but the quality of insurance has steadily declined year over year. Also, working in hire education you must obtain a masters degree for advancement. This is understandable working in hire education what is not is that only 2 classes are covered a year. In most degree paths you must be taking more than 6 hours a year leaving you on the hook for the other 6 hours.

I enjoyed working in the University environment, however, I could not longer afford to work there and live in the area.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Pay
food services
UTILIIES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2018
The worse Management team ever to work and I need a quick change no paid raise and no benefits.Just a bad place to work in ever.they need new management and better train on how to work there employee.
Job stability and advancement opportunities
Assistant Director of Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 22, 2018
A university that offers lots for the employee and encourages growth and development. You can continue your education at a minimal charge as an employee and also apply that to your next career move!
UNC Charlotte Review
Associate Director, Stadium Complex Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2018
UNC Charlotte is a great place to work and they really help develop their staff. The health care coverage is pretty good but is slightly declining per the cost like many other places. the retirement benefits are great.
Pros
benefits, retirement
Cons
raises
A good place
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2018
I enjoy working at UNC Charlotte. The pay is considerably lower, but it is to be expected at a State job. The benefits, however, are extraordinary, so it's six in one hand, half dozen in the other. There is plenty of room for growth, the hardest part is just getting your foot in the door. This is feasible if you start working as a temp there. One issue is that this place is growing without enough employees.
Pros
Benefits, Hours, Growth / Improvement Opportunities, Free Classes, HR Training
Cons
Low pay (unless you're a professor), High Growth Without Catching UP
Environmental Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2019
Great place to work, good people Great Students, Administration, Faculty, Staff and Atmosphere to be in and work in. Also good pay, benefits, time off . Vacation Sick days Comp Time off FMLA when needed .
Benefits
Cons
departmental changes /
Productive and Fun Place to Work
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 15, 2018
This company is great to work for. Everyone is very pleasant and helpful. Management is always there to guide you whenever necessary. The best part about this job is that they are very accommodating about your availability.
Productive, innovative
Research Associate, Mechanical Engineer, EPIC (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2018
It was nice working with the research team at UNCC. It encouraged me to work hard in my life. People were nice and welcoming. They gave me respect and included me in their team easily.
Great Student-Employee Oppourtunity
Assistant to Associate Director of Business (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2018
Loved working here as a student. Got to spend time working on myself professionally in a safe space where the management was encouraging and supported my academics as well.
I love it!
Adjunct Marketing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2018
I enjoy the overall academics culture at UNCC. The flexibility and support team are fantastic! It's a great school to both attend and also be employed.
Uncc
3rd Shift Building Environmental Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2018
Fast pace environment. Team work is essential. Essential employees required to come to work in all weather conditions.
Benefits begin beginning of the next month.
Shoes and uniforms provided.
Gathering take place so you can socialise with other employees.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Managers were very negative to the supervisor.
People make the differance
Business and Technology Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2018
A great place to work and feel like you make a difference. The people that work here are like one big happy family. Everyone typically cares about what they do.
Pros
flexible and good environment
Cons
advancement opportunities and raises
Great institution
Education Librarian (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2018
UNC Charlotte is exploding! Each year there are more and more students attending so there is much to do. The administrative is supportive, the professional development opportunities are plentiful, and the benefits are top notch.
I worked my tail off cleaning tables of filthy students, every day for a weekly amount of $150/week.
Orderly (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2018
I worked my tail off cleaning tables of filthy students, and taking out the heavy bags of trash, every day for a weekly amount of $150/week. It was not worth it in my opinion. The only good thing about my old job was my manager was quite attractive.
Pros
Beautiful manager, who dressed up everyday
Cons
Work and pay balance was horrible, </3
nice place to work
FM-Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2019
this job was so easy all you had to do was come to work and not lay out of work like a lot of co workers would do. I worked nights and I loved it! I would love to go back to work here.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
had to walk a long way to get to assigned building
productive and great employees
TEACHER'S ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 11, 2018
A typical day at work would start early in the morning teaching students from 8am-11am. Review lesson plans, gave quizzes, also implemented disciplinary approaches to problems in class. Hold after office hours for students with questions about class.
Manager
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2018
Some manager are not fear when it comes to employees at work. They take the word of others over their own employees. They show favoritism over employees.