University of North Carolina at Charlotte Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2019
the work was good, people around me were good, worked on some challenging projects, enjoyed my time working with some highly skilled people. really a place to be
nice place to work
FM-Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2019
this job was so easy all you had to do was come to work and not lay out of work like a lot of co workers would do. I worked nights and I loved it! I would love to go back to work here.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
had to walk a long way to get to assigned building
Job stability and advancement opportunities
Assistant Director of Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 22, 2018
A university that offers lots for the employee and encourages growth and development. You can continue your education at a minimal charge as an employee and also apply that to your next career move!
Great Learning Experience
Art Gallery Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 20, 2018
I really enjoyed the corporate experience I learned as a new intern, and everyone was very nice but pushed me! I was forced to step out of my comfort zone and learn new programs.
Pros
Paid Internship
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive, innovative
Research Associate, Mechanical Engineer, EPIC (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2018
It was nice working with the research team at UNCC. It encouraged me to work hard in my life. People were nice and welcoming. They gave me respect and included me in their team easily.
productive and great employees
TEACHER'S ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 11, 2018
A typical day at work would start early in the morning teaching students from 8am-11am. Review lesson plans, gave quizzes, also implemented disciplinary approaches to problems in class. Hold after office hours for students with questions about class.
Great mission of educating students.
BSC (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 6, 2018
There are some great people performing excellent work there. I don't want to generalize too broadly, as the work culture in which I worked may not have been the same in other parts of the university. Across campus, there are often job vacancies, which offers opportunities for growth and advancement, but it also means that in the interim other employees are required to pick up those duties. They typically receive no additional compensation for doing so.
Pros
Job security and a good work/life balance.
Cons
Underpaid.
Its a school, not a permanent job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2018
UNC Charlotte has a friendly atmosphere. As a student I had enough time to learn and have a good social life. It all depends on your advisor with whom you work with.
Manager
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2018
Some manager are not fear when it comes to employees at work. They take the word of others over their own employees. They show favoritism over employees.
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 27, 2018
A large university that has grown over the last 6 years to become a leader. I enjoyed working here and would highly recommend it to others as a great place to work
A comfortable campus
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2018
There are a lot of events that take place on campus for employees to participate in. The job was good. The pay was mediocre. I did witness some unfairness.
Cons
No employee parking for free
Productive and Fun Place to Work
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 15, 2018
This company is great to work for. Everyone is very pleasant and helpful. Management is always there to guide you whenever necessary. The best part about this job is that they are very accommodating about your availability.
Great University
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 11, 2018
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is a great place to be a student and work. I have worked as a teaching assistant (TA) while attending graduate school, and my experience has been nothing slight of amazing!
I love it!
Adjunct Marketing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2018
I enjoy the overall academics culture at UNCC. The flexibility and support team are fantastic! It's a great school to both attend and also be employed.
Great Student-Employee Oppourtunity
Assistant to Associate Director of Business (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2018
Loved working here as a student. Got to spend time working on myself professionally in a safe space where the management was encouraging and supported my academics as well.
I worked my tail off cleaning tables of filthy students, every day for a weekly amount of $150/week.
Orderly (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2018
I worked my tail off cleaning tables of filthy students, and taking out the heavy bags of trash, every day for a weekly amount of $150/week. It was not worth it in my opinion. The only good thing about my old job was my manager was quite attractive.
Pros
Beautiful manager, who dressed up everyday
Cons
Work and pay balance was horrible, </3
Loved it!
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28223October 30, 2018
Working at UNC at Charlotte was by far, one of the best places I've ever worked at. The staff is very professional, friendly, and customer-service oriented.
Very good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2018
Good place to study and learn. It has very good atmosphere to learn and implement the knowledge. Very helpful faculty members to learn the new concepts.
Great team to work with!
Niner Guide (Admissions Tour Guide) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 12, 2018
I really enjoy the team I work with, as well as the opportunity to work with college students. I also like how flexible the hours are around your class schedule.
Pros
flexible hours and create co-workers
Cons
Sometimes the shift can be very busy.
Good to work as GTA
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 27, 2018
I love to work as Graduate teaching assistant in UNCC.
I've learnt a lot with help of my Professor and Co-TA's.
It's a research oriented place where we can earn knowledge for future development