University of North Carolina at Greensboro Employee Reviews

My day
Asst. Director, Facilities and Game Operations (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 5, 2018
A typical day at work consists of facilities and operations of the softball fields. I am also responsible for painting and other sports operations. I do not feel like the upper management are looking to promote from within.
Great place to work!
Building Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 26, 2018
UNCG Facilities is a great place to work. The pay is very good and you will receive benefits as well as vacation and sick leave, even for part-time. I would recommend this job to anyone
Great workplace for a college student
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 13, 2018
College job in a computer lab. Opened and closed the computer lab. 20 hours a week. Checked emails and answered questions in the lab. Did lab reservations.
Great Place to Work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2018
Standard routines and projects. Great working with students and helping people pursue higher education. Departments do help each other in the workload.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 10, 2018
The overall experience of working at UNCG is good but my specific job, once I was past the first year, is extremely boring. If I stayed here for ten more years, I would still be doing the same tasks the same way, answering the same queries, etc. No professional growth at all.
Interesting and rewarding
CLINICAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 9, 2018
I enjoyed teaching NP students and visiting them in their clinical environment. I was able to offer additional treatment regimens for various patients and considered myself as a team leader.
Pros
Teaching students
Cons
Benefits/salary
Working
Stagehand (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 29, 2018
11/10. It was good to do while I was studying and as a person with a theatre background I enjoyed it. My boss was great and the people I worked with were also usually great
Temporary Graduate Assistant/Research Assistant
Graduate Assistant/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2018
Nice place for working during school. I worked 10 hours per week for the Graduate School of Nursing. It paid my tuition via a grant tuition waiver and stipend.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Great
Volunteer Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 23, 2018
Great company to volunteer for, helped me to better understand the material and review for the NCLEX while helping others, defininitely would recommend to others!
Time Commitment
Housing and Residence Life, Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2018
Be prepared to commit a lot of time while also balancing school and social life. However, you will learn how to do that very quickly and can be rewarding in the end.
Excellent work culture.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2018
Center of housing and Community Services is an excellent place to work. Your get exposure to various technologies and helps you to hone your people skills.
Friendly environment
Telefundraiser (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 19, 2018
Very sedentary job. The environment is friendly and supervisors constantly work to help you improve at your job by providing much advice on things you may need to work on.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
On-campus job, pays at the end of each month
I had a blast working camps there
Baseball Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 14, 2018
I only worked camps there and was not directly employed but it is a great atmosphere. Working with kids and seeing them grow as a baseball player was very satisfying. All of the coaches involved are great people!
Team work
Summer Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 30, 2018
Team work was an important aspect of this job. Everyone had a role to play. Others completed their share of the work load whereas others did not. Interaction with people was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
people interaction
Cons
unequal job distribution
very laid back
Study Hall Monitor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 30, 2018
Very laid back work environment. Management was okay for the most part, although some emails were sent late or not at all. I never felt included when changes occurred, I found would find out last minute.
Pros
Very laid back
Cons
Not enough hours
Overall working environment was pleasant
Medical and Health Program Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 30, 2018
As an employee in a grant funded position, I was limited to certain benefits such as job security. However, I worked in a field which was personally interesting and fueled my passion of public health.
fun but not enough hours
Volleyball Referee (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 10, 2018
I loved working here but they hired too many people and there weren't enough hours we were assigned to make it feel worth it to work there anymore. The time I did spend there was super fun and the job was easy.
Flexible hours for UNCG student workers but low pay
Production Assistant/Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 5, 2018
I've now worked there several years. When I began there was a garunteed pay raise of 25 cent per hour for each year you work there. I got a couple of raises but in recent years they've had changes occur in budget and management and have dialed back down to the starting $7.25. The work is easy,the hours are flexible, and the people are great. My only complaints are communication with bosses and the pay. When pay was dialed back, I wasn't informed, but I'm not offened by it. The only upsetting part is that I wasnt told about it. It's a student job, which for UNCG usually means it pays minimum wage. Honestly with the flexibility it's hard to complain about the pay. Overal, it's been a great job to come to and I love everyone there.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly workers, learning on site
Cons
Low pay and bad communication
Great environment
Programming assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 3, 2018
UNCG is very diverse, and it's a fun place to work at. You get to meet new people and learn new things everyday. They're very flexible with students schedules .
Fun experience
Research Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 25, 2018
for any intern this would be a great fun experience. will also be a good preview for what a job would be like in that career. good example of real world activities