University Of North Carolina Wilmington Employee Reviews

Great place to learn
Senior Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 27, 2018
My work as an intern at the university of north Carolina at Wilmington was very beneficial to my education. Nice peaceful atmosphere with good professors.
DIS- Biology Lab assistant
Biology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 23, 2018
It was a great experience and I was able to be included in very important research opportunities. I was also able to network with other scientist and research labs that correlated with our studies.
Pros
Networking, reseach opportunities
Cons
Traveling could sometimes hinder your schedule, but not too bad.
Toxic institutional environment predicated on a culture of fear. Student Affairs division over-functions and over-reacts to student needs/concerns in
Associate Director, Clinical Services (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 12, 2018
Overall not the healthiest place to work if you are an ethnic or racial minority. Work culture is fear based, and borderline unethical in it's efforts to "please" consumers.
Facilities Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 7, 2018
Great place to work. Its a great first job for students. They really put your education first before your job. Shifts are short and easy to give away when necessary
Student Focused
Business Officer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 26, 2018
The University of North Carolina Wilmington is a student focus campus with a sound financial standing. The future growth outlook of the campus is exceptional and the campus amenities match the sheer campus beauty. Location on the coast makes it a highly desirable location to work and learn.
Pros
Collaboration of Departments and Divisions, relaxed environment
Cons
Slow decision making
High pace production place to work
Prepress Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 17, 2018
Each day i would take in email job requests and convert them to job tickets and or estimates. then i would create files for new jobs and create proofs for the customer. as proofs return i ready them for printing. good place to work, lots of benefits. Management is weak.
Great place to work for benefits
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 15, 2018
Nice place to work to meet / see people daily
Great place to incorporate exercise into your day
Lots of interaction and growth potential
Great way to work towards higher education because it is free when you are employed
Pros
Benefits / Exercise / Meeting People
Cons
Low Salary
Student mentor
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 14, 2018
I enjoy this club the kids are nice and super smart and there are opportunities to join and compete for need-based scholarships which is really cool to be apart of
Productive and fun workplace
scan/fax/copy, email, mail run, organize (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 9, 2018
This work place is fun and good for any type of experience. It is also good for learning time management and learning how to balance a work/school/life management.
Pros
free coffee
Stable work environment
Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 5, 2018
State retirement and benefits were the bright spot of working at the university. The supervisors were less than desirable with no accountability. The pay was decent for the area.
Wonderful University
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 31, 2018
The University was a wonderful place to work. The professors and supervisors were great people to work with and under. There was always something to do and someone to be helpful for.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Offered flex time. My circle of colleagues were collaborative and supportive
Parking and Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 16, 2018
As a parking and transportation manager no 2 days were the same. It keeps you on your toes. You needed to react/respond to the university community. Had to learn how to manage time and people. I used a variety of skills: budgeting, strategic planning, customer service, facility management, security systems, data base management, financial management, forecasting revenues, community outreach, and event management
Pros
Good Benefits.Nice group of people to work with each day. Break between Christmas and New Years.
Cons
Beginning of school always high energy and demanding
Fun Place to Work
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 16, 2018
UNCW is a wonderful, beautiful campus with great staff!! The students are unique, as they mostly are recruited along the East Coast, but there is a nice population of abroad students that bring a nice change to the campus culture.
Pros
Laid back yet quick pace
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Graduate Assistantships are great opportunities
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 2, 2018
My experience with graduate assistantships were that you often receive close contact with professors, flexible schedules, and the position keeps in mind that school work comes first. This is not a position where you are likely to gain a huge amount of related job experience, but you will likely receive a fair amount of good recommendations and contacts for future positions.
Fantastic job for college student
Theater Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 10, 2017
great job to have on the side while attending college. Get to know more of the staff and student body and get involved in many campus events such as film festivals.
working in the CIS building
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 9, 2017
working at the college is a very nice place love the kids love what I do I sometimes have a problem with the head staff they said they help us go back to school I been here going in 7years and it seems as if I cant get ahead. I want to relocate so I can better myself
Up and coming college environment
Graduate Assistant, research mentor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 16, 2017
Enjoy the campus community. Administration is committed to advancement of university and supporting faculty and staff success. Students represent a variety of backgrounds, interests, and life paths.
Na
Director of Basketball Operations (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 8, 2017
Working at UNCW is one of the best things that I have ever done. I would work there again in a heart beat. I hope to get another chance to work at UNCW.
Great faculty
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 11, 2017
A great university for growth. Faculty was always available to help, and the department was always willing to give adjunct faculty many opportunities.
Great place to work.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 10, 2017
The University of North Carolina Wilmington is a great place to work. There is a feeling of nurturing for both the students and employees. The management if genuine and caring.