University of North Carolina Employee Review

View all University of North Carolina reviews

Gta
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 9, 2013
good experience working with your professors and offers more items for resume

Other University of North Carolina Employee Reviews

Great people, but state bureaucracy is debilitating in all areas
Technology Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 3, 2018
There was a great team atmosphere and the amount of collaboration to accomplish projects and to resolve issues was empowering, however the state bureaucracy is part of everything that happens there and must be therefore taken into account in everything you do.

Management worked to mitigate the bureaucracy, but the politics of the university make that a losing proposition.

The benefits of working for the stat are numerous, but compensation is typically less than private industry.

Overall, this an enjoyable place to work because of the people you work with. The team culture is definitely empowering and helps to make this a positive place to work.
Summer intern (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCMarch 27, 2018
I was a summer intern at the UNC Institute of Marine Science and loved my time there. The IMS community is very welcoming, friendly, and relaxed. I felt very connected with everyone and would reccomend the job to anyone looking to get experience or learn more about marine science research! And IMS has it all when it comes to research and top-tiered professors. I wish I was paid more, but I only had a temporary intern position. I also can’t complaint about being so close to the beach!
Pros
Cool location, friendly, tight community
Cons
Low pay