University of North Dakota Employee Reviews

Midnight Run
Building Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 20, 2018
Overnights at the university allowed me to set my own pace as long as work was completed with the time allowed. Family medical had no out of pocket expenses.
Pros
Overnight Schedule, Family Medical, Work at own Pace
Cons
Overnight Schedule
Strong nursing education program.
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 20, 2018
University of North Dakota provides solid education in nursing programs. The program demonstrates appropriate cultural sensitivity and flexibility to meet students' needs.
Very interesting position
Event Coordinator (Outreach Services) (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 1, 2018
I worked with the various research groups and set up workshops and conventions for them around the country. I facilitated after setting the event up, contracting with the facilities, ordering catering, obtaining lodging for participants, coordinating work crews to put together materials for each workshop. Contacted speakers and set up everything concerning the event. I would then travel to the site and facilitate.
Pros
Met interesting people and learned about many different things
Cons
Very long hours when preparing.
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 3, 2018
It was a fast pased job, it was fun to work with all my employees are all great and friendly, I liked getting to know everybody there, it was nice seeing all the students going to college, I liked the fact that it was always busy, which made time go faster
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The hours werent enough
Failed Institution
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 18, 2018
The University of North Dakota long stopped being an institution of learning and has quickly become a trade school for a few select programs. The leadership has failed the employees and students alike in the interest of appeasing state politicians with no regard to educational outcomes. As a result, the people at UND have internalized this practice and fight incessantly with each other (because they can't win battles with the administration or state). It's an institution full of tiny fiefdoms, fighting for the table scraps of the provost.

And for the privilege of working under that chaos, you also have to live in North Dakota.
JobTypical Academic
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 9, 2018
Good solid academic job. I brought in projects and worked on them. Easy pace. Good overall place to work, especially if you are an academic. No problems with management.
Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 6, 2018
the research assistant experience was really great. I learnt lot of things from my advisors and my collogues. people in north Dakota are very nice and hardworking
Research lab experience
Research Lab Tech, (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 28, 2018
Worked in a research lab. Profession was very knowledgeable, willing to teach and encouraging. Lots of motivation to learn research tools and techniques.
Fun work Place
Dishroom Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 19, 2018
In the dishroom you dispose of peoples food and wash the dishes. It's pretty self explanatory. The managers are all nice but it is kind of hard to find someone to take your shift.
Great college job
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 14, 2018
Working with CILT was a great way to earn some experience while in school. Coworkers were other students who were majoring in a technology field and our managers were fulltime employees who were technology specialists.

Want to know more about University of North Dakota?

Ask a question
The work environment is dependent upon your supervisor.
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 12, 2018
In my position the work day is as flexible as your supervisor allows it to be. The feeling in the work environment is therefor dependent upon the attitude of your supervisor.
Pros
Flexible Schedule/.
Cons
Depending on your supervisor.
nice people, bad weather
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 31, 2018
It was very nice place to work. people who work there were very kind. Stress less place.salary was US average. Very very bad weather in winter. some time less than -40.
Fun place and knowledgable people
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 14, 2018
Worked under my academic advisor and his colleague. The work consisted of generating mass and energy balances for a customer who had contacted my advisor.
Good place to work as a student
Box Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 6, 2018
I worked at the Chester Fritz Auditorium in the Box Office and helped sell tickets for upcoming shows. It was a very laid back position with consistent scheduling every week, and my boss was very understanding and flexible about letting me take time off to work on my schoolwork. I was also able to do whatever I wanted when I wasn't helping customers (watch Netflix, work on homework, etc.). Definitely recommend if you have a busy school load but want to have a little money on the side.
Great place to be a student researcher
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 18, 2018
The professors were amazing at helping to guide me through my research. They were there every step of the way and really helped motivate me in the right direction.
Pros
Great environment
fun workplace
Mechanical Engineering Student (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 17, 2018
i'm A mechanical Engineering Student in University of north Dakota. I'm in Senior Year, The university provide excellent experience of high level education.
Not worth it
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Squires dining centerApril 16, 2018
Only worked there for 1 school year due to lack of vehicle, did not work with class schedule and was not allowed to go home for days off school. They claimed they work with your schedule until something happens and they don't work with it.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not working with schedule
Nerve wracking
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 5, 2018
With the condition of the State of North Dakota's budget, you never know if your position will be terminated. Decisions of which programs are cut or kept are not very transparent.
Pros
Good benifits and salary
Cons
Unstable
Nice working place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 2, 2018
A friendly place to work and study. Rules and regulation maintain properly for the students and employe. There are different research team. People easily can improve their knowledge through working with their team.
What you learned
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 1, 2018
Developed MATLAB code, Start off from scratch but by the end of the semester developed a couple algorithms in MATLAB to help with our research. Learned a lot.