University of North Dakota Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Squires dining centerApril 16, 2018
Only worked there for 1 school year due to lack of vehicle, did not work with class schedule and was not allowed to go home for days off school. They claimed they work with your schedule until something happens and they don't work with it.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not working with schedule
Nerve wracking
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 5, 2018
With the condition of the State of North Dakota's budget, you never know if your position will be terminated. Decisions of which programs are cut or kept are not very transparent.
Pros
Good benifits and salary
Cons
Unstable
Nice working place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 2, 2018
A friendly place to work and study. Rules and regulation maintain properly for the students and employe. There are different research team. People easily can improve their knowledge through working with their team.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 27, 2018
UND is a good place to work. Budget issues have been a state wide issue as of late.Make sure to research the department that you are going to work in for long term stability.
As A Chef at Wilkerson Dining Center,
Building Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 26, 2018
I learned how to prep, do inventory and operate in nine different concepts in the kitchen. It required fast pace work and good communication with your co-workers to operate on a daily basis.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful environment
ideas are valued
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 20, 2018
The position I held was a grant funded program. The school was supportive of staff development and allowed you to attend classes that pertained to your position.
really enjoyable!
Admission Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 19, 2018
got to show incoming students and parents the college and all the sweet things there are at this school. Events and general information while we walked around the campus.
Pros
free lunches/work-life balance
Cons
pay
A job that is perfect for a student
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 19, 2018
As a student at the University of North Dakota, I am employed by the University through a Federal Work Study. I work 10 hours a week performing basic assistant duties. The job is slow-paced, and provides students with an opportunity to gain experience.
Good campus
Computer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 2, 2018
Well The school was nice and all I just wish I had done some more Research because I really had no idea the state could get that cold during my first year.
大学
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 12, 2018
这是我的本科和研究生读的大学,我在此大学担任过数个职位,但都是与教育行业相关。工作环境舒适,压力不大,但通过工作能提升自我。
I love it here
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 23, 2017
I perform research at this University and love my experience so far! There is a great work-life balance, and the schedule is flexible. I basically set my own schedule for performing research.
Office Assistant, Department of Civil Engineering (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 15, 2017
The University of North Dakota has great management. Their Communication is great will all employees. Their are always so friendly and positive at all times.
I went to school here and worked as a TA
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 11, 2017
Good place to go to school. I went to school there as and undergraduate and graduate student in Physics. I learned a lot about physics there and have applied it to my job in industrial automation.
Great benefits and great people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 23, 2017
UND is a great place to work and they provide benefits for full time staff. Internal candidates are given first opportunity for open positions. UND is an equal opportunity employer.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 20, 2017
I love it here. My boss is great. I am only leaving to pursue a career in a completely unrelated field. My boss works around my schedule, is very respectful, and is just a great person both to work for and in general.
nice place
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 16, 2017
UND is a great place to work. my coworkers were friends and family for me. They were very kind, and easily to work with...the communication was great.
Future looks better than the past
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 11, 2017
The University is being led by a new president. The school is focusing on actually being a high level university, which is good. Prior to this UND lacked ambitious leadership and was a just a middling University following a pattern of attracting mediocre students and providing mediocre education (not including aviation and medicine, those have always been top notch programs). The school recently cut a few programs, but the reality is that the school is looking to focus resources to strategic initiatives that can actually make the school competitive on a broader scale. The research environment is improving and resources are being allocated to technologies, entrepreneurship, and research areas that actually have cutting edge market value. Benefits are amazing. Good place to work, the most negative thing about UND is having to live in Grand Forks, ND. Grand Forks is not a bad place in and of itself, it just doesn't inspire you geographically or climate-wise. It is inconveniently located basically in the middle of nowhere.
Pros
Ralph Engelstad Arena, Hockey
Cons
Grand Forks
A Students Life
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 26, 2017
As a graduate student, you were a slave to the department. The work was not difficult by any means as we taught three, 3 hour labs a week. The pay was meager but so were our needs as students. A tight bond existed between the graduate students in the department.
Pros
the work environment
Cons
pay
Fun Ping Pong table and relaxed environment
Researcher and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 13, 2017
Research is progressive and teaching is rewarding. Many free events to attend and major discounts added to tuition if one plans on attending classes again.
Productive, fun learning environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDAugust 21, 2017
I took several classes which benefits my future career. Members in our department were very easy going and relaxed, but also productive and efficient at providing feedback.