University of North Dakota
Happiness rating is 75 out of 100

University of North Dakota Employee Reviews

United States150 reviews

dakotauniversitynorthstudentgraduateclassteachingassistant

Great stipend for grad students

Stipend is high compared to other universities. Overall a nice school to get a degree. Only struggle is internal paperwork- never know when things are due or that they even exist.

Great Place to Work

The environment is great and really fun to work at, and is a great job for students who are doing their flight training. I'd highly recommend working with UND Aerospace

University of North Dakota insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Stressful

The benifits are the only good thing.Being a supervisor not so much. They want things to be done but they dont have good cleanimg products. Employees can get away with whatever they want. As a supervisor we are Sheriff's with empty guns and the staff knows they are empty.

Pros

Benifits

Cons

Pay

Good place to work if you’re a college student but you don’t make a lot of money

UND is a good place to work but the management is known for being spotty. They say they will do something and they don’t. The culture is nice considering you are working with younger adults and it is nice to relate to people. I personally enjoyed my job as a Resident Manager for UND but it got old quickly due to false promises.

Pros

Flexibility!! Shifts based on your class schedule Work culture, good people

Cons

Spotty management Can ask more than what you’re paid for.

Great welcoming job culture

The ob culture is welcoming and inviting. Although not a lot of diversity, I have still felt included and recognized. Pay is good, annual raises and great benefits.

Senior daycare center

My comments about this school is that it is a inbreeding (staffs and faculties related by bound or blood) senior (no pension cap, so everyone works to the day they drop) daycare (in the end, people spend time deal with the mass left by this kind unhealthy work environment and their important others) center

Pros

If you have relatives working there holding important positions

Cons

If you don't

Fun job with great coworkers

A nice, laid back job with lots of flexibility. A great job for someone who is good with people. Management is great, but some of the higher-ups can be difficult to work with. Overall, I can't complain about the work environment.

Pros

Great coworkers/management, fun job, easy to do

Cons

Unfair compensation at times, minimal resources

Great benefits......but that's it

Most people working at UND are there because of the health insurance coverage and retirement benefits. As an employee you get treated like a second class individual. I needed a day off to take care of one of my step kids and the supervisor told me..."do you really need time off? They aren't really your kids." I wrote a letter to the HR department about that and shortly after that I got written up for taking the time off. I quit after that. I wasn't there for the benefits and I found a much better and better paying job. I'm not saying ALL positions are horrible at UND, but most are.

Benefits

Cons

Lack of decent leadership

Great Job

Good job with good pay. I get to work from home. The managers are very friendly and helpful. We work as a team and split the work up pretty fairly. Definitely a good temporary job.

A poorly run institution that only values profit

They offer tuition benefits so if you're working on a degree it's not a bad deal, but the environment pays lip service to inclusion while upholding a culture of white supremacy and enabling abuse

Pros

Tuition benefits

Cons

Racism, cuthroat nature of colleagues

Very poor management.

Poor management! Pay was extremely low. The University seems to feel that your time spent teaching students should not cost them anything. They expect you to donate huge amounts of time for free. Support staff did not assist so you basically did the secretary work yourself and they were extremely rude!’ It’s also an old boys club!

Pros

Working with students

Cons

Very poor pay

Great people except for 2 disgruntled employees, who reported to me.

10.00Overall good except 2 disgruntled employees. Good working environment. Great boss!Good office.Friendly people.Liked working with students.

Pros

Great people!

Cons

Two disgruntled employees.

Great Place to Learn

Great place to be a graduate assistant. Flexibility to complete duties between class schedules. Opportunity to learn from renowned professionals. Given a wide range of tasks to complete and the opportunity to work with others across the University.

Pros

Flexibility, culture

Cons

Na

If your buddy buddy with the management you can run an airplane into the dirt and not get fired

The amount of stuff that happened at the Phoenix location is ridiculous there was instructors that were too busy flirting with their students to notice that the airplane was about to end up in a ditch. There's instructors who hack into the scheduling system so that they can overbook airplanes and then use the coverage email to find students to put in those airplanes as opposed to scheduling students in airplanes. They force people into positions they don't want to be in and don't award people those same exact positions that actually want to do it. They promote 19-year-olds to management who have had no experience managing anyone and wonder why things don't operate smoothly. Also if you try and hold students to the standard during stage checks you get yelled at for only having a 30% pass rate on the stage checks that you administer but your students pass stage checks on the first try all the time.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Poorly managed standards aren't upheld

Flexible hours, many job opportunities and diverse experiences

It's a great place to get flexible hours with new and well maintained aircraft. the Management staff has a great surplus of aviation and company knowledge and helped me when I had any questions or predicaments. benefits are only accessible to MEI instructors unfortunately, but they always put safety and your needs first. It's a fun environment and enjoyed working there everyday.

Productive and social

The hours are flexible and the bosses are understanding . There is always someone to help you if you don't understand something . You can work and take classes , which is beneficial .

Very flexible hours

It's my work study so, they don't really care if I can't make it in that day or shift. Management at Hughes is cool, though I haven't learned much. I'm usually just tired there and can play Minecraft or do homework whenever I want. Everyone is usually friendly

Fun workplace, plenty of food to eat

Yeah, if you're hungry before work or even afterwards, you won't be! The head boss comes down and appears as if he has never seen what all of the other cooks do. I doubt he knows the difference between a frying pan and a deep fryer, but that's my opinion

Pros

Free food, I didn't have a lot of supervision as I knew what I was doing, The boss didn't hover over me as if I wasn't doing my job and it was a decent place to work

Cons

Cliques, part time, not enough hours, students who do not take pride in their work or show up on time, no work in the summer, okay sick time, some heavy lifting, sometimes no one will help, too many no shows

Productive and fun place.

Good health benefits -Friendly and helpful employees/management -Slow paced field training with other techs. Salary is less compared to similar other oppertunities.

Productive and Fun Workplace

Teaching Composition classes and doing my research work. How to be supportive and respectful. It has one of the best management I have ever seen. The workplace culture is super friendly. Working with Graduate cohorts and with the professors.

Diversity of people

Good environment to work at. There are a diversity of people there and a very goo company which help you to boost your knowledge and experience. You should work under pressure and managing time to feel happy.

Common questions about University of North Dakota

Answered by current and former employees at University of North Dakota

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of North Dakota. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.1
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
2.0Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight