University of North Dakota Employee Reviews

Great college job
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 14, 2018
Working with CILT was a great way to earn some experience while in school. Coworkers were other students who were majoring in a technology field and our managers were fulltime employees who were technology specialists.
The work environment is dependent upon your supervisor.
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 12, 2018
In my position the work day is as flexible as your supervisor allows it to be. The feeling in the work environment is therefor dependent upon the attitude of your supervisor.
Pros
Flexible Schedule/.
Cons
Depending on your supervisor.
nice people, bad weather
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 31, 2018
It was very nice place to work. people who work there were very kind. Stress less place.salary was US average. Very very bad weather in winter. some time less than -40.
Fun place and knowledgable people
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 14, 2018
Worked under my academic advisor and his colleague. The work consisted of generating mass and energy balances for a customer who had contacted my advisor.
Good place to work as a student
Box Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 6, 2018
I worked at the Chester Fritz Auditorium in the Box Office and helped sell tickets for upcoming shows. It was a very laid back position with consistent scheduling every week, and my boss was very understanding and flexible about letting me take time off to work on my schoolwork. I was also able to do whatever I wanted when I wasn't helping customers (watch Netflix, work on homework, etc.). Definitely recommend if you have a busy school load but want to have a little money on the side.
Great place to be a student researcher
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 18, 2018
The professors were amazing at helping to guide me through my research. They were there every step of the way and really helped motivate me in the right direction.
Pros
Great environment
fun workplace
Mechanical Engineering Student (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 17, 2018
i'm A mechanical Engineering Student in University of north Dakota. I'm in Senior Year, The university provide excellent experience of high level education.
Not worth it
Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Squires dining centerApril 16, 2018
Only worked there for 1 school year due to lack of vehicle, did not work with class schedule and was not allowed to go home for days off school. They claimed they work with your schedule until something happens and they don't work with it.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not working with schedule
Nerve wracking
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 5, 2018
With the condition of the State of North Dakota's budget, you never know if your position will be terminated. Decisions of which programs are cut or kept are not very transparent.
Pros
Good benifits and salary
Cons
Unstable
Nice working place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 2, 2018
A friendly place to work and study. Rules and regulation maintain properly for the students and employe. There are different research team. People easily can improve their knowledge through working with their team.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 27, 2018
UND is a good place to work. Budget issues have been a state wide issue as of late.Make sure to research the department that you are going to work in for long term stability.
As A Chef at Wilkerson Dining Center,
Building Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 26, 2018
I learned how to prep, do inventory and operate in nine different concepts in the kitchen. It required fast pace work and good communication with your co-workers to operate on a daily basis.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful environment
ideas are valued
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 20, 2018
The position I held was a grant funded program. The school was supportive of staff development and allowed you to attend classes that pertained to your position.
really enjoyable!
Admission Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 19, 2018
got to show incoming students and parents the college and all the sweet things there are at this school. Events and general information while we walked around the campus.
Pros
free lunches/work-life balance
Cons
pay
A job that is perfect for a student
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 19, 2018
As a student at the University of North Dakota, I am employed by the University through a Federal Work Study. I work 10 hours a week performing basic assistant duties. The job is slow-paced, and provides students with an opportunity to gain experience.
Good campus
Computer Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDFebruary 2, 2018
Well The school was nice and all I just wish I had done some more Research because I really had no idea the state could get that cold during my first year.
大学
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 12, 2018
这是我的本科和研究生读的大学,我在此大学担任过数个职位,但都是与教育行业相关。工作环境舒适,压力不大,但通过工作能提升自我。
I love it here
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 23, 2017
I perform research at this University and love my experience so far! There is a great work-life balance, and the schedule is flexible. I basically set my own schedule for performing research.
Office Assistant, Department of Civil Engineering (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 15, 2017
The University of North Dakota has great management. Their Communication is great will all employees. Their are always so friendly and positive at all times.
I went to school here and worked as a TA
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 11, 2017
Good place to go to school. I went to school there as and undergraduate and graduate student in Physics. I learned a lot about physics there and have applied it to my job in industrial automation.