University of North Florida Employee Reviews

Excellent Job
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2018
Working for the University of North Florida as an ESL Instructor has by far been the greatest job I have ever had. My work environment is wonderful and so are the people I work with.
Great enviornment
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 13, 2018
As a student, working on campus was flexible. Managers encouraged study time and skill building. The hours, however, were limited since UNF has a policy that students cannot work full time.
Highly Liberal and Academically Stimulating Environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2018
The Department of Criminology has very highly qualified staff that have a wide range of both practical experience and academic interests. Overall the experience seemed very loose with little to no structure. The Courses are very fulfilling buy the job portion of my Graduate Teaching Assistant position was very unorganized (However to be fair it is a very new position.)
Great opportunity to work with professors
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 20, 2018
Working as a Grad Assistant at UNF is a great opportunity to work closely with professors. They are very supportive and professional. They also give tuition reimbursement.
Good Experience
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 19, 2018
Good experience. Lots of interesting stuff going on. Very qualified people there. Would recommend to a friend. Many cool conferences and generates lots of data.
Great school and professors
Undergraduate Research Student (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 13, 2018
Great school and professors. Got to be full time student all three semesters to graduate on time. Beautiful campus. A lot of resources and opportunity for students
I love my alamater
Supervisor, Thomas G. Carpenter Library (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 5, 2018
I have no bad thing to say about the University of North Florida. They were the best years of my life as a student and staff member. I was inspired to study higher education leadership in graduate school because I loved it at UNf so much!
Beneficial to students
IEP Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 1, 2018
Assist with writing a business plan for a local entrepreneur. Flexible hours and program is designed to benefit students wising to study entrepreneurship/business.
Fun and productive
FRONT DESK SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2018
UNF has some wonderful employees. Though I only worked in my position as a work study student, I never felt unwelcome, and the things I did for the professors were fun and enlightening.
Teachers Assistant
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 18, 2018
As the teachers assistant during graduate school I assisted with research for papers and books. I enjoyed the teacher I worked with and learned a lot from the experience.
Productive and fun working environment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2018
I worked as a Teacher Assistant for only few months but l really learn a lot working there, since l had access to a pc all the time to do my researc and reading
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2018
The University of North Florida's HRL resident assistant position is a great place to gain new and useful skills. At first it is unswerving but you learn as you go with a great staff.
Pros
free 5 meal, free room and board
Cons
long work hours plus school
Advancement minimal
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 12, 2018
UNF's unwillingness to allow promotion without a degree, regardless of experience, is stifling and short-sided. Much talent lost due to this policy, which results in bottom of the barrel new hires.
Gives me experience in the working field
Special Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Working at the UNF field house gives me experience since it is my first job. It gives me the opportunity to work with other people and learn about what happens when you are working.
Pros
experience
Cons
not enough days
Great Environment
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 31, 2018
This is a very supportive environment where they put people first. Self-care is encouraged and collaborative tasks are essential. It's a great team and a wonderful place to work. Everyone supports ambitious desires and celebrates your successes, professional and personal.
Pros
Supportive Environment
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Some things I was required of on the job
Intern (Former Employee) –  Office of Parent and Family ProgramsJanuary 31, 2018
Event Management
Social Media Promotion
Design and copy for calendar, handbook, etc.
typical day at work consisted of working in the office at the computer.
It was fine
Pep band Member (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2018
It was fine. I played in the pepband and made fifteen dollars per game. It was great being able to go to all the basketball games and get paid for it.
Federal Work Study
Federal Work Study (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 13, 2018
I worked for the University of North Florida in 2 positions. One during the Spring 2017 semester & Fall 2017 semester, I loved working in both departments. You had to meet the requirements in order to work as a federal work study student, which was 6 credit hours or 2 classes.
Fine for Assisting
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 18, 2017
I think the place has some really important tasks. However, even though I'm a graduate and alumn from UNF, I couldn't even get a full time job there. Don't expect to advance here.
Pros
Work on campus, cool people
Cons
Lack of Advancement, Wages
Fun place as long as you like to work.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 18, 2017
With the new tech., jobs are easier then ever to create or do. Primarily you do preventive maint. and corrective maint.. You work mostly indoors but on occasion you might be outside all day. Some management is good. However at times the big bosses want to get into the act and they don't know anything about maintenance. Hardest part of the job for me is the interaction with so many different types of people. It is hard at times to communicate with some people because they can't quite understand why the job takes so long to do. I do however like that some people do understand and will work with you to get things done in a timely manner.
Pros
Christmas bonus and alot of free lunches.
Cons
Putting up with big bosses.