University of North Texas at Dallas Employee Reviews

Productive and fun, fast-paced workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2018
Great job for a student assistant who still lives with parents. 20 hours a week, in a fun environment on campus. You get to know a lot of people and get to connect with students on a academic level as well as on a personal level
Productive and easy going
Math Tutor / Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2018
friendly management with a true open door policy. Position there was as a student so the job was temporary but received lots of help from peers and management for outside job opportunities
Great work environment for up and coming student workers
IT Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2018
Working there for the past two years I have grown a lot not just as a person, but also in my skill set as an aspiring IT professional. This was a platform towards that goal I am trying to achieve in the IT career field.
Productive and fun place to work!
Residence Life Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 1, 2018
I absolutely love this place! Excellent academic institution. Excellent department. Excellent interpersonal department relationships. It was an honor and joy to work here.
Very low student level.
Adj. Professor of Teacher Education (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Just a few adjectives/statements which reflect my experience:
Many students' reading-writing skills at a 6th-grade level
Math skills are abysmal
Favoritism
Administrators display aggressive behavior
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Too many to mention
chaotic leadership
Associate VP Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2018
the atmosphere was chaotic with more emphasis on process that progress or accomplishment.
most enjoyable part was working with energetic young professionals eager to learn and in providing marketing communications strategies and collateral that produced results.
Pros
start up institution where marketing communications initiatives produced results
Cons
leadership caused chaos
Very relaxed and fits your inividual schedule
STUDENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75241January 10, 2018
You work hours based on your school schedule. Job is consistent of note taking duties. Management was exceptional. The workplace culture was very tolerant.
Pros
Work scheduled around your schedule
Cons
Work under 20 hours
It was okay
Information Technology Help Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2017
I got this part-time job while I was attending classes at UNT Dallas. I wanted to make some extra money while I was attending school and learn some new job skills at the same time.
Has Great Potential
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2017
When I was first employed at UNT Dallas, the environment was warm and inviting. In 2013, new administration came and the climate did a 180. The good news is that UNT Dallas has new administration and is continuing to grow. It has great potential to be an excellent university in an urban area.
productive workplace
Student Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2017
working here showed how important it is to work well as a team. here I learned to be humble. the hardest part of the job was leaving. management was very helpful.
ok place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2017
ok place to work. It is located in Dallas, TX. Most of the people that work here are very nice and personable. The pay is below what most Universities pay.
Up and Coming University in Need of A Lot of Structure
Director - Undergraduate Admissions & Orientation (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2017
The hardest part of working at UNT Dallas is the lack of resources available to employees. Most employees do several jobs and are not always provided with the tools to be successful and meet expectations. However, for a young employee who is willing to work hard, there are a lot of opportunities to learn and be exposed to several different aspects of higher education.
great school
Criminal Justice (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2014
best place for an education
loved every minute of it
great teachers
students are great
Pros
great teachers
Cons
schedule
Typical Academic Environment
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 29, 2014
In many ways, UNT-Dallas is a typical university. Professors teach and do research, lecturers teach, and adjuncts are exploited. Office politics dominates, meaning you will do well if you can brown-nose and you will be run off if you simply want to do your work. Doing a good job isn't rewarded; sucking up is rewarded. But this is not a problem with UNT-Dallas alone, to be honest; no, it is a problem with any place dominated by bureaucrats. They are there to waste as much money as possible and drive the real workers into the ground. The perks are of course office hours during which you can do your research -- if you are tenure track. They do offer good health insurance -- if you are full time. The job would be good and enjoyable if it weren't for the backstabbing co-workers and bureaucrats.
Fair
Student Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Management is professional and trusting, the work load is bearable and my co-workers stick together.
Continuing and Recent Graduates helping each other networking
I.T. On-Site Generalist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2013
This is a great place to start off being a recent graduate. Located downtown the university is flexible when it comes to interviewing and growing the personal network to Dallas businesses.
This is where I have gained most of my knowledge for my career.
Sociology Major (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2013
A typical day at work would include a consistent schedule for the children to follow. I have learned that some things will change and it very good to be able to multi-task. My co-workers enjoy my humor. It makes the day flow smoother. I enjoy being a teacher assistant because I am able to help and teach our future doctors, lawyers, and successful children.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
part time hours are not always offered for students like me
Fun
Jaguar Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2012
I enjoyed meeting and talking with many of the prospective students. It was a great job and I really liked it.
Receptionist , share an office, myself and another occupant lively atmosphere, rotated between office and front desk duties
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 14, 2012
A typical day at work:
Researching and recruiting students, high scools, colleges, and universities. Searched information by phone and internet/computer. Sent out imporant information to students and staff eletronically and maunually. Multi-tasking, inbound and out bound calls. Help organize and prepare for events i.e., Graduate Admissions Information Sessions. Data entry.

What I learned:
I learn the importance of multi-tasking, organization, and the imporantance of timeliness.

Your co workers:
I ver much loved and enjoyed my co workers, They made coming to work a joy. They were concerned with my well being, and they were hard workers with an awesome sense of humor.

The hardest part of the job:
Dead times

The most enjoyable part of the job:
Pros
worked excellent with my school schedule, co workers, enviornment
Cons
no health care and pay