University of North Texas Health Science Center

University of North Texas Health Science Center Employee Reviews

Positive people experiences
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 13, 2018
Direct management cares about growth and personal happiness. Variety of projects allows you to build an array of skills. Some monotony to the day to day work, but that's to be expected.
Pros
People, work/life balance
Cons
collaboration with other departments needs improvement
Administrative Coordinator
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 19, 2018
A typical day - Assisted Chair, Professors and Students as needed.
Filed reimbursements, scheduled travel, managed calendars, set up meetings, ordered catering, time entry, sorted and distributed mail, answered phone,

Learned - to use multiple different funding sources, how and when to use them.
About Physical Therapy, Student needs, curriculum, etc.

Management - was good, everyone got along.

Workplace culture - a little different than anywhere I had worked before, wide range of age, ethnicity, etc.

Hardest part of job - occasionally there would be a lot to do, deadlines, everyone under pressure, would become a bit stressful

Enjoyable part of job - helping others get through stressful situations.
Pros
Great parking, nice office space.
Cons
Difficult to work lunch in at times or take a break
University of North Texas
Supervisor - HIM Training Department (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 14, 2018
At the University of North Texas Health Science Center has a great culture and very enjoyable work place to work. The Management was a great resource and mentor for our department.
Unthsc
Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 7, 2018
I've loved working at UNTHSC. No university is perfect, but I do feel that the administration sincerely tries to live the values of the institution. I've been a part of a great team.
Home
Community Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2018
UNT Health Science Center was/is home for me. I started off as a temp there and worked my way up so it will always be a special place for me. The employee that I am to today is attributed to UNTHSC.
Good place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 6, 2018
It's been a good experience as a graduate student. The school has 'evolved' in the last few years- there is still a lot to improve on. But there's intent to do the right thing and a vision for next few years.
productive environment
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 28, 2018
I learned a lot of lab techniques working in at the UNT Health Science Center. The grad students and assistants were very helpful and informative. There was diversity, which was good to experience and allowed me to share in different cultures. I met life long friends by participating in this program.
Productive and encouraging work environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 19, 2018
Like every workplace, there are some complaints, but at the end of the day, I truly enjoyed working here! Any negative comments I have are entirely associated with people on my team, rather than the system.
Contract Employee
Certified Nurse Midwife Chart Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 2, 2018
My position at UNTHSC is a contract, telecommuting position. I have contact with 2 full-time UNTHSC employees.
I have found these two employees to be very focused to assure I have all the tools I need to perform my work for them. They are also very supportive emotionally and personally.
Stressful and Non-Supportive
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Discrimination is a way of life at this Organization! In addition, cultural competency among management at this organization is non-existent! I am surprised that there has not been more law suits against this organization than their is!
Pros
They employ people!
Cons
Discrimination

Want to know more about University of North Texas Health Science Center?

Ask a question
Great workplace culture
Enrollment Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2018
The University of North Texas Health Science Center is a great place to work and focused on employee satisfaction. There are many opportunities to join organizations to keep employees involved. This is a very friendly diverse work culture.
Graduate Research Assistant
G raduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 8, 2018
I worked for the department of family medicine and physical therapy as a graduate research assistant. I was responsible for recruiting participants, collect data and manage the data.
Too many changes--not student focused
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Major changes in leadership
Little contact between administration and adjunct faculty
Little contact between full time and part time faculty
Decisions don't seem to be made with the student in mind or for the betterment of the educational process
Pros
convenient
Cons
Very beaurocratic
Community Outreach
Community Outreach Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 9, 2017
The University of North Texas Health Science Center is a great organization. Friendly environment on campus. Extremely grateful to work with an amazing team. Looking forward to continue to reach out to the community.
Great team to work with.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 21, 2017
Program works with and supports community based organizations at the forefront of providing services to prevent/lower teen pregnancies and premature death of infants.
Excellent Work Experience
Institutional Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 10, 2017
I enjoyed working at the university and learned an immense amount of knowledge from both of my superiors while there. The culture was excellent and I highly recommend it to anyone seeking a long-term career.
Pros
Very engaging environment
Cons
State budget restrictions can impact growth
Great Culture
Executive Director of Leader Development (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 23, 2017
UNTHSC has a good organizational culture with many professional development opportunities for its employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the staff and faculty on a regular basis.
Watch out for your job!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 12, 2017
Well, I was very happy there, until they started laying people off. I was shocked when I was laid off, but because I was the newest one in that department, I was the one who had to go. Of course no one actually had to go, they just wanted to spend the money elsewhere.
I have a very bad taste in my mouth.
Pros
nothing
Cons
listen to what comes down the pike...its probably true
Fun and Interesting
Paid Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 6, 2017
unlike a usual job, this one was interesting. Come in to the office once every two weeks. go through a screening process. reset circadian rhythm. repeat.
Pros
free food, an attention grabber for employers
Cons
lack of pay, temporary
Quiet place to work
Financial Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 2, 2017
I love working here at UNT HSC, they people here are really focused on the mission of the school.

The only negatives are they are a bit behind on technology and most people have worked here for so long they all have established 'groups' and new folks are kind of left out of social things.
Pros
Good place to stay for a long time.
Cons
Existing clicks make it difficult to socialize with co-workers.