University of North Texas Health Science Center

University of North Texas Health Science Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Unthsc
Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 7, 2018
I've loved working at UNTHSC. No university is perfect, but I do feel that the administration sincerely tries to live the values of the institution. I've been a part of a great team.
Home
Community Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2018
UNT Health Science Center was/is home for me. I started off as a temp there and worked my way up so it will always be a special place for me. The employee that I am to today is attributed to UNTHSC.
Good place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 6, 2018
It's been a good experience as a graduate student. The school has 'evolved' in the last few years- there is still a lot to improve on. But there's intent to do the right thing and a vision for next few years.
Collaborate place to work
Graduate Research Assistant, m. chat Team (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 30, 2018
I did not work here as an employee, but as a student. I enjoyed the people I worked with and my mentor or research professor was very supportive and encouraging!
productive environment
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 28, 2018
I learned a lot of lab techniques working in at the UNT Health Science Center. The grad students and assistants were very helpful and informative. There was diversity, which was good to experience and allowed me to share in different cultures. I met life long friends by participating in this program.
Medical data entry
Medical Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2018
I enjoyed learning different types of information to input. A typical day would be to enter information into the computer, sometimes verify insurance. sort documents/medical record to be entered
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Productive and encouraging work environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 19, 2018
Like every workplace, there are some complaints, but at the end of the day, I truly enjoyed working here! Any negative comments I have are entirely associated with people on my team, rather than the system.
productive support system for the less fortunate
MED ASST (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2018
rewarding place to work, to help others is the way god intended, able to assist patient with care and home life struggles. winning teammates and support staff was great managment wasn't so good. and ceo's don't really care about patients. just the revenue
Contract Employee
Certified Nurse Midwife Chart Abstractor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 2, 2018
My position at UNTHSC is a contract, telecommuting position. I have contact with 2 full-time UNTHSC employees.
I have found these two employees to be very focused to assure I have all the tools I need to perform my work for them. They are also very supportive emotionally and personally.
Social Services Coordinator and Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 22, 2018
Great benefits, good job, great resume-builder. Not a lot of room to move up as a social worker but overall positive experience. A great place to build experience.
Pros
flexible, good atmosphrre
Cons
compensation low
great work unit
Postdoctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 15, 2018
great work place
learned to study in retina
how to perfect culture cell
how to do perfect western blot
how to do perfect pcr
how to write scientific articles fast
how to work as a team better
how to make good relationship with tutor and co-workers
Management is poor
Family Practice LVN (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 12, 2018
Management will change things constantly without notice and without talking with staff so that they feel like they have a voice. There is high employee turn over without rehiring staff so the remaining staff are left with the work of several other people.
I would not recommend this work environment.
CSR - Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 12, 2018
They will over work you in the 40 hours allowed. Those employees that do a good job will get more work piled on them without any compensation or recognition.
fun adventrous daily , clinic activities.
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 8, 2018
great and fun teaching environment. patient relations with provider is good, but some things about management are difficult and unfair. overall the clinics are good but the employees sometimes forget that kindness is key
Stressful and Non-Supportive
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Discrimination is a way of life at this Organization! In addition, cultural competency among management at this organization is non-existent! I am surprised that there has not been more law suits against this organization than their is!
Pros
They employ people!
Cons
Discrimination
Great workplace culture
Enrollment Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 17, 2018
The University of North Texas Health Science Center is a great place to work and focused on employee satisfaction. There are many opportunities to join organizations to keep employees involved. This is a very friendly diverse work culture.
Super Busy clinics
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Working over an 8 hour day is usual in some clinics. Management ranges from clinic to clinic with massive politics. Everyone tries to be really friendly but at the end of the day everyone looks out for themselves.
Pros
Really great benefits including time off
Cons
Less than average salary
Great Atmosphere most of the time.
Senior Payroll Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Process payroll when needed. Process back end of payroll.
Data entry. Process International Paperwork., Garnishments, Direct Deposit. Customer service. Process Vendor checks.
Medical School, Some students not so nice. People and location
Pros
Employee Appreciation day, Christmas break
Cons
Micromanagement
Not a pleasant experience
Staff Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 15, 2018
My experience there was not pleasant, largely due to issues with the manager's erratic behavior. It resulted in a very stressful working environment.
Pros
Extended time off between semesters
Cons
Highly stressful working environment
Unt is a very good place to work.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Working for UNT was a very good company to work for. You receive good benefits and they have good motivation ideas. I would go back if I could find part time work where I fit in.
Pros
Seperate time off for vacation and sick days.
Cons
You pay for parking. But it is patrolled by campus police.