University of North Texas Health Science Center

University of North Texas Health Science Center Employee Reviews

United States55 reviews
Housekeeping. Floor. Technician
I. Have. 40years. Of. Experience. In. Cleaning. For. A. Hospitals. And. A. Small. Business. ,and. Patients. Rooms. As. Well.waxing. the. Floors.buffing. the. Floors.
Prestige to work here but beware the admin
This was probably the most politically challenging position of my career. It's a great place to work if you have the right people around you. If you work in an office where everyone is for themselves, then you are going to feel alone very quickly. Same thing if you aren't accepted as one of their own. I had a supervisor with whom i got along well, but his supervisors were not accommodating, and they treated him with little respect. Thankfully I worked on a close-knit team, but I saw the negativity all around me. The sense of the-university-above-all may be overwhelming if you have not worked in education or at a medical university in the past.
A place in need of stable leadership with real goals
In the period I worked here, this was a place characterized by high turnover in key leadership positions, with a "vision" that purportedly espoused its "values" while hypocritically deviating from said "values" most of the time. Most institutional goals can be characterized as pure "fluff" with no real substance. Culture of the place purports to value diversity, but I saw clear examples of the typical "old boys network" operating over and over, as well as clear examples of racist attitudes/behaviors from the leadership. The institution requires you yearly to demonstrate how you uphold its "values" but does nothing to meaningfully support career development. There is not enough space to describe the gaffs of this place. Like a lot of state institutions in Texas, it needs a major overhaul of its workforce: there are people here, who, to quote one frustrated administrator, "act like when you asked him/her to do a basic task, they reacted like you were asking them to perform brain surgery". If you have ambition in health care, save your energy and move on.
Best Place to Work
This is a great place to work, the leadership is constantly trying innovative ways of delivering healthcare, education, research and employee development. Flexible schedules, telecommute options, relaxed atmosphere, striving for excellence and a values based culture.
Pros
Education assistance, positive culture
horrible management
There was many changes in UNTHSC and major thing was they change providers salary. They pay pretty low but it came worse. Many many doctors and NP left
Pros
good work hr
Cons
poor pay and poor management
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Overall Good Experience
I enjoyed working here because it helped me gain experience and utilize my degree. I met wonderful people and was a great stepping stone. I would recommend it.
Positive people experiences
Direct management cares about growth and personal happiness. Variety of projects allows you to build an array of skills. Some monotony to the day to day work, but that's to be expected.
Pros
People, work/life balance
Cons
collaboration with other departments needs improvement
Administrative Coordinator
A typical day - Assisted Chair, Professors and Students as needed.
Filed reimbursements, scheduled travel, managed calendars, set up meetings, ordered catering, time entry, sorted and distributed mail, answered phone,

Learned - to use multiple different funding sources, how and when to use them.

About Physical Therapy, Student needs, curriculum, etc.

Management - was good, everyone got along.

Workplace culture - a little different than anywhere I had worked before, wide range of age, ethnicity, etc.

Hardest part of job - occasionally there would be a lot to do, deadlines, everyone under pressure, would become a bit stressful

Enjoyable part of job - helping others get through stressful situations.
Pros
Great parking, nice office space.
Cons
Difficult to work lunch in at times or take a break
University of North Texas
At the University of North Texas Health Science Center has a great culture and very enjoyable work place to work. The Management was a great resource and mentor for our department.
Unthsc
I've loved working at UNTHSC. No university is perfect, but I do feel that the administration sincerely tries to live the values of the institution. I've been a part of a great team.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University of North Texas Health Science Center?
Home
UNT Health Science Center was/is home for me. I started off as a temp there and worked my way up so it will always be a special place for me. The employee that I am to today is attributed to UNTHSC.
Good place
It's been a good experience as a graduate student. The school has 'evolved' in the last few years- there is still a lot to improve on. But there's intent to do the right thing and a vision for next few years.
productive environment
I learned a lot of lab techniques working in at the UNT Health Science Center. The grad students and assistants were very helpful and informative. There was diversity, which was good to experience and allowed me to share in different cultures. I met life long friends by participating in this program.
Productive and encouraging work environment
Like every workplace, there are some complaints, but at the end of the day, I truly enjoyed working here! Any negative comments I have are entirely associated with people on my team, rather than the system.
Contract Employee
My position at UNTHSC is a contract, telecommuting position. I have contact with 2 full-time UNTHSC employees.
I have found these two employees to be very focused to assure I have all the tools I need to perform my work for them. They are also very supportive emotionally and personally.
Stressful and Non-Supportive
Discrimination is a way of life at this Organization! In addition, cultural competency among management at this organization is non-existent! I am surprised that there has not been more law suits against this organization than their is!
Pros
They employ people!
Cons
Discrimination
Great workplace culture
The University of North Texas Health Science Center is a great place to work and focused on employee satisfaction. There are many opportunities to join organizations to keep employees involved. This is a very friendly diverse work culture.
Graduate Research Assistant
I worked for the department of family medicine and physical therapy as a graduate research assistant. I was responsible for recruiting participants, collect data and manage the data.
Too many changes--not student focused
Major changes in leadership
Little contact between administration and adjunct faculty

Little contact between full time and part time faculty

Decisions don't seem to be made with the student in mind or for the betterment of the educational process
Pros
convenient
Cons
Very beaurocratic
Community Outreach
The University of North Texas Health Science Center is a great organization. Friendly environment on campus. Extremely grateful to work with an amazing team. Looking forward to continue to reach out to the community.
Great team to work with.
Program works with and supports community based organizations at the forefront of providing services to prevent/lower teen pregnancies and premature death of infants.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of North Texas Health Science Center. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
University of North Texas Health Science Center Reviews by Location