University of North Texas Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
UNT a place for students
Union Circle 76203 - Facilities Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for UNT. I had two jobs, a library porter and overnight facilities maintenance. Both jobs were cool, lots of students, slow paced and more than enough time to finish your tasks.
Pros
not a hard job
Cons
not much advancement in your position.
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 28, 2018
I worked at UNT for 28 years. While there were challenges during those years, there are challenges with any job. I was given opportunities to advance and learn.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Simewhat political atmosphere
Fun and productive workplace
Strength and Conditioning Internship/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 28, 2018
Working with athletes was very rewarding. Watching them improve and seeing them realize their goals made it worth while. The staff was very helpful and were great mentors.
UNT Improvement
Construction Project Manager, UNT Denton (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 25, 2018
UNT System is making improvements but it takes time. Please continue and this can became a great place to work in the future. UNT Facilities are making great a come back.
Benefits
Cons
Flexibilty
Hazardous Materials Officer (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 10, 2018
Secure work place with great benefits. The University of North Texas is Dyamic and always changing so. There is never a chance to get bored or have not have enough to do.
great
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 25, 2018
UNT is a great place to work people are great product works and management makes it fun and easy. I do recommended they make their directors use less favoritism
Accounts Payable/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 22, 2018
Management was good and had chances for advancement. I enjoyed working with the university. Always busy and learned a lot. Peoplesoft was just being launched and I entered payroll.
Pros
Close to work
Cons
Not enough pay
Interlibrary Loan Office
Interlibrary Loan Borrowing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 20, 2018
I highly recommend working in the ILL office. Everyone is friendly and helpful, work is self-paced, and the office is comfortable. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know everyone in the library. Hardest part of the job can be high traffic parts of the year like the start and end of every semester. Management is very kind and understanding.
Pros
Break Times, Friendly Staff, Comfortable Setting, Management
Cons
Lower Hourly Wage
Good as a Student Worker
Videoconference Manager (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 19, 2018
I'm a student worker so I can't really speak as much for full time staff. Although I did get the benefits of plenty of free food from events around the campus which would apply to most staff I believe. Schedules are flexible.
Pros
Free food, working remotely, flexible work schedule
Cons
No benefits, but I'm a student worker and not full-time staff
Excellent Team to work with
Assistant System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 18, 2018
It's really a great place to work where the colleagues were extremely supportive in helping me. Since there were people from different backgrounds, even though it was difficult initially, my Manager made it easy for me.
Great!
Member (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 13, 2018
Great university and staff. Learn lots and meet many people. I cannot wait to see the university grow and develop. Expect lots to come and grow. Highly recommend.
Fun place to work
University of north Texas Cafeteria worker (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at the cafeterias on campus and received fair pay in addition to enjoying the company of friendly staff. If I were to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing.
Pros
free meals
Cons
little hours
Research Intern Fall Semester (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 1, 2018
I worked as an undergraduate research assistant and really enjoyed it. The working environment is nice and collaborative compared to previous jobs I have had.
Pros
team-oriented
no work pressure.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 31, 2018
It was a very good learning experience. interacting and assisting the professors helped me a lot to understand the real world construction industry. it is a previlage
good
Cons
no benefits
Great Place for Student Employment
Technician Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 30, 2018
Working for UNT gave flexible hours and a decent wage to go along with taking classes. The environment is very friendly. It is very easy to pick up marketable skills while working there.
Pros
Flexible hours
Tier one University
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 28, 2018
The University of North Texas is striving to climb as a tier one research University. Rapid change is underway which is expected to help the University secure its new Tier One designation. There is a singular emphasis is on publications by the faculty and research.
Pros
Great students. Desire to improve.
Cons
At will contracts
Good Environment
Engineering Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Denton, TexasMay 28, 2018
Working for the university is a good choice if you are a student who is living on campus and wants your employer to work with your class schedule and responsibilities.
Pros
Free food after shifts
Cons
it was fun working there
Union Kitchen Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 22, 2018
A typical day would be busy, but I liked working with all the friends I had. We shared our responsibilities with each other and made sure every work is done at the end of the day. I learned a lot about food and met many friends.
Pros
Free meal tickets
Cons
sometimes work gets done soon, so less hours to work
Friendly Staff and Encouraging Enviorment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 21, 2018
Overall everyone was helpful and extremely friendly. Especially understanding to others circumstances beyond the workplace and worked to meet everyone's needs.
Fun workplace and there is always work to be done
Concession Worker (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 17, 2018
I absolutely loved working at UNT! Highly recommended for UNT students looking for some work. With all the UNT happening, student workers are always able to earn some cash by working those events.