University of North Texas Employee Reviews

Instructional Assistant
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 17, 2019
A good opportunity to network and collaborate with professors in your field while in graduate school. Fits in well with a graduate student schedule. A good way to earn a living while in school, and you can often keep working in this position after you graduate as well. Usually involves grading student assignments, attending class on a regular basis and keeping track of things like attendance. Other aspects of the job vary widely depending on the professor you work for and the class that you assist with. Some professors/instructors will expect you to perform different job duties than others.
Gmg
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 17, 2019
love this college and all that it has to offer us. environment is wonderful and people are really kind. 10/10 would recommend you to pursue a degree at UNT where rent is cheap
It was okay
Project Manager, Classroom Support Services (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 11, 2019
UNT can be a great place to work if you're in the appropriate field. I was not and therefore, did not always enjoy my time there. But, the other people there made it worth while in the long run and you have a lot of flexibility in hours which really comes in handy.
Great working field
Residence Hall Association Vice President (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 9, 2019
My time at the university was well spent in this job, I acquired great customer service and team building skills that can be transferred to any job. I thoroughly enjoyed the challenges it presented such as accommodating large group of students in small events and making sure it was interactive for everyone.
Kind and Helpful
Student (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 7, 2019
My experiences at UNT have always been friendly and if there have ever been questions a helpful person has been available. My role at UNT was as student.
Great Place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Great Culture and Place to Work. Offer Career Advancement and Promotes Education to employees and there Families . On a day to day you are continually learning and teaming up with other departments to create a better work
Environment.
Academic environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 31, 2018
As a Teaching Assistant I enjoyed helping students solve their problems. My Professor was a very good Mentor for me and always encouraged to set high goals and strive hard to achieve those goals.
Pros
Wonderful experience to work in an educational institution
Cons
It was temporary
Av
UNT AV TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 28, 2018
Gave me lots of opportunities to get my feet wet in audio visual production on many levels. I would recommend this job to anyone trying to get experience in the field for the first time.
N/a
Coordinator of Olympic Sports (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 18, 2018
The University of North Texas is going to do nothing but grow as time goes on. They have a team full of incredible people to make sure that that happens.
Full-time student perspective
Full-time Student (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 17, 2018
Since I was a full-time student, most questions here do not apply. The amount of work required is determined by how much the student wants to obtain from their studies.
it is a pleasant place to work at
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 15, 2018
I have lots of friends in the department who helped me a lot through my study here, I enjoyed working and studying here.The staff here are very friendly.
Awesome
Graduate Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 6, 2018
Loved being part of the team, working on projects and helping other patrons. The work culture is great so are the managerial team. I learned a lot on the job.
A good school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 30, 2018
I was a student and research assistant at University, there are some good professors, while others are not that good. Also, there is a lot of good research going on in university.
Great Place to Learn
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF STUDENT SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 28, 2018
Great place to learn and potentially grow if you put in the time! I really enjoy working for an institution that maintains the focus of "students first."
Do your research
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 3, 2018
Just wasn't happy with the management team. Disorganized old habit cluster of folks. Sadly they've lost some of there best employees due to the disoriented favoritism played out daily. Alot of racial segregation.
Pros
Tuition discount
Cons
Overnight shift
Flexible job. Open opportunites.
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 25, 2018
Great place to work! Many opportunities to move to other roles. Its a state job so compensation is not competitive compared to private company job titles. Overall excellent job stability.
Pros
Job stability, can transition within company easily
Cons
Take home pay
One of the best universities
Vice President of Films & Music (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 19, 2018
Amazing and outstanding university to work for, and amazing schedules and also tons of help for volunteers, amazing place to also take your children to walk around and get them into activities that are offered there.
Fun work environment
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 7, 2018
Great opportunity to network. Faculty at UNT is helpful and encouraging. I enjoye working with everyone. Orientation leader is competitive to get into but fun.
Pros
Free lunches, fun, doesn’t feel like work
Cons
Long work hours for this particular position
Great
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 5, 2018
Great work life balance. Good health care and retirement. Beautiful campus. Meaningful purpose - helping educate people to make the world a better place.
Review
Instructional Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 3, 2018
Great vacation time, the insurance is great. Management sucks, everything is political. Most meetings were a waste of time. Salary was always low. If you tired to get a raise or change title it took at least 1 year. I had a coworker who has been there for over two years and still did not receive a promotion.