University of Northwestern St. Paul Employee Reviews

4.6
Ratings breakdown
Positive and supportive environment to work in
Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNApril 10, 2018
Employees are friendly

Managers genuinely care about your well-being

While advancement may not be available, UNW works to provide add'l training and growth opportunities if desired

Work feels meaningful

Leadership is committed to the mission Christian doctrine UNW was built on
Pros
Positive environment, good benefits, Christian values
Cons
Not competitive pay
Get more involved by working where you study
Nursing Learning Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 5, 2018
It was a fun opportunity to work in the nursing lab while I was a student in the nursing program. It made me feel more invested in the program and provided some extra income.
Pros
give back to school, make some money
Cons
not very high wages
wonderful place to work
TICKET AGENT (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 20, 2018
Due to the short amount of time I was there, I wouldn't be able to fully describe a typical day. However, in training Id answer phones and assists people at the ticket window with any questions. I learned a lot about on your feet problem solving and how to work things correctly in order to solve a problem. I had wonderful management and didn't see any downsides of the job. I loved the fast pace and engaging work style.
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
Great place to live and work. Top notch community.
Robertson Student Center Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 11, 2017
Great place to work and learn. The culture is top notch. Professors and managers truly care about your well being. Loved my time at Northwestern. Highly recommend.
Flexible work environment
Sociology Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 30, 2016
Flexible online teaching position, for supportive Christian university. Best part of job is the small classes. I have learned new online teaching tools and skills.
Encouraging and fun atmosphere to grow experience in customer skills, analytics and profesional performance
assistant dean (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 11, 2016
I worked primarily with retention data and in-person assessments and interviews with students transferring in and out of the University. I enjoyed work and collaboration with all other departments and felt well-supported in this work environment, giving ideal opportunity to experience professional growth and practice. I exxperienced the most growth in handling the awkward and oftentimes, difficult encounters with students of various experiences as they exited our institution. My boss was and remains this day, a very close friend and mentor; the relationships formed in this position was the best benefit to the job.
typical day
Janitor (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNOctober 29, 2015
I loved being a janitor for all 4 years of college. It was a nice and relaxing job to have while I attended college full time. I really liked my bosses at the Erickson Center while I was in that building for 2 years.
Laid Back Job on Campus
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 2, 2015
The receptionist position is easy because I work overnights. Nothing happens, but the school needs someone at front desk, so I direct calls and do homework. Hardest part of the job is just staying awake.

Want to know more about University of Northwestern St. Paul?

Ask a question