University of Notre Dame Employee Reviews

Fast-Paced but Little Support
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJanuary 7, 2019
The benefits are amazing, but you will be working tooth and nail to earn them. In my position, there is little to no support for the staggering amount of tasks I do.
An amazing place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 3, 2019
My time at Notre Dame was pleasant, I worked there for almost 2 years and love every second of it. The hall I worked in was small and I adored both my coworkers and the management. It was an amazing first job and I recommend it to anyone trying to find their first job.
Pros
Cons
Short shifts (but that was just the hall I worked in)
Review summary
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Notre DameDecember 24, 2018
Notre Dame has much to offer in the way of flexibility of work, and a variety of opportunities for growth and professional development. The workplace culture, however, can be one that disproportionately disenfranchises women/those with other life duties/commitments (e.g., mothers) because of the high impact approach to work and productivity. I enjoyed the experience of my two years, but did get burnt out at the end of each work season due to factors like unrealistic hours and time constraints, heavy travel, and multiple projects to manage on an individual basis.
Pros
professional development, free items, travel opportunities
Cons
expected work outside the realm of the workday/40-hour week
Excellent
ONLINE ADULT COURSE FACILITATOR (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 16, 2018
Excellent opportunity to supplement income and increase in teaching and training skills. Online students are motivated and devoted to their tasks which makes the experience enjoyable.
Great University
Visiting Professor (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 9, 2018
This is a great university in a convenient location, with exceptional professors and researchers in their respective fields. The staff is also very helpful across the institution.
Pros
Helpful staff
Cons
No cons
Great Company
Chef (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 3, 2018
Great employer, great coworkers. benefits are amazing and they take care of their staff well. One of the best employers I have ever had. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a great opportunity.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Heavy work schedule durring football season/
fun place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INNovember 25, 2018
Good people to work around on a daily basis, positive work environment. It always felt like working with family when i came to work, there was always some token of appreciation shown to the workers on campus.
Great place!
Instructor (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 19, 2018
Beautiful campus with a great football culture. The resources available to students, staff, and faculty are amazing. The working environment is especially stimulating.
Electrical Engineering Graduate Student
Research Assistant, Cryoelectronics Group (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INNovember 18, 2018
I have really enjoyed being a research assistant here. How your experience goes is really dependent on who you choose as a research adviser, but most seem to be pretty good. Working at Notre Dame has some great benefits, like health care and great workout facilities. Other than not much to do in South Bend, IN, it has been a great experience!
It is a good work community
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 15, 2018
The people are nice and very receptive. There isn't a lot of new processes or practices. And they are not open to new ideas. But it is a good solid place to work for longevity and good benefits.
Great school to learn and contribute to research
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INOctober 24, 2018
Chem biochem department is overall a pretty friendly place. As with any graduate program, there are always weeks with long hours and late nights, but overall it's been a great experience.
Terrible work environment
Assistant Equipment Manager for Football (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INOctober 9, 2018
Toxic culture, they don't promote within. Overworked and underpaid employees. No one is ever given a significant raise and they don't reward and retain employees. The football building is a HR nightmare.
Depends on the unit
IT Operations and Planning Engineer (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INOctober 1, 2018
Some units are spectacular, others, not so much. You have the opportunity to really excel at what you do, however, the advancement opportunities are somewhat limited. It's an extremely vibrant and ever-changing community. I believe you will get out of it what you choose to put in.
Pros
Job security, HUGE discounts within the surrounding area
Cons
Very high paced
cool
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INSeptember 21, 2018
Good place with fun stuff and good people. Other things are more good stuff with even better people and lots of things to do when there aren't many things to do so you can always be doing things.
The great benefits is what keeps most people working there
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INSeptember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is running a couple lines, feeding up to 2,800 students per meal. I learned to cook food in volume.
Management dosen't seem to care about anything else you have going on in your life.
Notre dame has been around for years, i work with people who has worked at the University for 20+ years.
The hardest part of the job is lack of team work and training
The most enjoyable part of the job is the students
Great College and Better Seminary
Intern, Notre Dame Police Department (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 5, 2018
If Notre Dame wasn't such a good college, you could call me a liar, but it is, so I'm not. Working here didn't make me an officer, but it did make me a gentleman.
Professional, Positive Environment
Help Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INAugust 11, 2018
Notre Dame employees tend to be upbeat and professional. I really enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot about customer service and my coworkers were very helpful.
custodian
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJuly 29, 2018
we cleaned dorm rooms and academic buildings, we vacuumed stripped and waxed floors, did turn overs when camps were in session. we worked with different chemicals.
Not here for the pay but for the Science
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJuly 28, 2018
In short the pay was terrible but the work was wonderful. Working on a particle accelerator was dream of mine and I believe is a dream for any science nerd, so pay is an after thought
Pros
Discovering new physics principles
Cons
nothing
Feel belonged to
Teaching Assistant/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJuly 23, 2018
Slow pace and relaxed environment. Genuinely care about people here. Nice facilities and excellent employee benefits. Feel proud and belonged to. Nice colleague relationships.