University of Notre Dame Employee Reviews

Terrible work environment
Assistant Equipment Manager for Football (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INOctober 9, 2018
Toxic culture, they don't promote within. Overworked and underpaid employees. No one is ever given a significant raise and they don't reward and retain employees. The football building is a HR nightmare.
cool
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INSeptember 21, 2018
Good place with fun stuff and good people. Other things are more good stuff with even better people and lots of things to do when there aren't many things to do so you can always be doing things.
The great benefits is what keeps most people working there
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INSeptember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is running a couple lines, feeding up to 2,800 students per meal. I learned to cook food in volume.
Management dosen't seem to care about anything else you have going on in your life.
Notre dame has been around for years, i work with people who has worked at the University for 20+ years.
The hardest part of the job is lack of team work and training
The most enjoyable part of the job is the students
Great College and Better Seminary
Intern, Notre Dame Police Department (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 5, 2018
If Notre Dame wasn't such a good college, you could call me a liar, but it is, so I'm not. Working here didn't make me an officer, but it did make me a gentleman.
Professional, Positive Environment
Help Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INAugust 11, 2018
Notre Dame employees tend to be upbeat and professional. I really enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot about customer service and my coworkers were very helpful.
custodian
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJuly 29, 2018
we cleaned dorm rooms and academic buildings, we vacuumed stripped and waxed floors, did turn overs when camps were in session. we worked with different chemicals.
Not here for the pay but for the Science
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJuly 28, 2018
In short the pay was terrible but the work was wonderful. Working on a particle accelerator was dream of mine and I believe is a dream for any science nerd, so pay is an after thought
Pros
Discovering new physics principles
Cons
nothing
Feel belonged to
Teaching Assistant/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJuly 23, 2018
Slow pace and relaxed environment. Genuinely care about people here. Nice facilities and excellent employee benefits. Feel proud and belonged to. Nice colleague relationships.
Poor Management That plays favoritism
Wash line operator (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJuly 20, 2018
Notre Dame is one of the wealthiest universities in the country but can't pay its employees a decent wage. There's so much politics involved in trying to transfer to a different position no mater what your credentials are.
Pros
Good retirerment plan
Cons
Mistreatment of employees
job reveiw
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  North Dinning hallJuly 19, 2018
Notredame has poor managers. Managers do almost nothing but talk on their phones and sit in the offices. Pay Raises are small.15 cents for a year. Hard to get ahead their if you don't suck up.Needs new management that cares about employees from the top down. No help or not enough at all times, turnover is high. If you make a peep about anything your hours get cut. Human resources are poorly run. They just laugh and say well we already know this.
enjoying the sights
Transport cook (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 7, 2018
It was non-stop . lunch and a break.. but I guess it makes the time go by, The food is very good , you have some t of options there. Most of your fellow employees.
Pros
3 spots
Cons
very short breaks.
Overall a good place to work
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJune 27, 2018
Good place to meet people. Management was lax in direct supervision. Allowed unqualified leads to manage dining hall employees. Leads treated their friends well and were abusive to the employees they did not care for.
Pros
Daily meals, Healthcare facility for employees, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Unqualiffied employees in charge
Relaxed environment, but the role was only part time
Crowd Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJune 23, 2018
The work environment was relaxed. Management was excellent. Unfortunately, this role was only available as a part time position. As such, no benefits, such as insurance, was available.
Pros
Free lunches on certain occasions
Productive and professional
Budget and Operations Manager -Haiti Program (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJune 19, 2018
Very good place to work and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to work for a very good institution in Indiana. Very professional and productive place.
Nd
Political Science Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 18, 2018
Had a good atmosphere but overall very bad at providing adequate health insurance and dental. Staff members who work there are mostly nice but are not getting paid as much as they should be.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Inadequate health insurance
Beautiful university with great opportunities
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJune 13, 2018
Great university with beautiful views and great working environment. At times the jobs can be difficult, but the great scenery makes it much easier to deal with.
Low pay poor management
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  DormsJune 12, 2018
10.76 after 6 years and sexually harassed by female supervisor....any wonder why I left?
Medical insurance was very good. Campus is beautiful. Kids and families are like most of ND staff...conceited..don't let the name fool you...it is not that great of a place to work
Spent a lot of time alone in a lab
Mechanical Engineering Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Notre Dame, INJune 6, 2018
The project I worked on was interesting, but it seemed never ending. I worked under a grad student who seemed to be losing her mind because the project was impossible to finish. Gained some interesting experience, but I'm not sure if it will prove to be valuable.
Pros
A lot of time to think
Cons
low pay, got lonely really fast
culture
Program Director, Special Events & Stewardship (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 6, 2018
Aggressive culture
Great opportunity to work with benefactors
great talent pool
flexible work schedule
colleagues are encouraging
leadership not as transparent
Pros
opportunity to work with benefactors
Cons
advancement
Chill and relaxed
Cashier and Sandwich Prep (Current Employee) –  Notre Dame, INMay 25, 2018
For an entry-level job, this is probably the least stressful one could find in food service. It is both rewarding and taxing. What I mean is that it pays very well for starting out, but the work hours are very tight with most sleep schedules.
Pros
free lunch, free fountain drinks, discounts on everything across notre dame
Cons
tight schedule, if closing- not guaranteed scheduled breaks