University of Oklahoma Employee Reviews

Great working place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 21, 2018
I specifically worked as a cashier and it was great. I worked in teams of 3-4 employees at all time. We provided customer services, in person or through the phone.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Flexibility
bad
Worker 1 (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 19, 2018
they treat people like its a political game. they care nothing for the actual workers and treat the students pretty bad. and when you say something they belittle you
its a university campus
assistant stacks management (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 12, 2018
work varies greatly depending where you find employment with the university. the culture is laid back and generally the work is not too difficult.
-former student employee
Educational and travel
Laboratory assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 5, 2018
While working in the lab I have learned different methods of data and sample collection and preservation, as well as traveling to Tanzania over the summer for new sample collection.
Pros
travel and experiences
Cons
Na
Gta/gra
Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 4, 2018
OU provides standard graduate student teaching assistantships and research assistantships. Can be quite competitive depending on the department. Compensation is adequate for the area and job requirements.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 1, 2018
In a depertment level it was a great place to work, I felt appreciated by my manager and supervisor. I had excellent benefits but there was little room for advancement.
Pros
discounts, affordable healthcare
Cons
limited advancement
Fun and fast workplace
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 18, 2018
Working in the cafeteria had its ups and down. There were moments with the dinner rush that I felt stressed, but I liked working under those conditions. There were other really slower periods, but we were still required to do something instead of the required work it seemed.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Short break
Great Time
Financial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 14, 2018
- Managed, advised & developed student leaders in the spending of $3 million in student and federal grant accounts.
- Established trust with major stake holders & vendors by leading major trainings on the lawful use of accounts and ensured proposed project spending met federal grant and university financial guidelines.
Norman
Athletics Coach (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 13, 2018
University of Oklahoma was an experience that improved all skills relating to my work within a field. OU encouraged professional growth and increased responsibility.
Worked at the OU Public Opinion Learning Lab
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 12, 2018
My experience is based on a branch of OU. I worked at the POLL. We were mostly student managed and run. It was calling on the phone doing academic research (not money gauging like Crimson Callers). It's a great place to work. Everyone is friends with everyone and they work with your schedule really well. It's perfect for students.
Pros
easy schedule, Get a raise at the end of every semester (as long as you do a good job), Friendly environment, On campus
Cons
shifts are 4 hrs, Only call in evenings on weekdays.
Start Sooner and Sooner Discovery Guide Summary
Start Sooner and Sooner Discovery Guide (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 11, 2018
From management to my fellow team members the entire staff was amazing. The work load was bearable and getting to have a meaningful impact on students lives was an additional benefit.
Great Pay and benefits. Good management.
Construction craftsperson II (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work if money is needed. Friendly coworkers and supervisors. Great benefits. Multiple days of slow work. The jobs here are also very repetative and tedious. I used to enjoy going to work everyday but as time went by the exitement of going to work vanished.
Pros
1 paid lunch
Cons
Slow days
n/a
Affiliate - Social Work Field Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 29, 2018
not applicable - was considered an affiliate due to being a social work field instructor. This was not a paid position and was contingent on working within a social service agency offering internships.
Really like OU
Adjunct Teacher (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 24, 2018
The University of Oklahoma is very dedicated towards the student body. The school is being pushed in the direction of "the customer is always right", read that as you may.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
wish I had more classes and time to offer
Workplace Culture
University Student Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 19, 2018
Workplace is fast-paced a minimal amount of time. Hourly wage is terrible. People are good. I enjoyed the hours. For my experience with 3 universities, I haven't been paid good at all.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Parking is terrible
Productive and enjoyable office environment
Event/Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 18, 2018
Daily assisted and coordinated with all team members, speakers, training sites, hotels, resource vendors and caterers planning events, registration in database. Returning phone calls from clients daily, assuring all tasks as assigned were completed.
Consistently holding core responsibility for all administration, logistics and liaising with external partners and providers. Professionally negotiated contracts within budget.
Enjoyed positive responses on success of events that were planned and followup with clients.
Pros
Management support
Cons
Heavy traffic
Student Worker opportunity
Desk Assistant for Athletic Housing (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 16, 2018
This student position provided free boarding and a free meal plan. This is gold for a college student. I was able to engage with other students with a moderate level of responsibility.
I was a grad assistant, so this review might not be helpful
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 11, 2018
It was great being a graduate assistant, although the pay is very bad. I didn't feel like people were generally friendly, but you were allowed to work at your own pace which was nice
My Reveiw
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 8, 2018
I do not recommend working at this the University of Oklahoma. Evaluation are unfair and mentorship and guidance are unreliable at best. My experience there was a very negative one.
Good job for a student
Arabic Flagship Tutor (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 6, 2018
I worked as a tutor, and while I only worked a small number of hours per week, my hourly pay was very high and it was a good amount of extra cash to have on the side. Plus, I often just worked before or in-between classes at the same building where my classes were, so it was really convenient for me. I would definitely recommend being a language tutor here if you can.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Oklahoma. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Women's ratings

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss