University of Oklahoma Employee Reviews

Academic Institution with a focus on Academics
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 14, 2019
While seemingly prestigious and providing opportunity, sometimes this is not the case and OU shows this is the case regularly. Staff are discounted when compared to faculty even though the faculty and University could not succeed without the staff that serve 12 months rather than 9-10 and for a lot less pay and consideration in this regard.
Pros
Time off and good benefits if you do not cover dependents
Cons
Healthcare costly if you have dependents and staff salaries low
I enjoyed the 7 years I was with OU
Inventory Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 6, 2019
Overall, I loved my job at OU-Poperty Control/EIRS Purchasing Department). The people I worked with were great and I felt I was accomplishing my goals, my department, and the State.
Collaborative and inspiring experience with great coworkers.
Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 23, 2019
Wonderful place to teach! The work place culture is very student focused. Teachers focus on advancing student knowledge using the most current teaching methods. Additional focus on research and publications.
University of Oklahoma
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 17, 2019
Overall, a great place to work. I really enjoyed the team I worked with directly. Upper management was awesome especially the Director. Would definitely. State employee salaries are private sector equivalent positions but this is typical.
Good
Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 15, 2019
This is a fine place to work if you are a graduate student. The pay is low compared to peer institutions but, given the low cost of living for the area, it is adequate. OU provides good education for the price and for the region.
A great place to work
Graduate Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 14, 2019
I worked at as a TA for the department of chemistry and biochemistry at the University of Oklahoma during my graduate studies. I was responsible for teaching several lab portions of chemistry classes in support of their program. Overall the experience there was a net positive.
Productive and well collaborated workplace.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 11, 2019
It's a great university, which provides me a .50 Graduate Assistant position to financially help me complete my Ph.D degree. I work in Radar Innovation Laboratory, which is a fantastic lab, and it presents lots of state-of-the-art radar technologies.
Oklahoma
Department of Music Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 2, 2019
Staff is often focused on administrative issues vs student issues. staff is often overworked with little help. location is nice and student workers are very helpful
Supportive group of students and professors
Human Physiology Undergrad Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 1, 2019
Great professors that care not only about the students going through the course but on how the undergrad teaching assistants are as well. It was a great way to feel like you are making an impact on other people and helping them understand difficult concepts.
Remote was a Plus!-but stay away from OUCN.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKDecember 27, 2018
This is a very stressful place to work if you are assigned in Case Management. The members are wonderful to work with but the paperwork and documentation will kill you. You will never have any down or family time and you will end up working on weekends to stay caught up on all of the awful paperwork.

Management is new so be prepared for that. Document everything to protect yourself in the event something comes up that needs an answer or you need proof.

Co-Workers were wonderful to work with. But there were a few that you definitely need to watch out for.

Good Luck!
Pros
Working from home. Good Benefits
Cons
Poor Management, Back Stabbing, Weak Training
Student-Worker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKDecember 13, 2018
As a student worker, the University bookstore could not be a better place to work for. Not only do you get to learn leadership skills, but you are also able to make a little money all while showcasing your school pride.
Adjunct/contract
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 30, 2018
The nature of this job is not applicable to your request for a review. The job is contract only for teaching online courses. The pay is excellent. The University of Oklahoma is an excellent university to work.
The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center is an amazing place to work and I'm very thankful for my job.
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 26, 2018
I have worked at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center for 11 years and during this time, my supervisors have allowed me to grow professional and personally. The culture is amazing and the people I work are wonderful. My supervisors have always been respective and supportive in my growth.
Pros
This is all around a great place to work!
Cons
Not getting a raise in 6 years
Slow paced
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 25, 2018
Work environment is slow paced and lacks collaboration among researchers. Lab with similar interests are located far away from each other making it difficult for interdisciplinary interaction and sharing of knowledge
Great Place to Work
Assistant Director Shared Business Services (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 19, 2018
OU is a great place for a career whether your just starting your career or starting a second career after retirement. Lots of wonderful people to work with.
Productive and fun place to live
Postdoc Fellow (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 8, 2018
Social activity is rich. People are friend. Collaboration is very easy. Productive. Working time is flexible. 40 hours per week at least. The workplace has very nice environment. There are a lot of invited speakers who you can talk to and learn from.
Pros
Cons
Competive
An amazing place to work
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma County, OKNovember 7, 2018
Working for OU is an experience that I will never forget. The people I worked around were hardworking individuals. They were always helpful and fair.
Good work life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 6, 2018
Good work life balance, nice PTO. Health insurance is expensive for the family. Nice campus to work on, safety provided by OUHSC police. Able to attend my different events.
Fun atmosphere to be in
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 5, 2018
- Work 8-5 typically
- Learned about data entry, Concur, & event planning
- Management was great
- Workplace culture was fun
- The people are great to work with
Ouhsc review
Research Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 5, 2018
It was a great place to work. Boss and coworkers were easy to get along with. Difficult to get promoted unless you ask for it. We had all of the necessary supplies to our job well. We a lot of guidance from the PI.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Oklahoma. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss