University of Oregon Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere
STUDIO TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 19, 2019
This job was a great learning opportunity as well as a place where I could prove my worth. Teaching really helped me to cement my own knowledge base. The department was wonderful to work with.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short term employment
College Job
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 14, 2019
For a college job I would say that working for the University is a great place to be. It pairs well with your school schedule and is flexible with your availability.
General Laborer
General Laborer II (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 11, 2019
Typical day goes fast. Never a dull moment. Always moving. Co-workers were great, Management is okay. Hardest part of the job is you work in small group for large jobs. Overall I enjoyed working at the U of O. I was sad to go.
athletic department
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OR 97401January 4, 2019
setup all athletic events, run all athletic event, tare down and close all athletic events.
the best part of the job was how diverse the work descriptions were because all the different athletic events that are operated on the university of Oregon campus. everything from state high school basketball tournaments, concerts, university of Oregon college sport events and the professional events such as the Prefontaine Classic and the Olympic trials.
Pros
great pay and co-workers
Cons
16 plus hour long shifts
Great pay for short-term work
Assistant Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 4, 2019
I didn't work a normal job here. The job that I got paid for lasted 2 weeks, but the job overall was for a couple months. I don't have much knowledge to the overall environment of the school or anything about long term benefits.
Relaxed Work Study
Band Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 31, 2018
I was able to get classwork done while being able to get the Band Office Assistant work done. When I held this position, I was a student at the University of Oregon Clark Honors College. There was never a time where I felt overwhelmed with the amount of work the BOA required of me.
Super fun and energetic
Student Orientation Staff (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 21, 2018
Working at the UO was an amazing experience and helped me learn a lot about customer service and hospitality! Student directors were incredible and I had amazing coworkers!
Good for my current needs
Event Bartender (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 3, 2018
I work events part-time for UO Catering. They have a competent, hard working and even-handed management team, fun coworkers (I'm an older individual, and it's great to work with college students), and a pleasant work environment.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Sporadic work.
Good Employer
Ombuds Case Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 28, 2018
Working here is rewarding and the administration is responsive. Sick pay accrual is also generous.Great colleagues and interacting with students and other staff is wonderful.
Collaborative working culture
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 15, 2018
As a resident assistant you are always on the job. Sometimes you need to be ready 24/7. Learned how to mentor students and make sure to create a inclusive living environment where everyone felt safe. Also I created events for people to meet each other in the resident halls and setup presentations about the difficulties of college life and advice on how to navigate through it. Great experience overall!
Pros
Free housing and free meals. Learned a lot!
Cons
lack of structure and not having flexible hours
good
Biophysics Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 8, 2018
I worked as an undergraduate in several research labs aswell as in the chemistry stockroom and as an undergraduate TA. overall experience was good, although the majority of my jobs were not intended for non-students.
excellent
Executive Assistant to the VPFA & CFO (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 3, 2018
I have experienced a collaborative and supportive environment, a great place to work. I would highly recommend the institution as an employer and feel fortunate to be part of the team.
A good balance between work and school
Student Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  OregonSeptember 25, 2018
Most employees are also students and the University offers plenty of positions that prioritize education over work. The hours are decent for part-time.
Good
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 24, 2018
I had word at the University of Oregon as a student. It terms of pay it was good and it was not bad. I greatly enjoyed working with the employees and employers at the university. Employers understand that you are a student first and care about your education.
U of O Coffee Outlets
Barista (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 24, 2018
Honestly, if you get a chance to work at the coffee outlets... DO IT! Super relaxed and fun. Not a lot of stress and the kids there are great. You won't have any problems as long as you are not late every single day and don't know what espresso is...
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Less than average work experience
Fun place to work
Restaurant Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 13, 2018
The job is definitely fast paced but there are times that you can train on different skills and learn more so hours can be coordinated more around your ability to work different positions. The culture is more college oriented and sanitation is huge. Overall, the hours do not increase until school is back in session. Good part time gig.
Pros
Benefits and insurance, culture, on campus
Cons
On campus, fast paced, lack of hours in the summer
Loved working here
Research Assistant to Michael I. Posner (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 10, 2018
Working at the university of oregon got my foot in the door at other institutions. I had an opportunity to work with amazing people who value work/life balance. Would highly recommend working there.
Good company to work for in Oregon
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 18, 2018
I was a graduate student in Oregon. They paid us very well and provided good health insurance. I enjoyed working at the University but it wasn't really student focused. They focus heavily on the administration at the UO.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No advancement as a grad student
Okay Work for graduate student
Graduate Employee, Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 24, 2018
If you don't like teaching undergraduates, don't do it. The hours are flexible, but the compensation isn't enough. Grading is difficult to accomplish when trying to meet your own academic deadlines.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Bad compensation
Great to be part of the mathematics department, teaching while studying as well
Graduate Teaching Fellow (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 11, 2018
Taught mathematics courses, created my own curriculum using the math department outline. Used Word, Excel, LaTeX (a document preparation system favored for writing containing a lot of mathematical symbols), among other programs to create study packets and exams. Tutored students in smaller groups during office-hours. Worked with members of the mathematics department to create mid-term and final exams which met the standards of the department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Oregon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss