University of Oregon Employee Reviews

It's a great student job
Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 3, 2018
There isn't much to say about the job. It's a great place to work for students being flexible. However the wage isn't much so you wont be able to live on the wage alone.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low Wages
Campus Contractor
General Contractor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 28, 2018
I would arrive at the shop at 6:00 am. I'd have a meeting with my co-workers and go over our plan for the day, then proceed to the damaged places on campus to repair what was needed. We also would have the responsibility of setting up for events and cleaning them afterward. This job was great for me to learn how to fix different types of things and apply them to my life outside of work as well. A benefit of work was the free basketball games because it is my favorite sport and I was able to go with my co-workers.
Pros
Basket ball games, work environment
Cons
Weather, short breaks
Productive job with great cohorts
Caterer (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 24, 2018
Easy job for a college student, they work well around class schedules and other commitments you might have. Great staff of college and non college students.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No set schedule
Impacting the lives of others
Recruitment Chairman (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 18, 2018
Voted into an executive position amongst my Fraternity members. Given the responsibility to host a 2-week recruitment process with the goals of finding the next possible candidates to join our fraternity. Forced to display significant characteristics of social intelligence, and develop 5 to 10 minute relationships with over 100 kids in order to find the best possible men to lead our fraternity to greater achievements. Taught me discipline, leadership, and management. With a $16,000 recruitment budget, given to me by the fraternity, I managed to find 38 individuals, with the help of my fraternity members, who we believed were the right candidates to help improve the longevity of our fraternity.
Pros
Broadening my friendships amongst individuals at the University of Oregon
Cons
Trying to have a conversation with 5 guys at one time who don't know one another.
Good for a student
Lead Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 16, 2018
There is nothing a full time student can complain about in regards to working here. The people are friendly, it is a positive environment, and we get to do fun things every once in a while.
Productive and Friendly work environment
Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 5, 2018
Usually a loud and interactive workspace with very friendly coworkers. A very casual work culture. The hardest part of the job was having to be extremely detail oriented.
Works perfectly with school schedule
AppleCare Advisor (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 4, 2018
The ability to pick your schedule each term is wonderful! I loved being able to work from home and save time and money commuting to work. The management was great and everything about Apple gives the feeling that they value you as employee.
Pros
Pto, Flexible Schedule, Benifits, Work from home
Cons
Work from home
Good company!
Non-Traditional Student (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 30, 2018
I thought the atmosphere was friendly it was a learning environment I was able to grow as an individual in a lot of different areas such as maintenance and customer service the skills I have acquired while working here help me throughout my life and I appreciate the team environment!
Pros
Team atmosphere, good work schedule.
Cons
I was a student worker while i was finishing my degree!
This is a toxic work environment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 22, 2018
Management is unskilled or unwilling to lead. Admin is pitted against classified staff. Depending on which department you work in, it's extremely toxic. My supervisor was a bully-boss with multiple documented harassment infractions, yet remained employed.
Pros
bennies
Cons
lack of strong leadership
Freelance Work
Reporter - Freelance (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 20, 2018
Freelance work as student - does not apply. Music production for Duck TV was on a volunteer basis, and the organization is cohesive, inviting and overall creates a welcoming environment.
Excellent graduate programs.
Graduate Teaching Fellow (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 15, 2018
Through the Graduate School, the University of Oregon offers studies leading to advanced degrees in the liberal arts and sciences and in the professional fields of architecture and allied arts, business, education, journalism and communication, and music and dance.
Dynamic workplace with joys and challenges
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 6, 2018
Customer service skills, interpersonal relations, event planning, fundraising.
I enjoyed interacting with the patrons.
I did not enjoy the lack of communication among the staff.
Loved my Job
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 6, 2018
Worked as Tutor for Academic Learning Sevices, my supervisor was wonderful. I enjoyed the job very much as I was able to meet and work with a variety of students who cared about their education but were having some difficulties understanding mathematics. I had a very high success rate and feel it was due to the efforts and diligence of my students.
Pros
Meet lots of neat people
Cons
Could not work more hours
Great people, student workers get screwed
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 2, 2018
Did the same work as my coworkers but because I was a student there at the time I received less pay and no benefits. Very accommodating of my schedule, great coworkers, and healthy work environment though.
Pros
Good coworkers, good work enviornment
Cons
Students get undercompensated
Not a great place
Video Production/ Editor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 20, 2018
It was hard to maintain due to lack of consistency it was fun in that you got to do different things, but there was no real schedule and it was hard to keep up.
Worked with supervisor on research project.
SASB Coder (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 14, 2018
Supervisor was appropriately engaged and cooperative with work hours and demands. Benefit was working at home at own place which make my coding assignments more manageable
A unique challenge
Senior Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 13, 2018
The position I held while at the University of Oregon offered me a unique challenge; the work I did directly impacted other students around me creating a sense of contribution, and pressure, most young people do not get to experience so early on in their careers.
Student Employment
STUDENT RECEPTION (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 5, 2018
Having had several student jobs on campus at the University of Oregon across several departments, I understand the people working directly with students care more than those who are funding the programs. The funders are out of touch with the work student employees do to keep programs afloat, are underappreciated, and severely underestimated.
Pros
Career advancement, career development, networking
Cons
Minimum wage, limited hours, high pace environment, no benefits
Low stress, slow paced
LIFEGUARD (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 5, 2018
Compared to other places I have worked at, working for the University of Oregon is low stress. I never feel stressed or out of place there, everyone tries their best to include everyone and make them feel welcomed. The most enjoyable part was patron actually listened to rules and myself (along with other guards) unlike other places where that was a huge issue.
Pros
Works with student schedules (works AROUND classes)
Cons
Don't get paid a lot and limited hours available
Helping International Students Advance in English
Faculty and Staff Services Team (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 4, 2018
The organization is doing a great thing by teaching foreign students English and then matriculating them into the University of Oregon. The culture is a bit like you are walking on eggshells.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Oregon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.6Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

University of Oregon Reviews by Location