University of Pennsylvania Health System Employee Reviews

great environement coworkers are great and caring
Ambulatory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMarch 13, 2019
management not the greatest
the most enjoyable part of the job is lifetime workers as friends
culture is good
management does not give the best opportunities for an individual
Pros
great co workers
Cons
does not promote within with diverse employees
Educational Benefits
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Healthcare) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 7, 2019
One of the things I value the most about working at the University of Pennsylvania Health System is the various different ways that one is able to be educated. They provide tuition reimbursement for employees who choose to go back to school to earn degrees/certificates as well as a multitude of professional development classes that are offered throughout the year that are either fully covered or partially covered. The various options one has to educate themselves is very impressive to me.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits, Flexible Work Schedules, and Educational Benefits
Cons
Upper Management
Terrible Work Environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 26, 2019
I love my job but I hate the environment! Maternity is a wonderful field to be in but some of these nurses make you hate the job! I have worked in other hospitals and never experience such ugliness amongst nurses to the point it's beyond ridiculous! The way some of them treat each other and staff is pathetic! The racial undertones that go on sadness me, the comments made about patients and employee's of a different ethnic background are flabbergasting! Some of the Nurses are constantly perched up on there high horses thinking they are better than staff members who are not nurses or who are apart of the auxiliary staff. I have seen nurses make negative comments or chastise Aides for no valid reasons! Bullying other staff members that is getting more out of hand! HR and Managers keep having meetings about the same thing but things aren't changing nor getting better! I am to the point of transferring! It's mean girls and racist working in this Unit! They don't follow the ICare policy!
Pros
Benefits, Pay.
Cons
Racism, bullying.
Productive Professional
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2019
Okay place to work. pay isn't that great depending on your position. PTO and benefits a fair. For it to be a large institution there isn't a lot of room for growth. Departments usually tend to keep the people in rotation within.
Nice place to work, aside from shady management practices.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 15, 2019
The job is simple. Provide security. I'd recommend working there. The money is good. The people are nice (mostly). Be weary of certain people in supervisory positions, and you will be fine. I've survived over a year so...
Pros
Money, Medical Benefits, Parking Garage Discount (life saver)
Cons
Short breaks, Mandating, Questionable Supervisors
great job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 12, 2019
Management was very supportive. Plenty of overtime available. Director of security was readily available and greatly involved with staff. Would recommend this job.
My review summary
Senior Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2019
My typical day is repetitive... my job functions are no longer challenging. New duties or even promotion training is not offered in my department. However, learning other co-workers job duties / cross training is always offered. No on the job encouragement or employee mentoring is offered in my department. One of the good things that University of Pennsylvania Hospital offer is tuition assistance. However, they lack promoting employees who have obtained their degree whether it's through tuition assistance or not.
Pros
Tuition assistance, great health and 401K benefits
Cons
Don't promote within the company, ridiculous hiring practices
Great Place to work.
Patient Access (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAFebruary 11, 2019
I recommend this organization for anyone. From the CFO through all levels of the organization, everyone is friendly and respected. All inter-departments work very well together.
Pay for school
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2019
Bad management employees don’t trust their management team. Great team work. Patient to staff ratio is not good. Over worked and not appreciated. Pay is great
Pros
Train station is close
Cons
Short breaks
Care
OB Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2019
Average day consists of counseling pregnant women based on gestational age, vaccine administration or other injections, coordination of care across multiple disciplines and scheduling appointments. My director is new to the role and is learning. The hardest part of the job is patient compliance with routine and specialty appointments. However, the most enjoyable part of my job is talking with the patients throughout their pregnancy and relating shared experiences.
Pros
Fostering relationships with pts throughout pregnancy
Cons
My work hours are 9:30a-6p M-F, hard for child care
COB Review
Practice Liaison (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 5, 2019
I was able to enhance my practice management skills which i enjoyed.

Duties:
 Liaison for 26 practices in the Delaware Valley
 Creating and implementing office policies and procedures.
 Practice performance evaluation and analysis
 Account Audit
Excellent Facility
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Penn, PAFebruary 4, 2019
Penn is company where once you start as an employee, you never leave. This company is a 9-5 job that is a career. I don't see myself leaving it as I want to grow here. The benefits are great, the facilities are amazing, I love my coworkers, and my Manager is out of this world.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, Health care benefits, Retirement plans, advancements.
Cons
Parking
This is a Very internally political biased place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 1, 2019
They do not support or have the back of their employees in any situation. They are one tract minded and do not hear everyone’s opinions before making any type of decision.
My day at Penn Family Medicine
Clinical Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 31, 2019
My days typically start fast as I come in after patients are already being seen. I love coming to work seeing and hearing about patients stories that I have a connection with and making sure their health is valued 100%.
Supportive Work Environment For Learning
CO-OP/Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 29, 2019
It was a busy job working as a nurse extern on a step down unit. My responsibilities were the same as a nursing assistant but there were more opportunities to work alongside of the nurses and attend classes. There was plenty of support from the nurses on the floor and my nurse manager. The floor I was on had a strong culture of teamwork and communication which helped make the day go by more smoothly.
productive workplace
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 26, 2019
The employees there are very welcoming and nice. Same goes for most of the management. Nice atmosphere to work in. The pay is comparable and is based on experience and education.
Experience at Penn
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 26, 2019
Pleasant days at work,an excellent experience and enviroment to and learn. Its a Learning hospital.
Great experience with staff as well as patients. Management was a great resource when needed.

The hardest part of my job was to awake patients for blood draws in the early hours of the a.m. It was required and they understood but was an experience to wake various personalities in early mornings. To a certain instinct I understood a irritable response when caring for a sick patient.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
Traffic and Morning Commuters
good environment
Financial Service Rep/ Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 21, 2019
Relaxed quiet, productive environment, although lacks career advancement, no place to grow. Overall ok if your willing to just accept and not move further
Under Paid
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2019
I love working for Penn Medicine it's just that my current Job duties and now for 5 years doesn't fit my job Title and I have been trying to present this for years to be treated fairly by going up and beyond what I deserve but, unfortunately the management won't work with me to be fair at all.
Fun work place with great employees
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2019
UPHS was a great work place with employees that was willing to teach me what they knew. My mangers were nice. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the patients with their needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Pennsylvania Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss