University of Pennsylvania Health System Employee Reviews

difficult to commute to

great culture

learned a great deal

great training program

Most enjoyable part of job is the co workers
Decline
Telephonic Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2018
Decline to provide any information about a former employer. This is not ethical. This should not be included or pursued by any job site platform or company.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2018
This job was fast paced and required a lot of patience. I learned to quickly navigate through the systems and verify insurance. The department felt like family. The hardest part of the job was keeping the overflow of calls in the queue down. The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking to new people everyday.
Pros
Working well with team members and talking to new people
Cons
Maintaining low levels of calls in the queue
I love working for this Health System
Clinical Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2018
Wonderful place to work, the benefits are amazing. The salaries and pay is one of the best in the area and can not be topped. I am impressed at the amount of care nurses give and receive from management.
Great workplace
Administrative Assistant / Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2018
Great workplace, great benefits, flexible, great management, quality of care is great. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. Dealing with multiple personalities can be a challenge but coworkers make it easy.
Long Hours
Polysomnographic Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2018
Hard place to work, lack of family atmosphere and long hours. Not friendly mangers and unhappy co-workers. My patients bring joy to my very stressful day!
Pros
Salary and Benifits
Experience
Registered Nurse (Float Pool) (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2018
My experience working at Penn has been great. I appreciate the experiences I have with the care of critically ill patients and I enjoy having the ability to set my own schedule.
the worst job
Programmer (Former Employee) –  PAMay 5, 2018
I worked AT UPHS not FOR them the company I worked for was the single worst consulting comapny I ever have been associated with and I wouldn't even bother wasting the bandwidth of typing thier name..

There..over 150!
Interesting high volume
Patient Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2018
Penn Medicine is a great place to get experience but there is not a lot of professional growth and opportunities. Furthermore, the when advancing your career, they do not compensate experience nor education credential for internal promotions.
N/a
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 23, 2018
I liked the people i worked with and really miss working here. It was fast pace but they made the job more bearable. I also miss the pay mu current position does not pay well.
Good Pay, Great Company, Horrible Communication & Morale
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2018
The management overall are ok people but quite a few lack professionalism. There is serious staffing issues causing mandated overtime. You may want to study dentistry because communication there is like pulling teeth. Some of your co-worker will be awesome & there are plenty of Jerks to offset them. Buy some comfortable working shoes & never plan on anything until you are off because more than likely you won't be getting off when expected. Favoritism does exist & rears its ugly head quite often. If you have a high tolerance for B.S. & help at home with time management its a good opportunity.
Pros
Good pay & plettny of overtime if you want it. Great looking uniforms.
Cons
Management, Lack Communication, Mandatory overtime.
Great Place to work
Head & Neck Surgery (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAApril 4, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits.
Current manager is not great and upper management does not do anything about it.
I feel that there is no room for growth within the organization unless you know people that can get you to there.
Productive and great people to work with
Administrative Assistant for Diabetes Center (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 29, 2018
A typical work day is very busy from beginning to end. I work with a very busy Director of the practice and for a program Coordinator along with several other Drs and NP's. its a great place to work esp. dealing with the pts.,which is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Administrative assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 26, 2018
A typical day at work for me was clearing the fax machine and my phone messages. proof reading all letters and sending them out. returning any phone calls. Scheduled patients for follow up appointments, chemotherapy, labs and any scans that were ordered. Contacting the insurance company for prior authorizations that were needed.
I loved the interaction that I had with patients and I miss that!
Pros
Being able to help a patient feel better
Cons
Loosing a patient to their disease
great job love the people
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  3400 civic center blvd.March 22, 2018
I love working for the University of Penn.

I would hope to return one day.

The managers and staff are amazing helping the patients and

physicans are great
Good
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 16, 2018
It is a great place to work at. Great environment and good customer
services. A typical day at work is fast pace and steady. You have a lot of different personalities and cultures. The job is not a hard job to and I enjoy it.
Very productive, interesting, and educational
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 15, 2018
Penn Medicine is a very professional, excellent job to have. My department was very kind, caring and showed concern for both patients and employees..
Pros
Freedom to move about in an honor system.
Cons
Lunch was whenever you could get it, but not a problem
Horrible manager
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 1, 2018
I worked in patient transport at Hup the director was a liar and never stood up for the department and the supervisor was the most vindictive person you will ever meet. She divided the staff against each other, had no leadership skills, gossip with employees about other employees, barley worked full days, never gave positive feedback. Some how she has stays while other managers who tried to change things for the better were shown the door. I have heard she is still there and things are even worst now. She had no vision for the department and it showed and the director allowed her to basically what she wanted
Pros
Great pay, education
Cons
Poor management
Can be a good place to work
Financial Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 22, 2018
Like anywhere else it depends on the department and the management. There are a lot of opportunities especially for the medical staff and people with various skills relating to research. I feel the health benefits are good and salary is not bad. As anyplace the yearly increase is about average.
Pros
Some departments have free lunches daily or monthly.
Cons
Healthcare so required shots and testing yearly.
Leadership is horrible
Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  philadelphiaFebruary 20, 2018
Don't be fooled: Penn has a strong reputation for their innovation and Medicine, but the home health side of the system is poorly managed and the higher ups are toxic and care only about numbers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Pennsylvania Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight