University of Pennsylvania Health System Employee Reviews

Fun work place with great employees
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2019
UPHS was a great work place with employees that was willing to teach me what they knew. My mangers were nice. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the patients with their needs.
not the worst but quite frankly, not the best
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2019
If you're going to do any type in Home Health as an NP spend the extra time and incorporate as an LLC and buy a malpractice liability policy. You also need to invest in a business management/accounting program like Quickbooks to help keep you organized. Then register with CMS and the health insurance companies and negotiate your own contracts. You can hire somebody to schedule the appointments from the patient lists that they provide to you.
productive and safe workplace
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAJanuary 12, 2019
a typical day at work was greeting patients in a timely matter. made sure all patients were checked in properly and all insurance information was varied and correct. Made sure their visits were satisfied with all questions and concerns they may have had. I made sure that each patient was checked out and co-pays were collected and their next follow up appointment was scheduled. The most enjoyable part of working at Penn Medicine at Radnor was to interact with the patients and being able to make sure all their needs were meant.
Awesome Health System
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2019
Penn Medicine provides ample opportunities for advancement. The managers are super helpful. The benefits are great. I would highly recommend this health system to anyone.
Large department with interesting people
Clinical Recourse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 4, 2019
Busy and educational
Learned about cutting edge treatments and care for severely ill patients
Hard working and diverse management
Education and hard work encouraged
Hardest part of the job-Telephonic clinical reviews
Best part of the position-Dealing with the patients
Pros
The diversity
Cons
The commute
The best place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 4, 2019
A relaxing place to work we have wellness program for employees. Smooth patient first. I enjoy working for the University health system. I will be with Penn as long as they will have me.
Pros
Everyone works together.
good place to work
Patient and Guest Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  philadelphiaDecember 31, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this organizaiton. Their managment is good. Their leadership is good. Felt like I was part of a family. I would reccomend.
Hard work, great benefits
Sonographer-Maternal Fetal Medicine (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 29, 2018
Penn is a very busy hospital system that will work you hard. However, the pay and benefits cannot be matched. Overall Penn Medicine has provided an excellent work experience.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2018
Working at upenn was rewarding. My manager was the best manager to work with. The hospital was very clean and the employees where well to get along with. Overall I give upenn a 10 in rating this employer.
ok
Clinical Nurse III Pennsylvania Hospital (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2018
Mangers have a hard time and administrators don't care. Pay is fair and so are the benefits. Just like every where else bare minimum cost of living increases.
Supportive environment
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NJDecember 13, 2018
Princeton was an excellent place to work. I worked there 20 years as an RN. The management was very supportive when I decided to go back to school to become an NP. The only negative was when I graduated they did not have a position that I wanted as an advanced practice nurse.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
did not have a position after I graduated from NP school
Great teamwork
Certified Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2018
It’s a very great place to learn and develop your skills.
Great teamwork and co workers
Flexible hours which management are willing to work with you.
Fun place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2018
Productive place to work. There is a lot of room for advancement. Penn offers tuition reimbursement for employees looking to pursue their degree and move up.
There is nothing like working at Penn. The most profressional place that I have had the pleaseure to work at.
(PSR) Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2018
If this had been a permanent position, I would still be there. I loved the atmosphere with the hospital as a whole. I loved moving around as a float PSR. It was very rewarding in so many way.. I would recommend anyone who is serious about a career to consider Penn.
Pros
Professionalism, team atmosphere, room for advancement, etc...
Cons
Just that the position I worked for was a temporary one.
Good pay, great benefits
Pharmacy Inventory Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 15, 2018
The best part about working at HUP is my coworkers. The pharmacists and techs are rockstars. No matter what the day throws at them, they make it happen.
Pros
Diverse workforce
Cons
the commute
Summary
Registered Surgical Nurse (Level II) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 15, 2018
Excellent healthcare system deserving of it's Top 10 reputation. Weak leadership, however physicians, pharmacist and nursing along with other clinicians are among the best in country. Strongly recommend working and going there for procedures!
excellent facility
Intern (PET/CT) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2018
Very busy facility with massive amounts of potential to learn a staggering amount of knowledge. Staff is very knowledgable and facility is staffed according to schedule very well.
Technical Officer Day shift (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2018
A great place to work. Always room for advancement. You can definitely learn a lot if you take the time to learn and stay focused on the job at will.
nice place to work but no room to advance.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 8, 2018
provided administrative support to VP and team members in their day to day operation. Manage/organize multiple calendars on daily basis. Answer screen all incoming calls. assist with scheduling & coordinating meetings using outlook calendar invites, scheduling conference rooms and also food setup, if needed. Schedule/coordinate business conferences and also personal travel.
Manage/process expense reports once their travel is completed. Organize & maintain filing system; correspondence and other documentation. Copy, scan, file and fax, order/maintain supplies, route/distribute all mail/and prepped outgoing mail.
Assist with any other tasks as needed.
Pros
like to be busy
Cons
no room for advancement
Its a nice place but very political and Compensation is not much
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PANovember 8, 2018
Benefits are great but this organization does not pay well. They invest a ton of money into their technology and building but not their employees. It can be difficult moving up because it is very political.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Pennsylvania Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight