University of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

workplace culture
Contracting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 18, 2019
Importance is placed on ethics and integrity. Excellent open learning environment. The training and development opportunities are very good. Management leads by example.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19104March 11, 2019
I have a great manager. My work environment is relaxing and inspiring. The benefits at the University of Pennsylvania are some of the best provided by employers in the city.
Productive and fun place to work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 2, 2019
I will highly recommend this job ,it's a very productive place to work, full benefits paid vacation, paid for education ,paid training job security health insurance
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Productive and fun place to work
Insurance Compliance Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 1, 2019
Very competitive and lot of experience and learning environment, with a tons of benefits and vacation hours, long breaks,and education programs, paid for college
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long breaks
Clinical Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 1, 2019
I enjoy working at Penn. I've worked here sine 2002.

I live in South Jersey, and my commute is at least 60 minutes each way, so I really need to find something closer to home.

If it wasn't for this, I wouldn't be looking to leave.
productivity
Adjunct Clinical Professor (current) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 28, 2019
Penn is a wonderful place to work. The culture is nurse friendly. The ability to learn and grow is unbelievable. Benefits to being a Penn employee.
stressful position
NP (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 28, 2019
Worked in Cardiac Transplant with a group of
Surgeons, Cardiologists, Nurse Practitioners.
Patient pool were mostly end stage cardiac failure, so extremely stressful. Position was highly demanding with many on call nights/week, covering ER, in patient & out patient.
However, colleagues & patients/family were wonderful to work with
Grew clinically
Team work, collaborating with multi disciplinary teams
Pros
Vast experience
Cons
On call
A day in the life of graduate students
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 26, 2019
Excellent place for PhD training. High quality training without the same level of pressure for a CNS paper present at other Ivy-plus schools. Could afford to live on graduate stipend.
Unsupportive, No teamwork, lack of respect between employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 21, 2019
Working at U Penn was one of the worst places for me to work. I not only say this because of the hours but because of the treatment from management to their workers. The superviser that go by the name Patricia & Nikki assumed others of stealing while i was working there & had problems with Union bi-weekly.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, horrible attitudes, antagonistic views, racial profiling.
No Real Idea of Organization
Production Coordinator and Editor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 20, 2019
I was merely contracted to film classes, which meant I was only woking on-campus a maximum of 6 hours per week. I did most of my work and submissions from home. I applied for one other position while I was at Penn, but my understanding was only brought in as a formality. The company already hired someone even before they placed their ad online. I applied for another position after my contract was done, but it was another formality akin to the other position I applied for outside of my contracted project.
Pros
Work Atmosphere
Cons
Advancement
Very Busy
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2019
Different task daily fast paced. great culture and able to work independently. i learned alot about healthcare and multitasking. enjoy working there just a tough drive daily.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2019
Love working at Penn love seeing the patients happy and lives that has been saved awesome doctors and nurses lunch is always good friendly environment and pretty quiet
Pros
quiet
Cons
the commute
U of P.
Enrollment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2019
Insert information about the progress of Doctors enrolling into current insurance plan. Insert progress on Microsoft Excel and then have weekly meetings with supervisor to update.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Temporary work
Slow-paced, rewarding
Graduate Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2019
While working at UPENN has its perks (work-life balance is outstanding, you'll be OOO by 4pm every day), be prepared to work in an archaic, slow-paced work environment.
Great Place to Work!
Residential Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2019
Great place to work. Excellent benefits. Great professional development opportunities and training. Met good people that resulted in long friends. Diverse work place culture. Learned a lot about different cultures and religions too.
n/a
Grants Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2019
Experienced Grants Coordinator providing direct support to principle investigators and sponsors at a leading education research institution. Recognized for proficiency in the daily operations of a busy, deadline focused office. Effective at mentoring and training new colleagues in the grant submission process. Demonstrated ability in planning, preparation and submission of grant proposals.
Very big school
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2019
This University is a very unique, and fast paced environment. The pay is not comparable but the benefits are good. I am not sure if I would refer a friend to work here.
Focused on staff well being.
Assistant Director, HR - Provost Centers (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2019
The organization is extremely focused on staff and provides alot of opportunities for them to self improve in their personal and professional life. Excellent benefits!!!
Pros
Lots of FREE courses for staff.
Great
Data Science Project (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAFebruary 6, 2019
Loved it. The working environment was great. Professors supported a lot
Administrative Assistant, Office of the Comptroller
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 5, 2019
Administrative Assistant, Office of the Comptroller - senior archivist for the Comptroller - converted all received documents into microfilm, and managed department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Pennsylvania. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

78%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss