University of Phoenix
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

University of Phoenix Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
The reward outweighs the pay here. The pay is decent but the reward of helping someone accomplish a milestone in life is well worth the hustle. Workplace culture is what you make of it . The hardest part of the job is maintaining a steady schedule of applicants. The easy part is guiding a prospect through the process. So much more to private education than people think
Pros
The gratitude you get from graduates
Cons
The complaints along the way
I assisted potential students in enrolling into the University. I loved being a cheerleader for my student's and helping them achieve their dreams of a college degree. I would help them through the enrollment and financial aid process and would follow through with them through their first several classes. Providing support and encouragement. I also helped facilitate and deliver New Student Orientations for new Campus students. Familiarizing them their student website and where to find additional support. Our work place culture was great we acted like one big family and we were all devastated when our campus location was closed due to cuts from the University. The hardest part was not being there for our current students when we were laid off.
Pros
Team Building seminars and community service
Cons
Constant surveillance of our work day
Enrolling military students and advising them of their benefits and how to use them, customer service work. Showing student how to apply for financial aid as well.
I worked for the University of Phoenix on a temporary basis. I enjoyed the educational environment and being able to help/interact with the students in the resource center.
Pros
I was able to work with students and help them in the resource center.
Lots of interviews with new students the oppoutunity to change lives and possibly help the very first child or and adult to receive an education beyond high school in a family.
Pros
Graduating a student you started.
Cons
Financial Aid can be a monster.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
• Provided general information to visitors and prospective students. • Performed various administrative functions in support of admissions and enrollment • Responsible for maintaining function of the student resource center and classrooms • Managed the student services department and delegate the day to day procedures • Advised and enrolled potential undergraduate and graduate students with admissions and degree completion requirements • With efficiency and expertise guided international and military students through the processes for enrolling • Assisted in making and implementing a strategy for students to see them through degree completion • Possessed a high understanding of business and information technology degree programs • Generated leads for Enrollment Counselors and increase positive awareness of the University of Phoenix within the business, information technology, and government community • Utilized a high level of interpersonal and communication skills with students and fellow enrollment counselors
Working at UOP was a joy. The staff and students always made coming to work enjoyable. I learned many office procedures and free education courses. The management was supportive at all times. Everyone worked as a team. University of Phoenix was a GREAT place to work.
Pros
Special events
Cons
Had fun, learned fundamental work related skillsgreat coworkers!
Pros
great people to work beside
Cons
rules kept changing as far as what we were allowed to do and not do
UOP is a great place to work. It is the perfect springboard to gain several great skills and an education. The skills that I gained assisted in while working for UOP and afterward.
Pros
education
Cons
career developer could be improved