University of Pittsburgh Employee Reviews

Computer Lab
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 25, 2018
Customer service, Printing mass production for faculty and staff, IT support online, chat, via telephone or in person. Retrieval of lost work. 24 hour shifts. Cathedral of Learning, Engineering, and Posvar Hall.
Pros
Busy Shifts go quickly
Cons
24 hour shifts
Postdoc contract completed
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 23, 2018
It was an okay position. Learned new laboratory techniques. Culture was not great. Challenging to establish collaborations. Enjoyed some of the people.
Stressful
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 22, 2018
The work hours are long and appreciation is low. The pressure from your advisor will create a toxic environment where it is extremely hard to thrive. Do not recommend it for anyone and also not one person I talked to about their job situation is happy!
Master in Economics
Graduate Teaching Fellow (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 22, 2018
It was a great opportunity to get perfect education. I have been enjoying doing research and having fantastic experience when I helping undergraduates.
Good work environment
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 19, 2018
I enjoy my day to day duties and love the people that I work with. I get to regularly collaborate with other employees across the University and I enjoy the connections that that creates.
Pros
Environment, Benefits
Cons
Base Pay
I love working for Higher education.
Administrative Assistant to Program Director (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 17, 2018
Higher Education employment is so rewarding. I love working with the staff, Faculty and the students. The University of Pittsburgh campus is beautiful and the environment is amazing.
Pros
Working with faculty and Students
Ok
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 8, 2018
Good campus job to have.

Good workers and environment.

Multiple positions to work at.

very boring at times. but okkkk
Loved it
researcher Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 1, 2018
Great place to work for no cons except parking! You do not get parking so you either have to take the bus or pay for parking, which I did not know until after I applied.
Pros
Everyhing
Cons
Parking
I dont know how full time or higher up positions are paid but they really undervalue the low level workers they get
athlete (Former Employee) –  field houseSeptember 22, 2018
The investigators and graduate students were great. The bureaucracy was infuriating at times but I assume that's any college. The most disheartening part was that everyone is so focused on their own projects and their own things that a lot of people who help along the way are kind of taken advantage of.
Great Educational Benefits
Adminstrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 20, 2018
I highly recommend the University of Pittsburgh to those who are seeking to obtain a first class education for themselves and their immediate family members.

For those who are seeking employment in a diverse community, the University of Pittsburgh is also promoting and encouraging staff and faculty training in the area of diversity and inclusion, with the end-goal of creating a more diverse culture.
Pros
Educational Benefits
Cons
Lower salaries
A place to learn and demonstrate tools obtain in a diverse research setting
Research Associate, (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh PASeptember 15, 2018
University of Pittsburgh provided the required mentoring for the Phd program. It's classes focused on learning the tools necessary to write grants and conduct guided research studies. I enjoyed working with those whom I could learn the skills of gathering and analyzing large data sets.
Pros
Diverse learning environment.
Cons
Directly connected to the Phd full time program.
Workplace has changed, I'm sure, over the years.
Admin. Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 11, 2018
At the time I worked there, quite awhile ago, there were typical office work days with certain periods of high stress when admin. deadlines had to be met and student applications processed.
We all knew our jobs and were left on our own to complete them properly and on time.
Pros
Immediate medical referrals.
Cons
Lots of deadlines.
Biochemist, Lab director, teacher.
Emeritus Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 9, 2018
Directed a biochemistry research laboratory. Studied cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV infection and obesity. Utilized HPLC, GC-MS, RIA, ELISA and Spectrophotometric methods. Taught biochemistry to undergraduate and graduate students.
Student summer job
student summer worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15260September 4, 2018
I learned a lot working the summer at PITT. I loved it. The people were awesome and I wish I could have stayed full time in a permanent position here.
Good school for engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering Work Study (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2018
Good school for engineering. Fun but manageable city. Not too overwhelming. Professors are willing to help but course load/workload is moderately heavy.
Great place to work.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  PittsburghAugust 24, 2018
Excellent environment and staff. Supportive and competent staff in all departments with which I interacted including the Chancellor's office, Executive Vice Chancellor's office, Provost and many others.
Pros
Great benefits and work culture.
the pI didnt do anything
Neuro-Economic Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2018
i did all the work, the PI just watched me and offered no guidence. It wcould have been a better project if we were all involved working towards a better goal.
good place to work
Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 13, 2018
Good place to work! Great benefits as a staff member. Have worked here previously and part of the reason I returned was because of the great benefits!
Biology lab department
Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2018
It was great working with the students in a smaller lab environment. The students were great and most of the staff was too. They were making a lot of changes when I left though.
relaxed
Student Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 30, 2018
It is a work study position the job allowed me to catch up on studies if needed. The management was always kind and approachable. A very family type setting