University of Redlands Employee Reviews

Teaching physics at University of Redlands
Part-time Adjunct Physics Professor (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 12, 2018
Nice school, nice students, friendly professors.
They hire a lot of adjunct faculty and accept applicants from various countries.
I recognized that student cheating seemed to be supported by the administration, and hence my short time teaching there after I pointed it out to the students. All homework is submitted online. Not all the students had bought the books and I had lent my copies of the text out to several students, as well as my calculators.
The students were getting their homework done by the tutors and their fellow students. Two students had 100% of their homework done on a chapter I hadn't even gone over yet and I asked them both to see me. Only one student came to see me and admitted to having others do his work for him. I had been told to rate the homework at a higher percentage than the tests. I told the students that I would not release the chapter problems until we were ready to start the chapter, and I was let go at the end of that week.
Parents pay a lot for their students to attend this private university, the administration pays the professors and adjunct professors to teach the students, and the administration also pays the tutors to help the students. Parents want their students to get a degree, students want to pass all their classes with high grades, and teachers are supposed to go along with this process or they are let go.
Before anyone hires a graduate from this university, or any other university, they should give them a sit-down, paper-and-pencil exam to see if they know the material.
Pros
nice campus
Cons
adminsitration
Pretty good.
CALCULUS AND PHYSICS TUTOR (Former Employee) –  12800 East Colton Avenue, Redlands, CA 92373May 5, 2018
It didn't feel like work. I got to help people in an environment I enjoyed being in. The students and tutors alike were all kind and appreciative of what I brought to the table.
Amazing experience
Assistant Director of Student Life and Housing (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 1, 2018
Inviting culture of people who are committed to learning and unlearning. A group of individuals who are very inclusive, as well as optimistic at the concept of student development and growth.
Fun
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAApril 22, 2018
I work as senator and CA... its great. Everyone is friendly and understanding. Going to school is better when you work for the school. Would recommend.
Work Study
Statistics Homework Grader (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Good job to have while going to school. I just graded for my statistics teacher at the University. I got paid once every two weeks. The pay was just to get some extra cash.
Student jobs
Head Mathematics and Physics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 25, 2018
It's a student job, you take it or leave it. There isn't much left to say. Working as a tutor was nice and fun. For a general statement for student jobs, the university understands that you are a student first. That's the key thing. It gives students a small taste of what it will be like to work later on, without having the major risks of missing work or failing at something at work.
Really fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 16, 2018
I did not work here long it was only seasonal doing flu vaccines, so my typical day was administering to about 200 students with H1N1 vaccines. The person in charge was amazing so patient and willing to help when i had trouble. It was very cool to be on a college campus to meet so many different people studying different things. I had no hard days while working there. I really enjoyed the people and my team.
Productive and Challenging
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Incredible first job experience. Positive work environment. Challenging yet rewarding experience. Walked away from the position having felt more confident in my academic abilities and having felt I had grown professionally.
Great experience for students
Community Director (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CADecember 28, 2017
These positions provided great experience for students to take with them into the workforce. My skills have been helpful in multiple positions across several industries.
Cons
Not a year-round, permanent position
Productive and relaxed place to work at
Lab technician in Foreign Language Lab (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CADecember 4, 2017
I enjoy working at the University of Redlands because of my work study. I enjoy working the hours I do at the Language lab because i get to help students that need assistance and I also get the chance to work on my work if it is slow.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
I cannot surpass more than 10 hours per week

Want to know more about University of Redlands?

Ask a question
proffessional setting
PCC Trainee (Former Employee) –  redSeptember 25, 2017
Staff was very friendly and professional. Gained a lot of experience and received several training on topics such as narrative therapy, mindfulness, and PTSD.
Cut Throat
rather not say (Former Employee) –  Redlands campusAugust 24, 2017
Typical work day was hectic and unorganized. Days could get lost in endless emails and dysfunction. The people are fantastic!!! But the administration has lost its way. Poor management, poor analytics, poor accountability.
Pros
Beautiful campus, great people
Cons
long days, no support, no growth potential
Great oppertunity to meet people and gain work experience
Overnight Admissions Host (Former Employee) –  Willis CenterAugust 15, 2017
I greatly enjoyed doing the tutors and meeting the prospective students and their families. Hosting students overnight was fun. I feel that I learned a lot of valuable skills that I can use later on. Skills such as how to work on a team, work with prospective students, working in an office atmosphere, and overall work experience. The management was great very nice and gave clear direction. The workplace culture had a college yet professional tone to it. The hardest part of the job would be doing a tour when it was really sunny or rainy outside.
I enjoyed my time at the University of Redlands
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 11, 2017
Everyone was very professional and supportive of each other. The faculty was excellent and professional. It was always a pleasant environment. The university took much pride in their students and always took the time to make them feel welcomed and like family. We organized many events for the holidays for students and faculty. We were a tight nit community.
Pros
Parties, pleasant environment, many raises, good pay and hours
Cons
I gained some, weight because, of all the goodies, and treats the, students and professors would bring me.
Low pay, bad culture
Web Content Editor (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 5, 2017
U of R pays less than other universities across the board. Turnover rate is ultra high -- in my department I only worked with two people who were there for longer than a year or two. Manager was high-strung and disagreeable. The work culture was extremely siloed.
Pros
You can go to school there for free if you work there.
Cons
Most things.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 27, 2017
Administrative work was always something new and different giving me a grasp of many different duties. Worked under very kind and easy going bosses. Learned how to schedule, use Excel and Word, and correspond through phone and email professionally.
Outstanding work environment, from the employees to the students to the beautiful campus.
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 25, 2017
Daily duties require organization, self-motivation, and detail-oriented. Deadlines and workload heavy, but consistently same day to day, so easy to acquire skil,s needed. Terrific work environment, from staff to surroundings.
Pros
Beautiful campus and work environment, caring atmosphere.
Cons
None in my experience, truly.
Good work, especially for a student
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 15, 2017
good, simple, useful work experience from the jobs available for student workers. gives good real world experience in areas that will be needed in the job market, most especially interacting with people.
Great to work for fun professors
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 27, 2017
The International relations professors are great and fun to work for doing research. They are willing to share credit for work you do on the books they work on. The flexible schedule is great.
Positive and Productive Workplace
Bon Appétit Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 17, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of making sandwiches, restocking food items, cleaning the sandwich area/tables, cutting bread, refilling condiment bottles, and making guacamole. I learned a lot while working, such as being more responsible, professional skills, simple culinary skills, and customer service skills. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, but my supervisor was rude at times. The hardest part of the job was working when the sandwich line was very long and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to build relationships with my co-workers and our regular customers.
Pros
Free meals while working, Work Experience, Relationships with Co-workers
Cons
Short breaks, Work on weekends