University of Richmond Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
great
Game Day Operations and Ticket Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2018
i really enjoyed my time there. it was a wonderful experience and i cannot wait to see how the company will prosper in the future. i would recommend this job to anyone.
Strict traditional republican values
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2018
Employees are over worked, there is no way to advance, training does not exist. Management are very traditional, no flexibility. Felt like a sales job.
I was a student
Research Assistant, Psychology Department (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 22, 2018
I was a student volunteer research assistant, so I don't feel that this (mandatory) review will be reflective of the actual workplace culture, management, or a typical day working there.
Great place
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 29, 2018
Would still be there if not for having to move away, was one of the best jobs I ever had, and easily the best manager I ever had. Made great friends, was an awesome place to work, very knowledgeable staff, great people to work with. As a company UR took care of their people, and work/life balance was the best.
Pros
Several, benefits, work/life balance, opportunities
Cons
Pay could be better
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 10, 2018
The best environment for learning I could possibly imagine. Really there is no better place that could be conceived as a supportive environment. The surroundings, people, and offerings were among the best possible.
Productive and fun environment
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed it. The environment was fast-paced but productive and rewarding. I enjoyed the department and my assigned classes. The culture was collaborative and engaging.
Great work environment to be around
Game Day Volunteer (football and basketball) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 4, 2018
I learned how to communicate with all kinds of different individuals. Work days would start in the afternoon and end at night, but each day was tons of fun.
The job it self is a great place to work!
Production Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 21, 2018
Management really sucks, The hardest part of the job was the kitchen Management. They have no Prof. training at all. No will show you they are a group of Racism people!
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Poor Management!
Ambiente stimolante USA
Tutor and teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond University (USA)April 17, 2018
Rapporto con studenti di nazionalità estera per insegnare l'italiano. L'aspetto più stimolante era mettersi continuamente in discussione ed essere sempre pronti a rispondere a domande complesse.
Fun and collaborative community
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 13, 2018
The university of Richmond is a great place to work at. Understanding and supportive coworkers, the University of Richmond community really shows that they appreciate their employees.
Great place to work.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 26, 2018
Great opportunities to learn as an employee and person. I have been involved in different committees and the University really values employee input. I would recommend working there to anyone.
Very productive, well funded and excellent management
Director of Physical Plant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VirginiaMarch 8, 2018
The University of Richmond is an excellent place to work and attend college. The setting is very beautiful and there was outstanding management. I was in charge of all maintenance and construction supervision. There was a staff of approximately 100 employees who had great benefits. There was constant construction on campus and remodeling of existing facilities. There was always funding for any justifiable need on the campus. The management of the campus would be hard to beat. The university allowed me to complete my masters degree at no cost. The staff was well trained and loyal to the university. The highest level of facilities was the standard at Richmond.
Pros
Great Place to work and attend college
Cons
Not many people are aware of this great university
Excellent work place
Visiting Lecturer of Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 8, 2018
Excellent working place. I found the University of Richmond to be an excellent working place. I appreciate the team work here. I enjoyed working with the great people.
Great library resources and helpful assistants
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2018
The nature of work has greatly helped to improve my legal research and writing skills. I also believe that my work as a Research Assistant has provided me with the munitions to thrive in any work setting.
Pros
Flexible and full work environment
Cons
No benefits
Fantastic, Group Research Lab Opportunity
Internship and Post-Bach Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA and Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 27, 2018
I worked in a particular lab during the summers, school year, and full time for 6 months after I graduated. Each of us, as undergrads, were given our own projects, hours were very flexible as long as you got your work done, there was a treat team and learning atmosphere. Our PI was FANTASTIC. Overall, best working experience I've had so far.
Pros
The team, flexible hours, great learning environment, collaboration
It varies
Part-time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 25, 2018
Each individual department works in its own unique way so it is difficult to comment on the employer as a whole. I believe that all intentions are pure and there is a true desire to lookout for their employees. The benefits are good. There appears to be a disparity between Faculty being top rung, most staff next, and then the "service" staff on the lower rung but the benefits alongside the university's own minimum wage make it one of the better places to work.
Pros
benefits, staff events (they close one day each summer to send all staff to Busch Gardens)
Cons
could have better supervisory and management training and standards.
See for yourself
Utility Worker/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 15, 2017
The job was not hard, but some of the people were not as efficient, and had poor work ethics. This made the job harder. Plus they did not train the people properly
Did not work there
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Did not work thereNovember 13, 2017
Did not work there. I was just an adviser for a sorority on campus, I did not work for University of Richmond, but Indeed is requiring that I review them.
My Review
Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 27, 2017
It was great, had a great experience, really enjoyed working with the team. Highly recommend. Great exposure and teamwork. Leadership. Competition. Skills
Part Time Work
Financial Data Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 8, 2017
This is a part-time job while i'm taking classes at the University of Richmond. I work in the Finance Lab and provide support for anybody who needs it.