University of Richmond

University of Richmond Employee Reviews

United States112 reviews
Great place to work as a student
They try and accommodate student employees to the best of their ability and it shows. I truly enjoyed working as a student in the Career Services Office.
Lovely Campus
I was a custodian at this lovely campus. I had one of the biggest areas to cover. I do dearly miss it but I had no say on my leave. My supervisor never seem to like young gentlemen who work hard and can do better everyday.
Pros
Lovely Place
Cons
Custodians are very strict
Great employer
The University of Richmond is the best employer I have ever worked for. The benefits and culture are great, employees are treated so well. I am thankful for my time there.
Great Company Culture
Great Company Culture and continuing education opportunities! Pay was average to low on comparable positions with experience. A lot of upper management who have stayed there for years.
Best Employer in Richmond Hands down!
Beautiful atmosphere great teamwork. Benefits are great!!! GO SPIDERS!
Time away and vacation days are good. You get to work with a very diverse and great group of coworkers. The dining hall food is amazing!
Pros
Work life balance is the best!
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Work/Life Balance and Overall Satisfaction
Your experience at UR is completely dependent on which office you work for and who you report to. If you have a reasonable and competent boss then you will be able to grow in your role and maintain a work/life balance. But if you have an incompetent manager do not expect any help from HR.
Great Experence,Lovely Colloge.
Overall, It was a gratifying experience for me.Just so much I learned and the Beautiful people and personality of different cultures of people. It was learning and giving, back in my own way. Great memories. Thanku.
Good work place always has something for everyone.
I was a student working at the university so my view can be skewed as my work was part time and highly flexible to allow for my class schedule. However my boss was very knowledgable and enjoyable to work with. He was a good mentor and always had time to answer questions and listen to new ideas.
Pros
flexible
good job
clean cook serve some prep serve line server some small prep prepare food for the next day. oversee that others are doing assigned job and is in designated area
As a Student Employee, UR was pretty good to me.
I worked for the sports department filming practices and games for the teams. It was not very challenging or exciting, but it paid decently enough and the hours were flexible enough so that I could get my schoolwork done.
Its not work its the people!
The work here is not that bad but it's the people you have to deal with. Mangers play favorites often and retaliate against you if question anything. But if you're caucasian you should be just fine.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Stuck up people
fun environment
I learned alot about food safety, food prep and food temperature. Working here is fast-paced but a good environment.The customers are the best part of my day.
Great Place
Very flexible with work hours. Everyone is very nice and helpful. It was fun to be able to work multiple sporting events and get experience in the sports industry.
Great place to work at.
It's a stimulating working environment. The students are great and motivated. The colleagues are friendly and supportive of each other. The campus is beautiful with a lot of resources for families and social events.
Pros
Great place to work at!
Cons
No cons
student summer research
Only performed research as a summer intern, not really appropriate to review University of Richmond as an employer for such a short term. The research environment was good for an undergraduate.
Fulfilling job with great management
I loved working with the student athletes. It was so rewarding helping the students grow in their educational experience. The management was amazing; kind, helpful, and pleasant.
degrees
It's a university, so if you have a master's degree, you won't get promoted unless it's the "right" sort of master's degree. If you have the privilege of working there, do not expect that your experience in your role will lead you to vertical mobility.
Adinistrative
I worked for the catering department at the University. They look at admins as just goffers. I loved my boss but not the people that I worked with. I did not like the way I was treated.
Productive and fun work environment
• Worked with fellow student athletes on developing leadership skills through several different activities such as, Ropes Course, hiking in the Shenandoah Mountains, Camping out, and Leadership Exercises.
• Developed skills in leadership style, group cohesiveness, communication skills, critical thinking, etc.
Too many managers to deal with
Benefits are excellent. Tuition reimbursement and free education for yourself and children. Management is a total joke. At any given time you'll have 5 different managers telling you different things to do. Management sucks!
Pros
Free lunch. Excellent benefits
great
i really enjoyed my time there. it was a wonderful experience and i cannot wait to see how the company will prosper in the future. i would recommend this job to anyone.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Richmond. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4
InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight