University of Richmond Employee Reviews

student summer research
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 22, 2018
Only performed research as a summer intern, not really appropriate to review University of Richmond as an employer for such a short term. The research environment was good for an undergraduate.
Fulfilling job with great management
ACADEMIC ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 24, 2018
I loved working with the student athletes. It was so rewarding helping the students grow in their educational experience. The management was amazing; kind, helpful, and pleasant.
degrees
employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 31, 2018
It's a university, so if you have a master's degree, you won't get promoted unless it's the "right" sort of master's degree. If you have the privilege of working there, do not expect that your experience in your role will lead you to vertical mobility.
Adinistrative
Administrative Assistant, Catering (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 25, 2018
I worked for the catering department at the University. They look at admins as just goffers. I loved my boss but not the people that I worked with. I did not like the way I was treated.
Productive and fun work environment
Spider Athletic Leadership Institute (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 24, 2018
• Worked with fellow student athletes on developing leadership skills through several different activities such as, Ropes Course, hiking in the Shenandoah Mountains, Camping out, and Leadership Exercises.
• Developed skills in leadership style, group cohesiveness, communication skills, critical thinking, etc.
Too many managers to deal with
Baker 2 (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 12, 2018
Benefits are excellent. Tuition reimbursement and free education for yourself and children. Management is a total joke. At any given time you'll have 5 different managers telling you different things to do. Management sucks!
Pros
Free lunch. Excellent benefits
great
Game Day Operations and Ticket Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2018
i really enjoyed my time there. it was a wonderful experience and i cannot wait to see how the company will prosper in the future. i would recommend this job to anyone.
Strict traditional republican values
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2018
Employees are over worked, there is no way to advance, training does not exist. Management are very traditional, no flexibility. Felt like a sales job.
I was a student
Research Assistant, Psychology Department (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 22, 2018
I was a student volunteer research assistant, so I don't feel that this (mandatory) review will be reflective of the actual workplace culture, management, or a typical day working there.
Great place
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 29, 2018
Would still be there if not for having to move away, was one of the best jobs I ever had, and easily the best manager I ever had. Made great friends, was an awesome place to work, very knowledgeable staff, great people to work with. As a company UR took care of their people, and work/life balance was the best.
Pros
Several, benefits, work/life balance, opportunities
Cons
Pay could be better
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 10, 2018
The best environment for learning I could possibly imagine. Really there is no better place that could be conceived as a supportive environment. The surroundings, people, and offerings were among the best possible.
Productive and fun environment
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed it. The environment was fast-paced but productive and rewarding. I enjoyed the department and my assigned classes. The culture was collaborative and engaging.
Great work environment to be around
Game Day Volunteer (football and basketball) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 4, 2018
I learned how to communicate with all kinds of different individuals. Work days would start in the afternoon and end at night, but each day was tons of fun.
The job it self is a great place to work!
Production Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 21, 2018
Management really sucks, The hardest part of the job was the kitchen Management. They have no Prof. training at all. No will show you they are a group of Racism people!
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Poor Management!
Ambiente stimolante USA
Tutor and teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond University (USA)April 17, 2018
Rapporto con studenti di nazionalità estera per insegnare l'italiano. L'aspetto più stimolante era mettersi continuamente in discussione ed essere sempre pronti a rispondere a domande complesse.
Fun and collaborative community
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 13, 2018
The university of Richmond is a great place to work at. Understanding and supportive coworkers, the University of Richmond community really shows that they appreciate their employees.
Great place to work.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 26, 2018
Great opportunities to learn as an employee and person. I have been involved in different committees and the University really values employee input. I would recommend working there to anyone.
Very productive, well funded and excellent management
Director of Physical Plant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VirginiaMarch 8, 2018
The University of Richmond is an excellent place to work and attend college. The setting is very beautiful and there was outstanding management. I was in charge of all maintenance and construction supervision. There was a staff of approximately 100 employees who had great benefits. There was constant construction on campus and remodeling of existing facilities. There was always funding for any justifiable need on the campus. The management of the campus would be hard to beat. The university allowed me to complete my masters degree at no cost. The staff was well trained and loyal to the university. The highest level of facilities was the standard at Richmond.
Pros
Great Place to work and attend college
Cons
Not many people are aware of this great university
Excellent work place
Visiting Lecturer of Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 8, 2018
Excellent working place. I found the University of Richmond to be an excellent working place. I appreciate the team work here. I enjoyed working with the great people.
Great library resources and helpful assistants
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2018
The nature of work has greatly helped to improve my legal research and writing skills. I also believe that my work as a Research Assistant has provided me with the munitions to thrive in any work setting.
Pros
Flexible and full work environment
Cons
No benefits