University of San Diego Employee Reviews

Variable
Dining Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2018
I worked under two different managers during my time at USD, and my work experience and expectations were HIGHLY variable. Your direct superior will determine what kind of work environment you will have, so you must be adaptable. However, while there is not a perfect "cookie-cutter" standard in dining services, I did greatly appreciate the flexibility in the hours and the dedication of the managers to ensure everyone's needs were met to the best of their ability. As a student, I was very grateful for that.
Pros
1 free meal per shift
Fun place to work
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2018
I enjoy the staff and the students I encounter every day. The students motivate me to come back and provide for them a safe environment in which to Express themselves through dance and fitness. I enjoy helping them create new, long-lasting friendships as well as providing tips for a healthy lifestyle.
Pros
Creating new relationahips
Cons
No benefits
Creative work environment
Adjunct Online Instructor (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeAugust 19, 2018
Opportunity to develop online course. Training as well as support was provided when it was needed for software platform. Technical support was available when it was needed from the university.
Pros
Flexibility in terms of schedule
Cons
Ongoing monitoring of students who missed completing required assignments.
Productive and fun work place
Cook prep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2018
I loved working at this company because I loved working with the customers. However, alot of my coworkers were pretty careless. The supervisor was mainly in the office, so people kind of took advantage of that and did pretty much whatever they wanted. Wasn't really professional. Not the best attitudes from coworkers.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
We had to pay for lunch
Review
Visiting Professor at USD (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2018
USD is a higher education institution and has an interesting curriculum. It has been endowed with some good labs, although sometimes the equipment is not maintained.
Pros
Close-by
Cons
Large classes
Great place for college student
Information Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2018
As I became more senior I was able to choose my hours; so it got a lot better. Staff was great and understanding. As I got to pick my hours I could concentrate on school more.
Great place if your significant other makes money to support you
Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2018
Overall, I loved working at USD. The university is going through a big change, but the details are unknown. The salary was lower than almost all of my peers across the country. San Diego is a very expensive place to live, so you need to take this into consideration. Parking is awful, so think about that too. Benefits are fantastic, but I'd trade vacation days for a better income.
Productive and Educational
Manager, Office of Alumni Relations (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2018
You are placed based on where your skills would fit most. I developed a lot there as a professional. Excellent benefits, the pay was reasonable and the work load was workable.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2018
I loved it there and I enjoyed the work you got payed really well the people you worked with were really good people to be around and best of all the money was really good.
Very good
Student Support Services Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2018
Student support services is great because you get free printing in addition to getting to support and help the students that will continue on to make the country great.

Want to know more about University of San Diego?

Ask a question
Staff (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 14, 2018
It is a good place to work but low pay. The campus is very beautiful and you will feel welcome on campus. There are not many opportunities to grow with the institution
Fun and relaxed environment
STUDENT SITE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2018
Really enjoyed tutoring on campus. Hours were very flexible, very relaxed environment, and you are able to do your homework while on the job. Loved tutoring a subject that I enjoyed.
Excellent place to work for an academic environment
Adjunct Professor of Chemistry (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 3, 2018
The University of San Diego is a great place to work. As an academic institution focused on teaching. The teaching load is quite reasonable and the management of the classes and students is very good.
Very competitive university
Clinical Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 28, 2018
Faculty that were established at the institution's school of nursing were not very skilled at mentoring new faculty. Although new faculty shared interest in involvement, little followup communication to "pull" you in the fold. Materials where difficult to receive to excel. Maybe if I had more time there before relocating that would have changed.
Pros
Great campus
Cons
Poor mentorship
I was in the temporary pool
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Just an absolutely abysmal experience from start to finish. They should be ashamed. I've never dealt with an organization with worse communication, less care for its employees and more arogance.
usd
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 20, 2018
USD provides a great working atmosphere. What they lack in competitive pay they make up for in benefits and over experience. Also great if you have a child entering college within 2 years.
Great Place to Work
Coordinator of Academic Publications (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Very nurturing environment, great people, Catholic university. Beautiful campus. Wonderful service facilities, great food eatery. Lots of restructuring going on in 2018.
Pros
Great benefits, wonderful colleagues.
Cons
Low end of middle pay.
Good for FT
Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Different departments have different cultures. Anything nearer academics is more progressive and collaborative. Working with students is inspiring. .
Nice work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 3, 2017
Nice work environment. Nice management and fellow employees. Free meal for each shift, in food service. No benefits for part time Employees. They do hire from within, for full time positions.
Pros
Free meal for food service, 10% discount for other jobs, nice work culture
Cons
Short breaks, difficult to get full time job, minimum wage for all food service jobs
entery level, long hours, low pay
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2017
entery level position, low pay and long hours. positives are that you at working with an athletic population and San Diego is a great city to live in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of San Diego. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss