University of San Diego Employee Reviews

Outstanding
Instructor (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CAFebruary 4, 2019
High quality leadership in this program and in this school.

This school and program prides itself on critical skill development in the field of law enforcement public safety leadership.
Enjoyable workplace
Athletics Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2019
There is a lot of sub-departments within athletics that allow for a wide range of opportunities. You can apply many of the skills you learn to an array of future jobs. The diversity is a fun way to keep you on your toes and interested in your position.
Overall good place to work
Lecturer, Theology and Religious Studies, Spring (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Chair of dept. advocated for rights of faculty. Advocated for adjuncts. the dept. was friendly and collaborative, although the workload seemed to be a bit much for the number of faculty there.
Great Work/Life Balance and benefits
Senior Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Compensation package is superior
Beautiful campus
Many Many long tenured employees which is indicative of a positive workplace and supportive environment
Great place to work.
Computer Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 29, 2018
I enjoyed working for USD. They promoted a professional and conducive teaching/learning environment. Course objectives were clear yet autonomy in the classroom was encouraged.
Pros
Great working environment. Professional institution.
family
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 3, 2018
Everyone is treated equal and gets along like a family.
There is a lot of room for growth and they have great benefits.
Management is the best part, they treated every employee great.
productive, fast paced
Line cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2018
at times busier than others and some slow days mainly weekends. working with the other cooks was amazing, worked as a team. the management could have been better
eh
Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2018
this job is good for part time high school students or college students. But don't plan on staying here too long because you'll never move up. Other than that its an alright job
Pros
free food
Cons
no growth
Variable
Dining Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2018
I worked under two different managers during my time at USD, and my work experience and expectations were HIGHLY variable. Your direct superior will determine what kind of work environment you will have, so you must be adaptable. However, while there is not a perfect "cookie-cutter" standard in dining services, I did greatly appreciate the flexibility in the hours and the dedication of the managers to ensure everyone's needs were met to the best of their ability. As a student, I was very grateful for that.
Pros
1 free meal per shift
Great Place To Work!
Campus Tour Guide and Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2018
I was a tour guide at the University of San Diego and it was great! I was a tour guide all 4 years of my undergrad and served as an ambassador to the admissions office.
Fun place to work
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 28, 2018
I enjoy the staff and the students I encounter every day. The students motivate me to come back and provide for them a safe environment in which to Express themselves through dance and fitness. I enjoy helping them create new, long-lasting friendships as well as providing tips for a healthy lifestyle.
Pros
Creating new relationahips
Cons
No benefits
Creative work environment
Adjunct Online Instructor (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeAugust 19, 2018
Opportunity to develop online course. Training as well as support was provided when it was needed for software platform. Technical support was available when it was needed from the university.
Pros
Flexibility in terms of schedule
Cons
Ongoing monitoring of students who missed completing required assignments.
Productive and fun work place
Cook prep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2018
I loved working at this company because I loved working with the customers. However, alot of my coworkers were pretty careless. The supervisor was mainly in the office, so people kind of took advantage of that and did pretty much whatever they wanted. Wasn't really professional. Not the best attitudes from coworkers.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
We had to pay for lunch
Review
Visiting Professor at USD (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2018
USD is a higher education institution and has an interesting curriculum. It has been endowed with some good labs, although sometimes the equipment is not maintained.
Pros
Close-by
Cons
Large classes
Great place for college student
Information Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2018
As I became more senior I was able to choose my hours; so it got a lot better. Staff was great and understanding. As I got to pick my hours I could concentrate on school more.
Great place if your significant other makes money to support you
Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2018
Overall, I loved working at USD. The university is going through a big change, but the details are unknown. The salary was lower than almost all of my peers across the country. San Diego is a very expensive place to live, so you need to take this into consideration. Parking is awful, so think about that too. Benefits are fantastic, but I'd trade vacation days for a better income.
Productive and Educational
Manager, Office of Alumni Relations (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2018
You are placed based on where your skills would fit most. I developed a lot there as a professional. Excellent benefits, the pay was reasonable and the work load was workable.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 28, 2018
I loved it there and I enjoyed the work you got payed really well the people you worked with were really good people to be around and best of all the money was really good.
Very good
Student Support Services Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2018
Student support services is great because you get free printing in addition to getting to support and help the students that will continue on to make the country great.
Staff (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 14, 2018
It is a good place to work but low pay. The campus is very beautiful and you will feel welcome on campus. There are not many opportunities to grow with the institution

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of San Diego. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss