University of San Francisco Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Ucsf
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 17, 2018
Ucsf has some very great employees to be around and with. I feel that the benefits is one of the most reason why people stay and continue to work there. Other than that Management needs more training or guidance to run everything smoothly.

No complains about UCSF
Pros
Benefits amazing
Cons
over worked
Challenging work experience
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 14, 2018
A typical day at work is never boring or easy. It is challenging but exciting as well. It starts with the morning meeting where issued are hashed out and management expresses their concerns. The day is almost never routine because the University has 28 campuses and the buildings all have issues. You never know when you go to do a job if it will be something simple and easy or if it will turn out to be complicated and challenging. That is the hardest part of the job but also the most enjoyable if you happen to like problem solving.
Politically driven workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2018
Political battles among the leadership trickle down and create regular turnover in staff. A desire to construct more buildings on campus led to a recent campus-wide layoff to shift salaries to construction costs. Employees covered by a union are the only way I'd recommend working here.
Pros
Beautiful Grounds, free gym.
Cons
Job security.
You need to be self-motivated
Student Transcriber (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 30, 2018
You spend most of your time alone listening to interviews and writing them down. The interviews were very interesting. I enjoy working alone so I liked it.
Pros
Set my own pace
Cons
not much feedback
Wonderful
Orientation Leader: Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 21, 2018
I held multiple positions on the University of San Francisco's campus and all of them were great experiences. The only real inconvenience was the time-logging system for the school's employees.
First student job
Athletic Events Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2018
Typical day at work consisted of a lot of heavy lifting and manual labor. I appreciated the experience however working for USF's athletic department was very unorganized and stressful.
Quiet work environment
Paid Data Management Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 27, 2018
Quiet work environment. I worked as a intern so I didn't have a lot of hard deadlines. Deadlines for other workers seemed manageable though and it generally did not feel stressed out in the office. The director or admissions (I worked in operations) was really nice and like any non-profit, everyone I met was nice.
Good for early career or masters only
part time faculty (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 20, 2018
There is limited support for part time faculty members, and the professor evaluation process is neither representative nor fair, because it relies largely on highly subjective student reviews, and there is no system to monitor or mandate or standardize students' reviews.
America Reads
America Reads Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2018
America Reads allows you to choose your own hours which is one of the highlights of this job. The only thing that is tricky is that sometimes you aren't given as many hours as you would like.
A true community
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 19, 2018
A typical work day is completing a list of clerical tasks. I have enhanced my people skills as I have had to interact with international students from all walks of life. Workplace culture is very relaxed with understood boundaries. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people you will work with and encounter on the job.
Great Place
University Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2018
Great Plac to work and great people to work with. I felt valued as an individual. I never felt that I was in a cutthroat environment but an environment of support.
Great
Summer Guest Host (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2018
Summer easy job and fun place. I applied when i was a freshman and have had the same job for over 3 years. it's a great place to work and would recommend everyone work for the university.
I was a just a student here
Field Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 1, 2018
I was just a student here so I don't have enough information to rate the company. Worked as a field coordinator as a part of my thesis for as a graduate student.
building leadership experience
International Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 29, 2018
helping every new intentional student with immigration states and school need. it was a very learning experience and great way to provide help to others
amazing!
Teaching Assistant- The World (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 26, 2018
I came here as a student and left with so many good opportunities and memories as a student and employee. This University did so much for me and I know that it will do a lot for whoever chooses to work here.
Pros
work environment, city location
Great students
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 26, 2018
This is an excellent, small campus with a deep commitment to social justice. The students are hard working and willing to work in teams. The faculty is down to earth and steeped in critical uses of theory.
Worth
Clinical Training Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 16, 2018
The administration is generally filled with understanding supervisors and easy going personalties. Work goes by pretty smoothly as a result. Information can be a little slow sometimes, so it's important to send reminders.
It's just a student job
Community Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 9, 2018
Don't expect anything from this job. It is just a student job. They offer paid sick leave. By working there, you get minimum for day shifts and $.50 more during night shifts. Hours can be very unpleasant since someone needs to be working at all times. Very flexible with scheduling.
A highly productive place to work
Teaching Assistant Economics & Grading (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 16, 2018
A typical day at work is full with teaching students, grading their assignment.
I also learned a lot from the student and it actually motivate me as a good leader.
Very good
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2018
It was a good job with supporting mentors. I worked closely with my professor, and she was always willing to help during any issues i had with students or the creation of the work