University of San Francisco Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Senior Infrastructure Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 10, 2019
I was there for 8 months and learned that in 3 years they had over 30 project managers because they do not care about anyone. The environment is toxic. If management is in a bad mood that day they will let you go. They are not trustworthy, they generate projects to validate the board spending money but want you to go as slow as possible implementing. You are micro managed and contractors have it the worse. If you land a job here, do not accept it.
Appropraite review and professional practice.
ADJUNCT FACULTY (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 9, 2019
Effective reviews and professional practice. All teacher candidates are professional.
Working condition is based on teaching graduate students to become Elementary and high school teachers
Pros
Cons
Short
Great colleagues
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 11, 2019
Watch out for the old Executive culture of the University. It a good old boys(woman) team that will overlook complaints to protect their own. HR is no help. The VP bows down to the corrupt system instead of doing what is sometimes right. Most employees seem to hold on because of the great benefits and good pay. But most are very unhappy with their supervisor and leadership. Although there are some some good times and events to participate in. Otherwise, the Board, President, Provost and General Counsel, all tend to mostly look out for themselves and for closest allies.
Pros
Tuition remission
Cons
Hr
Working at USF is like any other College
ITS Classroom Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2019
A typical workday for a Classroom Technician:
Come into the office on time, sit down and look over new incident request tickets and calendar events to see if there are any scheduled tickets I need to take care of. Other than that answer phone calls from the ITS help desk and visit the classrooms/professors that need help as told by the help desk.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes and lots of time down time.
Cozy and friendly environment
Chinese Language Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 2, 2019
The position is a part-time tutor while I was a student there. It is a great opportunity to exercise your talking skills and expand your social network there. I worked for Master program of Asian Pacific Studies there. All the instructors are very nice and willing to give you advice. Always prepare a bottle of water if you want to teach as a language teacher. Students are eagerly asking questions!
Flexible and Independent
EMR (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 6, 2019
I mostly work the first shift of the day which requires to check the maintenance of our AED, suction machine and glucometer. I work alone when responding to calls, so I have been able to improve my confidence and patient assessment.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Poor Communication
busy place to work
Department Supervisor, SONHP (Former Employee) –  Presidio CampusFebruary 10, 2019
Assisting students and staff to complete the program. Working at an off-site campus was challenging, but the students and faculty made it worthwhile. I really enjoyed the PsyD Department.
Fun and fast-paced work environment
Teaching Assistant for CS110 (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 23, 2019
On a typical day I would print quizzes before class started and then go into class. After students were done taking them I would grade them. I held office hours 3 times a week to help- students work through homework and projects. When I had spare time between classes I would grade homework, projects, and test.
Beautiful campus
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2019
I wasn't a great fit for the Human Resources department and it wasn't a good fit for me. But plenty of people seemed to enjoy their work and the location overlooking downtown San Francisco was breathtaking.
job
Game Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 16, 2019
office and employee management, planning, setting up for, and managing all game day events in a sporting facility, coordinating staffing needs, assisting facility managers in upkeep, developing production sheets, timing special events, directing music selection.
Ucsf
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 17, 2018
Ucsf has some very great employees to be around and with. I feel that the benefits is one of the most reason why people stay and continue to work there. Other than that Management needs more training or guidance to run everything smoothly.

No complains about UCSF
Pros
Benefits amazing
Cons
over worked
First Job
SPORTS INFORMATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 16, 2018
This was my first job following graduation from college. Gained significant experience and knowledge about sports public relations. It was a great start to my career and led me on a path a blessed career in the sports industry.
Pros
Gained Valuable Experience, Opportunity to Work in Sports
Cons
It was just an internship
Challenging work experience
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 14, 2018
A typical day at work is never boring or easy. It is challenging but exciting as well. It starts with the morning meeting where issued are hashed out and management expresses their concerns. The day is almost never routine because the University has 28 campuses and the buildings all have issues. You never know when you go to do a job if it will be something simple and easy or if it will turn out to be complicated and challenging. That is the hardest part of the job but also the most enjoyable if you happen to like problem solving.
Politically driven workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2018
Political battles among the leadership trickle down and create regular turnover in staff. A desire to construct more buildings on campus led to a recent campus-wide layoff to shift salaries to construction costs. Employees covered by a union are the only way I'd recommend working here.
Pros
Beautiful Grounds, free gym.
Cons
Job security.
You need to be self-motivated
Student Transcriber (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 30, 2018
You spend most of your time alone listening to interviews and writing them down. The interviews were very interesting. I enjoy working alone so I liked it.
Pros
Set my own pace
Cons
not much feedback
Wonderful
Orientation Leader: Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 21, 2018
I held multiple positions on the University of San Francisco's campus and all of them were great experiences. The only real inconvenience was the time-logging system for the school's employees.
First student job
Athletic Events Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2018
Typical day at work consisted of a lot of heavy lifting and manual labor. I appreciated the experience however working for USF's athletic department was very unorganized and stressful.
Quiet work environment
Paid Data Management Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 27, 2018
Quiet work environment. I worked as a intern so I didn't have a lot of hard deadlines. Deadlines for other workers seemed manageable though and it generally did not feel stressed out in the office. The director or admissions (I worked in operations) was really nice and like any non-profit, everyone I met was nice.
Good for early career or masters only
part time faculty (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 20, 2018
There is limited support for part time faculty members, and the professor evaluation process is neither representative nor fair, because it relies largely on highly subjective student reviews, and there is no system to monitor or mandate or standardize students' reviews.
America Reads
America Reads Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2018
America Reads allows you to choose your own hours which is one of the highlights of this job. The only thing that is tricky is that sometimes you aren't given as many hours as you would like.