University Of Scranton Employee Reviews in Scranton, PA

Teamwork Workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 5, 2019
A typical day at work iis very busy and consists of teamwork and speed and a clean enviroment.
I learned how to get faster speed and work together as a team with others.
The Management treated us well and made sure we always had the supplies we needed and took our lunches.
The workplace culture was very happy motivated and kept everyone with smiles on their faces.
The hardest part of the job will be days where you were working by yourself taking multiple orders at once.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having satisfied customers and compliments on how you did their order so well.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
15 minute breaks
Learned everyday
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 10, 2019
I worked everyday to help peers to clearly be able to communicate in both reading and writing in the Spanish Language
Assess individual’s problem areas
Helped to improve peers skills
Assisted students in writing and reading in Spanish

I learned that patience and listening is a key to tutoring.
Most enjoyable part of the job getting to know my colleagues and becoming great Friends.
Student not employee
Program Specialist/Internship (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 27, 2018
I was a student during my time at the University of Scranton, not an employee. While i was working for the department of veterans affairs I was completing my internship requirements for graduation.
A fine place to work, and good people.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 11, 2018
I was an adjunct instructor with wonderful people, but, all things come to an end and our program was reduced from a core class required of all students to an elective.
Pros
Adjunct instructor.
Cons
Adjunct instructor.
Just a Work-Study Position
Stage Technician (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 11, 2018
There are a lot of good people here at the U and I think it comes through with the management of the work-study positions on campus. There isn't a lot to say because it is just a work-study position at a school, but it's a positive environment filled with positive people.
University of Scranton/ RES Life
Intramural Organizer/Referee (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMarch 14, 2018
The University of Scranton allowed me to work as a Resident Assistant while also being employed by the field house running the Intramural Programs for basketball, volleyball and flag football.
Enjoyed my time
Student Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAMarch 7, 2018
I really loved my time here at the University, everyone I meet and worked with were really awesome. My managers have been great and always help when problems arise.
Good Master's experience
Graduate Student, Biology (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 28, 2018
I got my Master's from Scranton while teaching and performing research. I taught 3 classes a week and did research for a great PI for roughly 20 hours a week.
The U is great to students workers
Performance Music Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 18, 2018
If you are eligible for work study, I recommend you do it. It is convenient to have a job with flexible hours and is close by. There are tons of positions so go find one.
enjoyable job
Per Diem Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 10, 2018
the clinical experience at Regional Hospital was fast paced, great critical care clinical setting for the nursing students. Students during this rotation were also able to see patients in the cardiac cath lab, Ed and OR procedures
Tranquil and hospitable area
Student Assistant, Physics Lab (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 28, 2017
An office space with many sociable persons. Tasks would be fairly undemanding and straightforward as they would include making copies for various staff, teaching assistants, and even work study associates from other offices. it would also include setting up classrooms for Physics lab classes.
Pros
Responsibilities and duties that would be simple and would take little. time to accomplish
Cons
Some times are busier than others due to small amount of work-study students.
Work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 17, 2017
University of Scranton, is an outstanding family oriented institution. They care about their employees, and I love working there on the part time level.
Cons
Recreation Sports Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 6, 2017
Productive place of employment. Good for students with work study positions to allow for spending money. Also great benefits with tuition reimbursement for full time employees
Pros
Free tuition
Cons
Quick Paced
Perfect environment for an adjunct instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 6, 2017
The University of Scranton is an excellent employer for adjunct faculty members. they offer flexible schedules that can work with any schedule, and from any location!
Chemistry lab
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 1, 2017
Really good people to work with. A good pay for type of work. A job includes teaching chem lab, grading lab reports and quizzes, going over safety etc.
Work Study
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 17, 2017
This was a work study position, so some of the categories above did not apply to my position. I was an office assistant in the Human Resources department. The staff was fantastic and it was great as a work study position.
Sranton
Student Tech Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 13, 2017
it is a great place to work a lot all the time to make more and more money you will meet others and enjoy your time their and here and have fun and learn
Review Summary
Facilities (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 26, 2016
Clock in, get keys, report to assigned building. Clean classrooms, bathrooms, and other general maintenance. Sometimes do set-ups for events. At end of shift, return keys.
Great place to work while working as a student
Intramural Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 21, 2016
Working in the recreation department while attending Scranton is a great opportunity to meet people while earning some money. In addition Scranton teaches a good work ethic.
Pros
Time with friends
Cons
low pay
Laid back, comfortable, yet efficient work place with great people.
Student Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 10, 2016
In the office of admissions, we typically help the admissions staff and counselors with various day to day activities. These include answering the phones, inputting student data into the system, helping to organize admissions events, and performing tasks to make the counselors' jobs easier. My supervisor and director are both fantastic people. I felt welcome and productive immediately thanks to them and help from my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the tedious aspect of putting together countless admissions packets and folders for prospective students. The best part of the job is knowing that I made an impact in bringing students to the university.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
PA minimum wage because it is a work study position.